*Survey*
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

“Women don’t Lie.” ~ Anonymous

Via elephantjournal.com
    on May 9, 2011
    I cannot tell you my name because what I am about to talk about is an ongoing legal matter. I will tell you that I am a feminist. That I fought for the rights of women to be believed. I worked for a rape crisis center in the 80s. I helped organize and participated in Take Back the Night events. I am friends with therapists and activists who have worked tirelessly for the rights of women and children. I was sexually abused as a child, and it defined my life for a number of years.
    Last year a woman, we’ll call her Sarah, accused my son of attempted sexual assault. She said, she thinks he tried to rape her. ...
    Despite no evidence, despite the fact that she is obviously a troubled woman, despite other attempts by her in the past to accuse people of hurting her in some way, despite her own admissions of wanting to sue others still, despite my son’s spotless record and the support of myriad women who have known him for years, the state has chosen to pursue this “case.”

If you think that women don’t lie to get back at men, how naive can you be? Yet we live in a culture of “women don’t lie,” a culture fostered by women’s groups since the 70s. A culture I helped create and support. A philosophy I believed.
    I am now appalled to think that I was one of these women who thought that women don’t lie…and where there smoke there’s always a fire. Despite having raised a beautiful son, I was a sexist. Then I started doing research. There have been studies done since the 80s citing the percentage of rape allegations that are false. Some studies say as high as 60%. People who have been dealing with this for years have tried to tell us that women do lie. But we haven’t wanted to hear.
    I would say that this woman is a mugged liberal. Her son being falsely accused is what it took to think past bumper-sticker-grade slogans and realize what kind of monster she had helped create.

The other side of this coin is that as false accusers get exposed - e.g. Crystal Mangum - their lies will make it harder for women who have been raped to get justice. Playing the Rape card, like playing the Race Card, will shield real rapists (and racists).
    PC Nazi, (Lazy-No-Thought-Pejorative Adjective-of-Choice), and generally scary Bogey-Moderator.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

I support UNexit: Get the US out of the UN; Get the UN out of the US!

Political Views
    *Survey*
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteS in CA View Post
    Via elephantjournal.com
    on May 9, 2011

I would say that this woman is a mugged liberal. Her son being falsely accused is what it took to think past bumper-sticker-grade slogans and realize what kind of monster she had helped create.

The other side of this coin is that as false accusers get exposed - e.g. Crystal Mangum - their lies will make it harder for women who have been raped to get justice. Playing the Rape card, like playing the Race Card, will shield real rapists (and racists).
    The same is true for child abuse accusations.

candygirl is offline Daredevil
    Political Views
    *Survey*
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Both genders have people who lie. False accusations of rape hurt real victims of rape.

Fantasy Chaser is offline King Arthur of Clamalot...
    Political Views
    *Survey*
    Threads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by candygirl View Post
    Both genders have people who lie. False accusations of rape hurt real victims of rape.
    The enemy wants men to concern themselves with what they do. Our business is to keep them thinking about what will happen to them. -- Screwtape
    REAL men don't exploit girls and women. They protect them. -- Me
    Treat a lady like a lady, and treat a tramp like the lady who's inside of her, the lady who God made her to be. -- Me
    Keep the equality of people, and the hierarchy of ideas. -- Dr. Ravi Zacharias
    I don't believe in treatin' girls equal. I believe in lookin' up to 'em. -- Moose Mason
    Mister Sharp. -- Bovril

Michael David Rawlings is offline Senior Operative
    Political Views
    *Survey*
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteS in CA View Post
    You just said a mouthful there. Well said. The bearing of false witness harms everyone, particularly the potential victims of the crime alleged.
    Last edited by Michael David Rawlings; 05-22-2011 at 06:27 PM.
    BLOGS
    http://michaeldavidrawlings1.blogspot.com/
    http://michaeldavidrawlings.blogspot.com/

Teachers are not underpaid by taxpayers; taxpayers are underserved by teachers. —Michael David Rawlings

2cent is offline Senior Operative
    Political Views
    *Survey*
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Not only to false allegations hurt present true rape victims, it puts future rape victims at higher risk, as it leads rapists to believe they won't get caught.
    Law of unintended consequences. What is the MATTER with liberals that they can't EVER think things through to their eventual conclusions?
    "The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie." ~ Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia.

"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
    It is difficult only for the others.
    It is the same when you are stupid." ~ Anonymous

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. ~ Albert Einstein

BlueBelt is offline Senior Operative
    Political Views
    *Survey*
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2cent View Post
    Not only to false allegations hurt present true rape victims, it puts future rape victims at higher risk, as it leads rapists to believe they won't get caught.
    Law of unintended consequences. What is the MATTER with liberals that they can't EVER think things through to their eventual conclusions?
    You can't ask for incredible leaps of logic from them. Start small. Ask them to think just one step further than they do now, and it'd do a world of good. We don't have to get them from "fire = hot" to the automobile. We just need them to stop burning the house down.

Right now, the ends justify the means...and doing something is always better than doing nothing because it means you care. Standing up for any cause is admirable, because it's better than doing nothing (which is how they perceive people simply going to work and taking care of the family).

That's why you can't set the bar too high. Logic isn't something they're used to.

Maylar is offline Connect_Wired
    Political Views
    *Survey*
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    All I'll say is.... there is a big big reason that men's rights issues are starting to pop up. I'm all for equal rights, but I'm convienced feminists don't want equal rights. They have that now. Their pushing for more rights to trump men's rights. Just look at divorce, parenting, rape, domestic violence laws and mens rights, and you'll see a vastly unbalanced legal system where the female gender clearly trumps the males in court. Males are guilty until proven innocent in these cases.
    We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. -Cooper (Interstellar 2014)

Bucks is offline Resisting the Bolsheviks
    Political Views
    *Survey*
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Many years ago I listened to an obvious liberal woman talk show host who normally did not go overboard on feminist issues but the very last time I listened to her show it was about a rape case.

Everyone talked in generalities and one guy brought up the point of how men are automatically presumed guilty before any trial. The talk show host said; "why would a woman lie ?".

Well, why does anyone lie ?

That is when I knew we all were in trouble. Not allowing for the possibility of motive to lie, distorts everything.

"Men have forgotten God; that's why all this has happened" ~People of Russia (and the United States)

It's Official; America is now a Soviet style country, the ruling party owns the majority of media which attacks the ruling party's opposition.

Susanna is offline Cyber Mom
    Political Views
    *Survey*
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maylar View Post
    All I'll say is.... there is a big big reason that men's rights issues are starting to pop up. I'm all for equal rights, but I'm convienced feminists don't want equal rights. They have that now. Their pushing for more rights to trump men's rights. Just look at divorce, parenting, rape, domestic violence laws and mens rights, and you'll see a vastly unbalanced legal system where the female gender clearly trumps the males in court. Males are guilty until proven innocent in these cases.
    You are right; the feminist movement did more harm to both men and women than any kind of good.

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem; they shall prosper that love thee. Psalm 122:6
    Jesus is still King!
    Isn't it funny how so many people think that "science" can do anything and everything, but God (if they even acknowledge His existence) can't do much of anything? - Me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast