13 GOP weasles vote for Biden's "infrastructure" bill

Republicans Bail Out Biden and Pelosi to Pass $1.2 Trillion So-Called Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/11/05/republicans-bail-out-biden-and-pelosi-to-pass-1-2-trillion-so-called-bipartisan-infrastructure-bill/

The rogues’ gallery:

Katko, Bacon, Van Drew, Young, Upton, Kinzinger, Gonzales, Reed, Smith, Garbarino, Malliatokis, Fitzpatrick.

1 Like

If those 13 are “weasels” does that make the 6 Dems who voted against it “heroes” or something like that?

Good question. IDK. They mey be from vulnerable districts that Trump one or maybe they think that a 4000 page bill no one has read isn’t a good idea.

1 Like

It’s actually the latter, they wanted more info on the bill and forecasts for how the policies would shape the country long term

Actually they didn’t want a stand alone bill. They wanted it tied to the bigger spending bill.

1 Like

You’re right, my mistake. I misread. It’s supposedly something about the bills being stronger if they were passed as one. I don’t really understand, but I’ll have to look into it more.

The idea is that the infrastructure bill is attractive to a number of Republicans and has a good chance of passing. The $1.7 trillion bill is very unattractive to Republicans and a comparatively small number of Democrats, like Mansion, who want changes to it. Pelosi’s strategy has been that she ties the two together. Pelosi won’t allow the infrastructure bill pass without the $1.7 trillion monstrosity.

It’s her usual perverted way of trashing meaningful debate and the legislative process. Add to that to strategy of pushing gigantic spending bills so fast that no one has had a chance to read and analyze it. “You’ll have to pass the bill to find out what’s in it,” she has famously quipped.

This is one of the reasons why I dislike this woman, and why I think that she is fundamentally evil. @Gene.

No, nothing like that. The Democrat party is the enemy of America.

They have been getting shishkabobbed all over Twitter.