13 reported dead in Brussels Bombing.

Two blasts tore through the departures area of Zaventem airport shortly after 08:00 local time (07:00 GMT).

An hour later, an explosion hit Maelbeek metro station, close to the EU institutions. The airport and whole transport system have been closed.
The attacks come four days after Salah Abdeslam, the main fugitive in the Paris attacks, was seized in Brussels.

The Belgian government says there have been casualties at the airport but has given no numbers. The cause of the explosions has not been confirmed.

Belgium has now raised its terror threat to its highest level. Prime Minister Charles Michel tweeted: “For the moment, we are asking people to stay where they are.”

[@BBC News

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc160/AlaskaSlim/_88891444_bombthree_zpsmd5ie4eg.png](http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35869254)

Those Christians again I bet!

Well, the United States under Obama,Clinton and Kerry has not led and the West, including the United States, has stood around playing social worker and preaching moral equivalence, multiculturalism using the language of political correctness as radical Islamic terrorist groups, such as ISIS, have formed and metastasize and have been allowed to distribute their virulent cells throughout the “civilized” world.

We should not be surprised at the results.

As I write this, the body count in Brussels has now climbed to 28 dead - with the count to increase, no doubt.

Thanks in part to open borders the terrorists have now embedded themselves in various neighborhoods throughout the world - they have surrounded themselves with innocent people - and you can bet some of those neighborhoods are in the United States.

Our feckless, dithering and limp-wristed response to the obvious/predictable threat posed by these groups, along with the refusal by the West to treat these atrocities as acts of WAR rather than simply crime have all conspired to produce/allow the acts of war by radical Islam we are witnessing with increasing frequency. Hell, the West/United States can’t even bring itself to identify the threat as radical Islam.

We have waited and watched this deadly virulence develop and gain strength. At one time it was relatively contained and would have been easier to destroy. Sadly, that is no longer the case.

Stemming the threats will now require the use of a chain saw when at one time a scalpel would have worked quite nicely. There are going to be a lot of people killed - unfortunately, many will be innocent.

It’s a little late, but we and other nations in the West could begin doing what should have been done long ago - CONTROL THE BORDERS - If we don’t KNOW who you are, you do NOT COME IN!!

? This was never the case. The attacks from pan-Islamists began anew in the 1970s, and have steadily grown since. We’re combating an idea here, one not pushed simply by plutocrats, but by the rank & file from the Middle East, and the Zealots in other places. And ideas, are not things contained simply through force of arms. It’s a foolish sentiment.

[quote=“MDMikeB, post:3, topic:48492”]
It’s a little late, but we and other nations in the West could begin doing what should have been done long ago - CONTROL THE BORDERS - If we don’t KNOW who you are, you do NOT COME IN!!
[/quote]Belgium not only doesn’t control their borders, they literally offer welfare and housing to foreigners who wander over there, and never ask them to leave. It’s actually a wonder that the problem isn’t worse than it is.

There’s also this little fun fact

A peculiar aspect of the Belgian Muslim community is the presence of government-paid Imams and teachers. **The Belgian government employs over 800 Imams and teachers who teach Islam and Arabic in schools **and lead prayers in mosques recognized by the government.

Apparently, some Belgian Muslims refuse to look for jobs since the welfare check is normally 70% to 80% of their income.

I find it interesting that “good Muslims” in Belgium are worried that mortgages may not be halal, and we see intense debates on the subject. But I also have noticed that there is absolutely no debate about the permissibility of taking welfare money from governments whose policies are deeply intertwined with interest-based economics. Indeed, often welfare is paid through public financing based on interest-based transactions.

Slim - you’re correct. We have been spectators to the rise of radicalism in the Middle East for decades.

But, Slim - being a Stanford grad I have been able to ascertain over the years that IDEAS are carried and promoted by PEOPLE. (sarc)

As a medical doctor I have also been able to ascertain that not only do people die as part of a natural course of events, but that they often expire due to traumatic events - such as blunt force trauma and being exposed to the rapid and dramatic expansion of air pressure, often accompanied by heat generated as a result of friction between molecules of particulate matter - both atomic and sub-atomic.

Until the "rank and file’, as you call them, fear the consequences of aiding and abetting radical Islamists more than they do the radical Islamists themselves and decide to help combat these bastards we will continue along the path we are on - and it will get worse. Radical Islamists CANNOT be reasoned with.

Let’s face it, radical Islamists are just getting started. Taking out power grids, destroying computerized business/economic systems and MUCH LARGER bombing attacks are coming.

The time for Obama and European leaders to have as their response to actions like those in Brussels this morning the counseling of their citizens against “Islamaphobia” has long since past. Treating these acts as criminal activity and allowing these wartime combatants/killers to lawyer up, thus largely eliminating the possibility of gathering intel, is shear insanity.

And, as all this madness unfolds this morning, Barack Obama is in Cuba adding to his legacy which amounts to 8 years of verbal masturbation - this time in front of Raul Castro.

Slim - in summation, you see us as helpless. I do not.

A littler perspective is in order.

1. This didn’t happen in America. For whatever reason (poor planning, good counter-intel, whatever), Belgium and Paris-style terrorist attacks are extremely rare here. The last one we had was San Bernadino. The one before that was Boston. You’re far more likely to get killed by a white non-Muslism American nutjob than an Arab Muslim terrorist (Aurora theater shooting, Sandy Hook shooting, practically any night on the streets of Chicago’s inner city).

2. While this dominated the news, America’s Heroin/painkiller OD epidemic continues to quietly devastate communities. Over 100 Americans a day OD on drugs, most of them painkiller meds and Heroin (30,000 deaths in 2014).

No; that pretends that force of arms is the best or the only recourse. You can counteract popular movements, but it requires guile and subtly on our part.

The Israelis are themselves experts at this; they’ve dismantled Palestinian “brigades” from within all the time. Same to the Brits in how they handled the IRA.

It requires fighting cultural warfare; disempowering the image these attackers present themselves as fulfilling. Find things out about them, air their dirty laundry, demonstrate how though they might have killed people, how otherwise their efforts were ineffectual.

Make them out to be hypocrites, and a joke, and people stop imitating them.

This is true, but you’re not completely upfront about the attacks we’ve experienced in the interim.

You have the Chattanooga shooter, the Seattle Shooter in 2014, and you have the May 2015 Garland, Texas shooting.

The last one we had was San Bernadino. The one before that was Boston. You’re far more likely to get killed by a white non-Muslism American nutjob than an Arab Muslim terrorist

Well now you’ve moved over a category. Before we were in a mix of mass shooters and terrorists, which are both rare. If we’re just talking about shootings, then no; violence & murder is disproportionately committed by minorities; likely because people who lean towards committing crimes in the first place are somehow disenfranchised, and those outside the “mainstream” are more likely to be just that.

(Aurora theater shooting, Sandy Hook shooting, practically any night on the streets of Chicago’s inner city).

Not by Caucasians though, that’s a ringer.

1. While this dominated the news, America’s Heroin/painkiller OD epidemic continues to quietly devastate communities. Over 100 Americans a day OD on drugs, most of them painkiller meds and Heroin (30,000 deaths in 2014).

I don’t deny that other things we should be focusing get a disproportionate amount of the spotlight; but to be fair, these deaths don’t disrupt the lives of anyone outside their own social spheres.

Terrorism by design disrupts lives on scale meat to provoke changes within the society it is targeting. Even if you had nothing to do with those who died, your life will be affected.

No. You can’t “reason” with Islamists nor with their supporters because their reasoning ability was turned off early in their lives. All you can do is kill them, which is why I agree with Cruz’s warning to Jihadis that “We aren’t coming to negotiate with you. We’re coming to kill you!”

One does not negotiate with rabid dogs

[quote=“DHLiberal, post:7, topic:48492”]
You’re far more likely to get killed by a white non-Muslism American nutjob than an Arab Muslim terrorist (Aurora theater shooting, Sandy Hook shooting, practically any night on the streets of Chicago’s inner city).
[/quote]Difference between absolute and relative. Muslims make up %0.3 of the US population, but about %15 of our terrorist attacks resulting in multiple deaths. Which is a 20-1 ratio. Luckily, we don’t have a %20 Muslim population, unlike Belgium.

Muslims are 1% of the population. A new estimate of the U.S. Muslim population | Pew Research Center

And just out curiosity, has there even been a Muslim serial killer convicted in the U.S.?

Oh, yay. So we have 3 million of them?
Let’s bring more of them over here!

Don’t get me wrong. While I’m not for an outright ban on Musmlims, I am very much for “enhanced scrutiny of Muslim men in certain age ranges”. Since we’re the ones letting them come into the country, it’s on them to prove they aren’t a potential Jihadist. Maybe a Muslim immigrant proves this by showing he’s a doctor, has a family, has no ties to any Jihadist groups, and gives us access to his social media accounts.

The “come one, come all” immigration attitude of Europe is having disastrous effects, and should make my side (Democrats) rethink their opposition to not doing border security without settling the ilegal immigrant question. Border security needs to happen NOW. THEN we can talk about the 12+million illegals here.

I’m not talking about “Reasoning” I’m talking about discrediting them, and make them out to be hypocrites. The Brits did that the IRA, the Israelis do this to the Palestinians; it’s a tactic with a proven track record against terrorists.

Yes… we’ve had serial cop killers who were Muslim.

I feel like the IRA and the Palestinians both have positions that they have learned themselves. Extremist Islamic terrorists do not; their parents and culture brought them up in a religion that seems to be predisposed to violence without any alternative. You can’t reason someone out of a position they didn’t reason themselves into.

True. And let’s not forget Major Hassan. Needs to be hanged with a rope woven of pig skins and buried in a dog cemetery.

Tsarnaev???