Political Views
    *Survey*
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Zero Tolerance for Guns Gone Even More Stupid

www.unitedliberty.org

Schools throughout the nation adopted so-called “zero tolerance” rules dealing with guns in the wake of school shootings and gang violence back in the 1990’s.

Kids are suspended for using their finger as a fake gun to play cops and robbers on the playground and kids are suspended for wearing shirts with the word "Marines" and a caption of a gun, and now three kids are suspended for disarming a would be shooter. The funny thing is, the three are suspended for an incident involving a gun, when they didn't bring the gun. I guess the school admin. would just want them to stand by and let the chips fall where they may.
    Saved from God. Saved by God. Saved for God.

“We shall not adjust our Bible to the age; but before we have done with it, by God’s grace, we shall adjust the age to the Bible.” Charles H. Spurgeon

ClassicalTeacher is offline Proud Mackerel Snapper
    Political Views
    *Survey*
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I think parents should take a "zero tolerance" attitude toward sending their children to these dens of marxist-communist-atheistic schools of propaganda. Until parents, en masse, start putting their outrage into action and taking their children OUT of these "schools" this kind of nuttiness will continue. It's like the old saying that until you hurt someone/something in the pocketbook, all your complaining and whining will do absolutely nothing.
    “A little science takes you away from God but a lot of science takes you back to Him… Question your priorities often, make sure God always comes first… Posterity will one day laugh at the sublime foolishness of the modern materialistic philosophy. The more I study nature, the more I stand amazed at the work of the Creator." (Louis Pasteur)

"Evil ignored is evil embraced."

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." (George Orwell)

3. 2 Members say 'Thank You' ClassicalTeacher for the great post:

Devilneck (03-06-2013), Susanna (03-06-2013)

BullsOnParade is offline Senior Operative
    Political Views
    *Survey*
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And put their kids where? Not everyone can afford private schools.

I still find the assault on public schools absurd. I meet people who went to private schools and who were home schooled every day in college and they are not any different than a public school kid. Instead of focusing on schools being the problem then how about we look somewhere else, these kids are stupid whether they go to a private or public school.

Kids will learn however much they want to learn. Most of them would rather play video games. Education is outdated, the internet contains almost all the information in the world and the opportunity for knowledge is almost limitless. Autodidacticism is what they should be doing.

ClassicalTeacher is offline Proud Mackerel Snapper
    Political Views
    *Survey*
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsOnParade View Post

I still find the assault on public schools absurd. I meet people who went to private schools and who were home schooled every day in college and they are not any different than a public school kid. Instead of focusing on schools being the problem then how about we look somewhere else, these kids are stupid whether they go to a private or public school.

Kids will learn however much they want to learn. Most of them would rather play video games. Education is outdated, the internet contains almost all the information in the world and the opportunity for knowledge is almost limitless. Autodidacticism is what they should be doing.
    Guess you never read my link to Marva Collins...
    “A little science takes you away from God but a lot of science takes you back to Him… Question your priorities often, make sure God always comes first… Posterity will one day laugh at the sublime foolishness of the modern materialistic philosophy. The more I study nature, the more I stand amazed at the work of the Creator." (Louis Pasteur)

"Evil ignored is evil embraced."

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." (George Orwell)

Minuteman is offline Senior Operative
    Republic of Texas one of the last Free States
    Political Views
    *Survey*
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bulls....from this statement I can only deduce that you either have no children, or if you do you have an excellent Government school that they attend.
    Having dealt with Government School for a combined 15 years period, I would rather have my pubic hairs plucked out by a TSA agent....
    The moral and constitutional obligations of our representatives in Washington are to protect our liberty, not coddle the world, precipitating no-win wars, while bringing bankruptcy and economic turmoil to our people. – Congressman Ron Paul, 1987

7. 3 Members say 'Thank You' Minuteman for the great post:

ClassicalTeacher (03-06-2013), Devilneck (03-08-2013), Right Wing (03-06-2013)

PeteS in CA is online now Theocon
    Political Views
    *Survey*
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    The immediate incident mentioned in the article RW linked is the subject of this thread, begun a couple of days ago. The first paragraph of RW's article makes a couple of good points:

Schools throughout the nation adopted so-called “zero tolerance” rules dealing with guns in the wake of school shootings and gang violence back in the 1990’s. They haven’t really accomplished a whole heck of a lot, but keep popping up in the news from time to time due to various idiotic points of the rule that will occasionally ban a kid for using his fingers as a gun, shaping his breakfast like a gun, or disciplining a child for wearing a t-shirt that has a picture of an American soldier on it.
    Schools' Zero Thought policies are a creation of the 1990s and grew out the hype-hysteria whipped up by the Clinton MALAdministration. US public schools of the first half of the 20th Century and earlier would not have dared try the kind of @#$% done under schools' Zero Thought policies! And as overly-accepting of creeping acts of government petty tyranny as Baby-Boomers and the generations after have been, more and more of us are finding that our threshold of pain has been reached, stomped on and violated by Zero Thought policy. It's been building since the 70s - even before Zero Thought policies and for more reasons than "just" that tyrannic stupidity - but more and more parents are finding ways to make the "sacrifices" necessary to get their kids into private campus schools or are homeschooling. The, "It may be a sewer, but it's the only swimming pool in town," argument isn't working. As the number of decent PSs slowly dwindle, under the weight of government-mandated PC @#$%, PC-indoctrinated indoctrinators with teaching credentials, PC, union contracts that compensate teachers on the basis of seniority rather than competence and unions perversely protect their worst members, more and more parents who love their children and find decent PSs unavailable will sacrifice their present - if that's what it takes - for the sake of their children's future.
    PC Nazi, (Lazy-No-Thought-Pejorative Adjective-of-Choice), and generally scary Bogey-Moderator.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

I support UNexit: Get the US out of the UN; Get the UN out of the US!

9. 2 Members say 'Thank You' PeteS in CA for the great post:

ClassicalTeacher (03-06-2013), Devilneck (03-08-2013)

PeteS in CA is online now Theocon
    Political Views
    *Survey*
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    There are several crazy-things-public-schools-have-done threads here on RO. This article lists a number of the more recent events so readers willing to acknowledge it can see that the problem is not with one or two isolated crazies, but a growingly systemic problem of tyrannic "educators" and educrats:

‘Tiny Terrorists’ Caught Up in Anti-Gun Hysteria
    by Mike McDaniel
    PJMedia.com
    3/4/13
    As a teacher of high school English — and a firearms instructor — I have a dog in this fight. I often defend the public schools against unfair criticism, observing that most teachers are quiet professionals who do not indoctrinate their students with progressive propaganda. But what appears to be a nationwide epidemic of politically correct lunacy apparently sparked by the Newtown murders and egged on by President Obama’s anti-gun road show, and by his congressional fellow travelers, is running riot. These are just a few of the more recent incidents:

(1) Place: White Marsh Elementary School, Tabot County, Maryland

Tiny Terrorists: Two six-year-old boys (kindergartners)

“Weapons”: Fingers
    (3) Place: D. Newlin Fell School, Philadelphia

Tiny Terrorist: A fifth-grade girl

Punishment: Searched and scolded in the presence of classmates, threatened with arrest.
    (4) Place: Sumter County School District, Sumter, South Carolina

Tiny Terrorist: Six-year-old girl

Punishment: Expelled from school for a semester

Facts: The girl brought a broken, transparent plastic toy airsoft gun, with the soft plastic pellets visible inside, for show and tell. The toy was seized, the police were called, and the girl was threatened with arrest if she set foot on school property
    What makes this article rather poignant (and not pleasantly!) is that the author, McDaniel, is himself a teacher. He's tired of broad-broom condemnations of PSs and of what seems like PSs' mad rush to justify those condemnations! I hope he's in a really secure position in a really good school district. Otherwise, daring to publish this article on a New Media outlet such as PJMedia.com could lead to an involuntary career change!
    PC Nazi, (Lazy-No-Thought-Pejorative Adjective-of-Choice), and generally scary Bogey-Moderator.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

I support UNexit: Get the US out of the UN; Get the UN out of the US!

11. 2 Members say 'Thank You' PeteS in CA for the great post:

BullsOnParade (03-06-2013), ClassicalTeacher (03-06-2013)

Political Views
    *Survey*
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Minuteman View Post
    Bulls....from this statement I can only deduce that you either have no children, or if you do you have an excellent Government school that they attend.
    Having dealt with Government School for a combined 15 years period, I would rather have my pubic hairs plucked out by a TSA agent....
    I graduated from high school 3 years ago

Susanna is offline Cyber Mom
    Political Views
    *Survey*
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I graduated from high school 3 years ago
    Which puts you an excellent position to "understand" the whole public school system and how it works.

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem; they shall prosper that love thee. Psalm 122:6
    Jesus is still King!
    Isn't it funny how so many people think that "science" can do anything and everything, but God (if they even acknowledge His existence) can't do much of anything? - Me

14. 1 Member says 'Thank You' Susanna for the great post:

ClassicalTeacher (03-06-2013)

Political Views
    *Survey*
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, it certainly gives me a better micro-viewpoint than anyone else that's posted on this thread.

I'll admit I'm a little biased, at the risk of sounding pretentious, my IQ score is pretty high so school was never going to really be worth anything.

I was in a concurrent college algebra class in highschool and I didn't do any of the homework till the last month of class. At that point I taught myself college algebra with no help, finished the homework, and made an 88 on the final. So I'm not exactly a good judge on how challenging school should be, although I admit I don't recall any of my classmates saying "this is too hard"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast