register now
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Man & Dinosaur in Central America-Genesis was Right!

teri107 is offline A New Face
    Political Views
    *Survey*
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Man & Dinosaur in Central America-Genesis was Right!

Did Dinosaurs Interact with Man Under Blue South American Skies? If You Believe the Darwinist Timescale Applies; Viewer Discretion is Advised! « The s8intcom Blogger
    This article is the Transcript to the 15 minute video below. If you want to see all four of the “dinosaurs” we discuss (Ancient Central American), plus the comparisons with modern depictions, then you need to either view the video or the Slide Presentation

YouTube - Dinosaur and Human Interaction in Ancient Central America.

samspade is offline Truth Seeker
    Political Views
    *Survey*
    Threads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    My understanding is dinosaurs were long gone by the time man arrived on th scene

s is suWhen Chuck Norris was in middle school, his English teacher assigned an essay: "What is courage?" He received an A+ for turning in a blank page with only his name at the top.pposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.
    - Ronald Reagan -
    - Ronald Reagan -

samspade is offline Truth Seeker
    Political Views
    *Survey*
    Threads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    After looking at the link all i can think of is this is some kind of joke rather than a serious dissertation on whether man and dinosaur shared the same time period.

The pictures themselves should be a dead give away that this is a joke rather than any attempt to discuss the possibility of the coexistence of man and dinosaur during the same period.

Two toy animals and what looks like a vase on its side lend no credibility to the OP.

s is suWhen Chuck Norris was in middle school, his English teacher assigned an essay: "What is courage?" He received an A+ for turning in a blank page with only his name at the top.pposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.
    - Ronald Reagan -
    - Ronald Reagan -

Susanna is offline Cyber Mom
    Political Views
    *Survey*
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by samspade View Post
    My understanding is dinosaurs were long gone by the time man arrived on th scene
    Nope, there are records of footprints of both man & dinosaur in the same strata. All the "good" footprints were retrieved and taken to a museum, but I saw pictures taken before then in a film called "footprints in the stone."

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem; they shall prosper that love thee. Psalm 122:6
    Jesus is still King!
    Isn't it funny how so many people think that "science" can do anything and everything, but God (if they even acknowledge His existence) can't do much of anything? - Me

Chief Dork is offline Waiting for Krugman
    Political Views
    *Survey*
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    “Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.” George Orwell.

"When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier when it's called 'The People's Stick' ." Mikhail Bakunin

"A citizen can hardly distinguish between a tax and a fine, except that the fine is generally much lighter." G. K. Chesterton

Cam
    Cam is offline MittWit
    Political Views
    *Survey*
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Dork View Post
    Oh yeah? Well explain this then!

"Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”...WFB

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity" R.Hanlon

"
    Never despair; but if you do, work on in despair" E. Burke

Political Views
    *Survey*
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I've heard that "man track myth" thing, but I saw clearly on that film human tracks that were not inside the dinosaur tracks.

Jesus is still King!
    Isn't it funny how so many people think that "science" can do anything and everything, but God (if they even acknowledge His existence) can't do much of anything? - Me

Political Views
    *Survey*
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by teri107 View Post
    Did Dinosaurs Interact with Man Under Blue South American Skies? If You Believe the Darwinist Timescale Applies; Viewer Discretion is Advised! « The s8intcom Blogger
    This article is the Transcript to the 15 minute video below. If you want to see all four of the “dinosaurs” we discuss (Ancient Central American), plus the comparisons with modern depictions, then you need to either view the video or the Slide Presentation

YouTube - Dinosaur and Human Interaction in Ancient Central America.
    With all due respect, the issue is not whether Genesis is "right" or "wrong", but rather the manner in which it should be read. Genesis 1 is meant to teach one thing and one thing only: That God created everything out of nothing, that he created man in his own image, that man seperated himself from God through disobedience, and that God immediately set about the long - or at least it seems long to us - process of healing that rift, a process which culminated with the death and resurrection of Christ. That is ALL it teaches.

Everything in Genesis is meant to convey that truth, but it is done in the ancient Semitic style of writing, using allegories, fantastic imagery, and all based on traditions that were handed down for centuries. I do not believe there was a serpent, or a tree, or a garden, etc. These are all images & allegories, in a certain style of writing, meant to convey the fundamental truth I stated above. This does not mean it isn't true, but rather a matter of what truth is being conveyed.

So, how long did creation take? Perhaps millions of years. The two extremes to avoid are the rejection of religion in favor of science, and the rejection of good science in favor of a literal 6-day read of creation.

Political Views
    *Survey*
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaCatholic View Post
    With all due respect, the issue is not whether Genesis is "right" or "wrong", but rather the manner in which it should be read. Genesis 1 is meant to teach one thing and one thing only: That God created everything out of nothing, that he created man in his own image, that man seperated himself from God through disobedience, and that God immediately set about the long - or at least it seems long to us - process of healing that rift, a process which culminated with the death and resurrection of Christ. That is ALL it teaches.

Everything in Genesis is meant to convey that truth, but it is done in the ancient Semitic style of writing, using allegories, fantastic imagery, and all based on traditions that were handed down for centuries. I do not believe there was a serpent, or a tree, or a garden, etc. These are all images & allegories, in a certain style of writing, meant to convey the fundamental truth I stated above. This does not mean it isn't true, but rather a matter of what truth is being conveyed.

So, how long did creation take? Perhaps millions of years. The two extremes to avoid are the rejection of religion in favor of science, and the rejection of good science in favor of a literal 6-day read of creation.
    We really don't have any sound science that absolutely refutes the six-day creation. And the more sophisticated science becomes, the more closely in line with the Bible it becomes. People scoff at the Bible, because they don't want to believe in an all-powerful, infinite God.

Jesus is still King!

Political Views
    *Survey*
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hope you didn't construe my post as "scoffing". Its a matter of "intepreting".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast