I wrote a piece awhile back called The Fix Is In where I tried to explain the near impossibility for any Candidate not chosen by the Establishment GOP to win the GOP Primary, I was hoping this year might see those strategies defeated but after Iowa it seems those strategies will once again help the Establishment GOP to get a Statist nominee.
Rubio is the clear leader among the Statist Candidates, which is a very troubling reality this early in the process.
I wanted all of the Statist’s to come in close enough to each other to keep most of them in the race for awhile, if any one of them becomes the clear front runner of the Establishment crowd the others will drop out and enable the vote splitting between Trump and Cruz to give the Establishment pick the States that use a winner take all delegate distribution method.
These early States serve to make a momentum argument but they really don’t matter much in terms of delegates, 2 popular “Outsiders” splitting the votes of the GOP Base will insure the combined support for the Statist can take ALL of those later delegates.
With a Cruz win in Iowa and the near certainty of a Trump win in New Hampshire, both of these Candidates will stay in; another split in Nevada and South Carolina will further inspire the same. By the time the votes are counted in South Caroline Rubio will likely be the last Establishment Candidate left so there will be no significant vote splitting on the Establishment side going forward.
This is why I am rarely optimistic about the GOP Primary, in off year elections the Base can make their voice heard but it is near impossible to get a Conservative nominee past the GOP Primary in Presidential elections; this insures either a Democrat victory or an Establishment GOP firewall to keep the Conservatives in Congress neutered if the Establishment Republican nominee somehow wins the White House.
The solution is simple in concept but very difficult to realize, all we have to do is get behind one “Outsider Candidate” and stick with them. But anyone following the barbs between the Trump and the Cruz factions knows that most Cruz supporters will not back Trump if they think there is any hope left for Cruz and Trumps supporters are even more rabid about their guy.
But the Establishment voters are just fine dumping whoever their preferred “status quo” guy is for Rubio if he becomes the clear favorite of the old guard. After Iowa the table is set for a “Same thing, different election” outcome, which is very bad news for our Constitution and the posterity of the United States.
The good news is that I am going to fix the problem right now, and then we can all rest easy and coast to victory; at peace with the knowledge that we have secured a future for our children and grandchildren by snatching our Constitutional Republic back from the jaws of the tyrannical beast just before he can swallow.
Here we go.
First, Cruz needs to stop listening to his campaign staff and start listening only to me; that should be an easy transition since I will charge him no more than they do but I will get him a New Hampshire win even in this late hour.
Next, Cruz needs to start giving speeches tomorrow where these promises are listed directly (and just as simply as I am going to list them here)
In the first 100 days of the Cruz Administration these 10 items will be voted on by Congress (provided the GOP holds onto a majority) and those that pass will be sent to the White House where they will become Law.
1) The ObamaCare fines for those who have not purchased a government approved health insurance plan will be retroactively repealed, all fines paid up to this point will be refunded in the form of a tax credit and all those who have refused to pay them are forgiven.
2) All ObamaCare requirements for the content of health insurance plans are repealed, health insurance companies are free to develop whatever plans that they think will best serve their customers.
3) All restrictions on where health insurance companies can do business are removed, health insurance companies are free to do business anywhere in the United States where they choose to compete.
4) All unilateral authority to pass regulations and levy fines is removed from all non elected federal bureaucracies, they must now petition Congress when they want new rules established and Congress must vote to approve the rules/fines and get a Presidential signature for them to become enforceable.
5) The use of Eminent Domain will only be lawful in instances of projects that will be owned by the public for public use, never for the transfer of property from one citizen to another based on perceived “public benefit” or for any other reason.
6) The construction of a border barrier will begin immediately in the interest of enforcing our current immigration Laws as written.
7) No public money will be given/allocated to any organization that performs elective abortions in the United States or abroad; no Taxpayer will be forced to fund or in any way support the destruction of innocent human life or the organizations which carry out these activities.
8) All authority over school curriculums and teaching methods is transferred to the States to decide as they wish; the Federal Department of Education will have no authority over any school curriculum or teaching methods in any State unless that State formally requests their input.
9) The Capital Gains tax is repealed for all citizens and businesses.
10) The top income tax rate will be reduced to 28% and all lower rates will be reduced proportionately by the same factor.
After these items have been dealt with we will begin talk of restructuring the tax code in a more dramatic fashion and take a more comprehensive look at getting the government further out of the health care system in America. But these quick actions will stop the economic bleeding and allow the economy to recover by removing the incentive to hoard Capital and reward the willingness to risk Capital. Once the education system is back on track and the Border barrier is complete a further look at what additional security measures can still be taken will be studied as well as how best to deal with those who have entered the United States without consent up to this point.
End of new Cruz strategy.
If Cruz adopts this strategy he will add a New Hampshire victory to his Iowa win and clean house in South Carolina; who knows about Nevada but also who cares. His support will eclipse Trump by enough of a margin to keep Rubio at bay even if all the other Establishment GOP Apologists drop out tonight.
This Campaign Platform should be called “Jumpstart America by the brilliant Blogger RET423” and can be published online and in every newspaper in the country for very little money, leaving plenty of resources to create commercials for television that can communicate this agenda within a 30 or 60 second spot.
Everybody already knows that Cruz is a defender of the Constitution, a good Christian, a friend to Israel and not afraid to take on the Establishment GOP so stop with the repeating of the resume and start blasting specifics at the voters about what they care about NOW; and don’t forget to show the hand to all those who challenge the plausibility of this first 100 day strategy or the effectiveness of these actions if they pass.
Maybe the name of the Platform is negotiable…….…Maybe.