15-Year-Old Honors Student Who Performed at Obama’s Inauguration (Gunned Down)

Full Title: Tragedy: 15-Year-Old Honors Student Who Performed at Obama’s Inauguration Gunned Down in Chicago

A 15-year-old honors student from Chicago who just got back from performing at President Obama’s inauguration has been shot dead by thugs in a local park, police say.

King College Prep sophomore Hadiya Pendleton was a majorette and a volleyball star, her friends add, who was part of a band and drill team that played for President Obama.

Hadiya Pendleton was among approximately a dozen teens taking cover from the rain in a local park at 2:30 p.m. when a gunman jumped a fence and opened fire, according to reports. Pendleton and other King College Prep students had been dismissed from school early due to exams.

The gunshots sent the entire group running out of the park in a panic, authorities say. Pendleton and a 16-year-old boy were both hit and collapsed about one block away.

Pendleton was shot once in the back and later died at the University of Chicago Comer Children’s Hospital. The wounded boy was in serious condition Tuesday night, according to the Chicago Tribune. [Emphasis added]

Tragedy: 15-Year-Old Honors Student Who Performed at Obama’s Inauguration Gunned Down in Chicago | TheBlaze.com

Can’t possibly be true though … Chicago is a “gun free zone"!?

RIP.

It was a bunch of children huddled in a rain shelter. No one saw the punk with the gun coming and happened in a split second. But heck if one of the teens in the group would of packing some heat then maybe they could of fired back. More guns for everyone!

Nice. Turn a tragic story about an innocent girl being gunned down by someone who obviously doesn’t follow the current laws into a statement for more gun laws for him to ignore.

Poor girl. This is a perfect example of why gun laws do not work. Chicago is the strictest on guns in the country yet have the highest gun murder rate in the country.

I’m not turning anything into anything. This tragedy highlights an earlier point. I made that law abiding citizens packing heat on the streets can do very little to curb the types of gun crimes we are having here.

How do you know? You can’t possibly know that someone there with a CC permit wouldn’t have stopped this crime. Just as I can’t know that it would. I hate to break it to you Uri Geller but your psychic powers are pretty bad or you would have seen this reply coming.

Ya’ know where the guns are coming from that these lowlife bangers are using in these murders? They are bought legally at out of state gun stores by paid mules who bring the guns back to the gangs.

Which is also illegal. Current laws do not stop these people, what makes you think more will make any difference.

I’n just guessing here … Eric Holder?:beerchug:

[quote=“tperkins, post:8, topic:38016”]
How do you know? You can’t possibly know that someone there with a CC permit wouldn’t have stopped this crime. Just as I can’t know that it would. I hate to break it to you Uri Geller but your psychic powers are pretty bad or you would have seen this reply coming.
[/quote] Someone breaks into your house a gun is a great thing to have! These gang ambushes are lightning fast with hardly anyone around where no one is even sure who the shooter is. So by the time you pulled your pistol, the shooter would have already hit someone and chances are you wouldn’t know who you were supposed to be shooting back at!

Maybe they would be a bit more discrete in public if they didn’t know who among the bystanders could defend themselves? What if situations cut both ways bubba. Again, you can’t know. We do know that criminals ignore the current laws and have since the first laws were placed on the books. More will not change a thing.

Seriously?

Yeah and Chicagos gun ban did wonders in this situation didn’t it? I guess you want me shell out a few dollars to her family to for a criminal not following the law also?

[quote=“tperkins, post:13, topic:38016”]
Maybe they would be a bit more discrete in public if they didn’t know who among the bystanders could defend themselves? What if situations cut both ways bubba. Again, you can’t know. We do know that criminals ignore the current laws and have since the first laws were placed on the books. More will not change a thing.
[/quote] What makes you think that these bangers who look at life like yesterdays lunch would give a rats ass about who’s carrying a gun or not? They welcome getting shot at because it helps build their “street cred” They care about their own lives as much as yours. Hell they don’t even know what century it is.

What makes you think these bangers who look at life like yesterdays lunch would give a rats rump your new and tougher laws?

Strictest that you can get in Chicago in terms of guns is Police going house to house searching without warrants.

1. And of course there couldn’t possibly have been an adult around…
  1. Hardly lightning fast. They’re as human as anyone. Military experts will tell you that an ambush with FULL AUTO assault rifles usually leaves at least one target unscathed. If it was just one punk with a handgun, much worse for him.
  2. How do you figure? One shooter, one source of gunshot noise, and if it was hit-and-run, the guy running from the scene would be vulnerable to detection.

They know good and well that their street rep isn’t worth dog crap if they’re pushing up daisies. I don’t buy that they don’t care about their own lives. Otherwise, they would commit suicide.

Wel-l-l-l … No!:confused:

Has tongue-n-cheek seriously … passed you by?