$5 a gal for Gas?

The former president of Shell Oil, John Hofmeister, says Americans could be paying $5 for a gallon of gasoline by 2012.
In an interview with Platt’s Energy Week television, Hofmeister predicted gasoline prices will spike as the global demand for oil increases.

<!-- REAP --><!–startclickprintexclude–>

“I’m predicting actually the worst outcome over the next two years which takes us to 2012 with higher gasoline prices,” he said.

$5 for a gallon of gasoline in 2012 - Dec. 27, 2010

With Obama’s policy of increasing dependence on others for our energy this scenario is very likely.

I hear talk of alternative energy and at the same time efforts to kill the construction of the same by environmentalists and the government.

If this nation does not stop this effort to create cap and trade and to hobble the energy producers by direct decree with Obama and the government agencies such as the EPA and others, this country will soon join the ranks of the third world with citizens not be able to live except in povery…

I have already seen higher unemployment and industries shut down and losing jobs.

As for the president in between golf and parties he paints a picture of a recovering nation.

The national average price of gasoline is over $3 a gallon for the first time since 2008.

Everybody is blaming Obama…oops, no body is blaming Obama, but IF Bush was president, the media would be full of Bush bashing for $3.00 gasoline.

Yeasterday, a barrel of oil was over $91.00, and predictions are for $100.00 / barrel in 2011.

[quote=“Bucks, post:2, topic:28719”]

The national average price of gasoline is over $3 a gallon for the first time since 2008.

Everybody is blaming Obama…oops, no body is blaming Obama, but IF Bush was president, the media would be full of Bush bashing for $3.00 gasoline.

Yeasterday, a barrel of oil was over $91.00, and predictions are for $100.00 / barrel in 2011.

[/quote]Why I read the other day a Gallup poll that said Obama is still the most popular president. I just love the spin from that outfit

I was hearing about this on the radio today. A different guy said yeah, we’re headed for $5 a gallon gas, but more like in a decade than a couple of years.

Yea, people don’t seem to understand just how much gas prices can destroy an already fragile family buget. A few years ago you could fill up your car for 20 bucks, now, it took 65 dollars to fill up my Ford Ranger yesterday. That’s at 3.25 a gallon. Rural people will be breaking the bank just going to work.
I wanted to visit my folks over the Christmas Holiday, but we figured it would cost well over 200 dollars, just in gas. Toss that idea.
Now, look at our everyday necessities. Anything made of plastic, about everything, uses petroleum in it’s manufacturing. Transportation of even groceries, the trucks, trains, Grocery stores heating, we will pay those bills.
It will be a very ugly picture, sooner than later.

Let’s see… Obama stops drilling, burns through stockpiles, increases taxes said “Under my plan energy prices will naturally skyrocket”. This can lead us to only one conclusion, it’s Bush’s fault.

I will gladly pay $5.00 a gallon by Nov. 2012. This will mean we will have a new Pres.

Gas here in the UK (UK gallon = 4.55L) = £1.24 which amounts to £5.64 or $8.80 per uk gallon

Or (US gallon = 3.79L) = £4.69 or $7.32 per US gallon

And gas is due to rise a further 5% on Tuesday 4th Jan

I understand that your tax structure is somewhat different, and a higher proportion of your taxs for maintaining roads and bridges goes into your gas tax.

[quote=“tperkins2009, post:6, topic:28719”]
Let’s see… Obama stops drilling, burns through stockpiles, increases taxes said “Under my plan energy prices will naturally skyrocket”. This can lead us to only one conclusion, it’s Bush’s fault.
[/quote]Of course it is Bush’s fault, I was reading some article yesterday and several of the comments talked about how Bush raised the debt but failed completely to add Obama to raising the debt more than any other president, then there was the usual you must be racists for not wanting to kiss Obama’s backside-----

No FC, we pay a seperate “Road Fund Licence” for road maintenance which you will see as a “Tax Disc” on the windshield of all British cars. This is based on the cc of your engine and CO2 emissions i.e. a V6 Diesil fuel, will cost more to tax than a V6 unleaded petrol engine with cat convertor. I just paid the road fund licence for 12 months on my wife’s car (1.3L petrol, Ford Fiesta) and that was £115 ($468) PLUS! I have to pay £40 for an M.O.T. (Ministry of Transport certificate to say the vehicle is safe and legal) and whatever the cost of insurance is (based on how long you have held a driving licence and how or if you have had any accidents in the previous 3 years).

So, the cost of driving in the UK is:

£40 MOT
£115 Road Tax (bigger vehicles pay more road tax)
£220 Insurance (currently my wife’s)
Total £375 ($585) just to have a car on the road

Now you have to fill it with gas!

Yea, I’ve often wondered how your able to even drive in the UK. You figure here in WV it averages $50.00 a fill up. Couple of tanks of gas and people are living pay day to pay day after other bills are paid. Doesn’t leave a lot of disposable income for recreation or retail spending.

[quote=“ironhorsedriver, post:12, topic:28719”]
Yea, I’ve often wondered how your able to even drive in the UK. You figure here in WV it averages $50.00 a fill up. Couple of tanks of gas and people are living pay day to pay day after other bills are paid. Doesn’t leave a lot of disposable income for recreation or retail spending.
[/quote]No discretionary spending at all unless one has the resources of the government to draw on so you can have continuous parties and vacations.

Funny thing I saw another liberal the other day who claimed Bush took vacations more often than Obozo has.

Crud, didn’t know it was that messed up.

So, there are NO taxes in the price of gas in the UK ??? :eek:

That is one way to look at it…

:howler: