10 Celebrities who should be blacklisted by conservatives

Some of these statements are just too stupid to believe.

10 Hollywood Celebrities Who Should Be Blacklisted By Conservatives - John Hawkins - [page]

If you like their Art then enjoy it. The rest tune out.

Agreed!

The only actor I even cared for on that list was Morgan Freeman. Still think he’s a good actor, though.

I always liked John Leguizamo–I saw him in “Arabian Nights” where he played several different characters, most notably the genie in the bottle, and he was excellent. He seems to be a very versatile actor–unfortunately, not a very bright one, though.

If they are making liberal whackjob statements or supporting such things with their money, they I refuse to support their “art” with my time and money only to have it used for such things.

If I boycotted every actor and musician who I might not agree with their personal views on this or that, then I’d never listen to music or watch movies. This kinda stuff has been going on for decades. In 1948 Bogart who was extremley liberal marched on washington against the House Un-American Activities Committee. If you’re left or right, who cares? He’s one of the greatest actors that’s ever graced the screen and if he was a lock stepping righty I’d still enjoy his movies.

If you don’t mind your own money fueling political activity with which you disagree, then you are a person of few principles.

[quote=“Conservative_Libertarian, post:8, topic:38643”]
If you don’t mind your own money fueling political activity with which you disagree, then you are a person of few principles.
[/quote] If I worried about what every dollar I spent was going for then I’d be living in a cabin in the mountains like Ted Kaczynski living on 56 cents a day. There are a businesses that I choose not to give my dollars too, however I’m not going to worry what Johnny Depps opinion on life on Pluto is or whatever. I go to the movies to be entertained. Ya gotta pick your battles, however life’s too short to worry over trivial things like that. You must have a very small movie collection, All Chuck Norris and Clint Eastwood stuff.

Well, personally, I never cared much for Bogart. I still don’t understand the hype about him. I didn’t like Katherine Hepburn, either. There was only one movie in which I thought both of them were good–“The African Queen”. Other than that movie, I never cared for either one of them. Here are some other old time greats I never liked:

Bette Davis, Gene Kelly, Bing Crosby, Clark Gable, Joan Crawford (I only like to watch her movies because she’s such a perfectly awful actress), Vivienne Leigh, the guy with the bulbous nose, Elizabeth Taylor, Mickey Rooney, Lucille Ball, and many more.

So if a liberal didnt like Eastwood’s chair speech would you suggest they dont watch any of his movies?

Most everything in movies and TV are done by liberals, if you only watched stuff made by all conservatives you wouldnt be able to watch anything at all.

[quote=“ClassicalTeacher, post:10, topic:38643”]
Well, personally, I never cared much for Bogart. I still don’t understand the hype about him. I didn’t like Katherine Hepburn, either. There was only one movie in which I thought both of them were good–“The African Queen”. Other than that movie, I never cared for either one of them. Here are some other old time greats I never liked:

Bette Davis, Gene Kelly, Bing Crosby, Clark Gable, Joan Crawford (I only like to watch her movies because she’s such a perfectly awful actress), Vivienne Leigh, the guy with the bulbous nose, Elizabeth Taylor, Mickey Rooney, Lucille Ball, and many more.
[/quote]Jimmy Durante

PULEEEEEEASE these are empty suits with no ability to live in public without a script. I don’t care if they are conservative or liberal, I wouldn’t want them as a next door neighbor.

For one thing, just because it’s impractical to worry about where every dollar goes doesn’t mean we shouldn’t care about it at all; one extreme doesn’t justify the opposite extreme. And some of us do pick this battle. For another, no one rolled over and croaked because they didn’t have a movie collection. Mankind managed to live and find meaning and fulfillment before the invention of film…

[quote=“Fantasy_Chaser, post:14, topic:38643”]
For one thing, just because it’s impractical to worry about where every dollar goes doesn’t mean we shouldn’t care about it at all; one extreme doesn’t justify the opposite extreme. And some of us do pick this battle. For another, **no one rolled over and croaked because they didn’t have a movie collection. **Mankind managed to live and find meaning and fulfillment before the invention of film…
[/quote] Without my film library, record collection or guitars I might as well.

Entertainment is entertainment no matter its form.

[quote=“ClassicalTeacher, post:10, topic:38643”]

[/quote] Oh wow. The Treasure of the Sierra Madre? Key Largo? High Sierra? The Painted Desert? The Roaring 20s? He played some killer hard boiled roles, right along with Cagney. Just perfect.

It’s their choice not to watch his movies. When I became more aware of what celebrities were doing with their money, it affected my support of their product. It’s just lie any other company/product. If you don’t like what they support with the profits made from customers, don’t be a customer.

So what people do with their personal money is more important than the product in business decisions? and to my point earlier even if you are watching a conservative movie star, most of your money still goes to liberals. From the co-stars to the director, to the writers, to the unionized manual labor behind the scenes.

I don’t know. Just never got very excited about him. Love Cagney, though. I thought his “Yankee Doodle Dandy” dance and song were the best I’ve ever seen. He was a better dancer than Fred Astaire, Gene Kelly, and Ginger Rogers all put together. Amazing man, to say the least! I think it might be a sin to put Cagney and Bogie in the same sentence… :cool: