2nd Amendment Good News...Feinstein Assault Weapon Ban is DEAD.

Can’t even get it passed in the Senate as the Dems up for election won’t support it either!
"“Dianne has worked so hard on this,”** Reid said,** referring to the ban’s sponsor, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.). “She understands going back to the day she found the mayor dead in his office. I know that, but right now her amendment, using the most optimistic numbers, has less than 40 votes. That’s not 60. I have to get something on the floor so we can have votes on that issue and the other issues.”

Expect them to pass some feel good stuff on buyer checks and 3rd party purchasers…and nothing on Assault weapons or magazines.
A good day…:slayer:

I understand Sen. Reid’s mention of needing 60 votes - he anticipates needing to break a filibuster. But that he anticipates DiFei’s amendment/bill getting just 40 votes means it would not get a simple majority of votes in a Senate in which Ds are the majority and several Rs are RINOs or double-minded semi-RINOs. DiFei has stated her plan to introduce her Ban-Of-Things-That-Look-Scary-To-Me bill independently. Hopefully it a gesture so empty that it torpedoes the bill Reid does plan to move forward, though I’m afraid it may have some RINOs and double-minded semi-RINOs compromising the US Constitution’s Second Amendment and pass in the Senate.

But for now, good riddance to DiFei’s phony Ban-Of-Things-That-Look-Scary-To-Me bill!

I understand that the amendment-to-the-original-bill is the trick she’s going to try to forward her ban.

Yep, that’s my understanding also.

I think the over the top AWB is a ploy to get a seemingly less federal registration under the pretense of a universal background check.
A government cannot disarm its population without knowing who has what and where the firearms are.

I am all for assault weapons in the hands of law abiding citizens by the hundreds of millions. Hopefully most with high powered scopes.
A government always knowing this…will never be able to subjugate its people. At the same time there needs to be a rigorous public relations program on securing these weapons to keep them out of the hands of thieves and mentally incompetent individuals.

It’s comforting to know that Harry can even count.

Too bad Biden can’t…