8 Ways Blacks Perpetuate Racism and the Only Way to Thwart It

8 Ways Blacks Perpetuate Racism and the Only Way to Thwart It
by Walter Hudson
PJMedia.com/lifestyle
2013/01/21

All things considered, blacks and the civil rights culture surrounding them are the most open and prolific purveyors of racism in America. This is an ironic travesty which spits upon the graves of history’s abolitionists and offends all who are committed to a dream of equality under the law and goodwill among men.

Surely, such a claim is provocative. Unfortunately, it is also demonstrable.

The tolerance of racist ideas openly expressed by blacks and the larger civil rights establishment is informed by sloppy thinking regarding both race and the role of government in society. True reconciliation requires confronting these ideas with reason. Here are eight ways in which blacks are perpetuating racism, and the one true way to effectively thwart it.

8) Seeking Racial “Purity”

Individuals or groups who seek racial “purity” are properly condemned as bigots — if they are white. Non-whites are routinely given a pass, and in some cases encouraged to “preserve their culture” through sexual segregation.

Morgan Freeman laments President Obama’s “white mama” and cites her as evidence that Obama is not truly black. This raises a few questions, the first of which is: what is “black”?

7) Cultural Segregation

Perhaps the most objective metric supporting the claim that blacks prolifically purvey racism is the astounding number of organizations which openly segregate. There are names we have all come to know, from the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People to Black Entertainment Television. And there are many others which are lesser known. Consider this list from one of many similar ones available on the web:

Surely, blacks are not the only demographic group which chooses to associate together, and there is certainly nothing wrong with free association. The problem is the double standard. Substitute white for black in any of the above and you would have theatrical public outcry and claims of civil rights violations.

6) Collective Responsibility

Comedian Chris Rock took this past Fourth of July as an opportunity to pimp antiquated racial hatreds. He tweeted:

[quote]Happy white peoples independence day the slaves weren’t free but I’m sure they enjoyed fireworks (sic)

Rock, of course, leads a life of distinguished privilege among the entertainment industry’s brightest stars. He has never lived in chains as the property of another human being. Nor has anyone he knows. Nor has any American in several generations. That the philosophical bias of emancipation was enshrined in the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776 is as elusive to Chris Rock as the fact that the men who signed it were not made free by the stroke of a pen. Ideas proceed actions, and the process of crafting government which regards all men as equal under the law continues even today.

Nevertheless, Rock feels justified feigning indigence at a crime to which neither he nor any person alive was a party. How is that possible? He subscribes to and relies upon an irrational sense of collective responsibility.

He is black. The slaves were black. So he is as a slave.

There exist whites. Slave masters were white. So whites are as slave masters.[/quote]
Emphasis in original. This article is, IMO, a must-read. I’m sure it was received (it’s a year old) in some circles with what might be an aspect of #6, the author was denigrated as (variously) an “Uncle Tom”, a “Race Traitor”. Hudson’s solution is “simple”, so much so that one might not notice it as being what he sees as the solution. The words are simple (and true); doing the words maybe among the hardest tasks “out there”. Hudson’s solution requires changing the hearts of 10s of millions of people, and will take multiple generations.

I try to stay out of discussions like this. Since I am from an established Southern Family, by the grace of God by the way, I am automatically a racist by heritage and association.

Some of my ancestors were enslaved by the Romans. Romans were Italians, so all Italians are slavemasters. I want my reparations.

Racism is something that eludes me as well. My family is Mexican and Black with a little Irish mixed in. Thing is that my black side of my family is from India. That side of my family migrated to India a long time ago then came to America with a British family we were in service to willingly. The problem with most blacks is that they all think they were slaves as did some of my family until my great grandfather sat them right. When it all comes down to it we all bleed red.

Well said, Seravee.
There isn’t going to be any fixing racism because enough people don’t want to fix it. The so-called “civil rights” pimps will keep perpetuating the nonsense because if it ever went away, they’d be out of a job, and off the front page.
They can’t handle that notion.

The complementary side of Sera’s family can be seen in mine. Two of my grandparents came to the US from Russia in 1904, their recent ancestors having moved from Germany to Russia in the 18th Century. A 3rd grandparent came to the US in the late 19th Century, from Germany. And my 4th grandarent came to CA from OH (a Free state), her family having fought for the Union. Yet the whites = slave owners mentality ignores the numerous “whites” who could say much the same.

Stupid thought … there were blacks and Native Americans who owned slaves. Have the race baiters gotten around yet to tracking down and shaming their descedants, especially the black race-traitors who had owned other blacks?

African black on black slavery in ancient times was pretty different then the commercial commodity slave trading that happened.

Slavery is slavery no matter who is in charge.

Agreed. But the difference was that they were treated much better when it was african on African in pre-European introduction times

Source? Not being hostile but I have never looked much into the quality of living as a African on African slave.

Many slave owners treated their slaves well. That does not excuse slavery in any case. In fact, the “Simon Legree” slave owner was probably relatively rare. But he’s the type we hear about. Often, household slaves were treated almost like members of the family. Notice the “almost” - they were still “owned” by other human beings. And most of the blacks who came to this country as slaves were originally sold to the slave traders by their own black countrymen. So much for them being treated better.

I heard on the radio several weeks ago about a black man - fairly well known, I think, but I can’t remember his name - who was doing some genealogical research and found that he had an ancestor who owned 200 acres in Virginia - before the Civil War.

I think the whole notion of blacks were so mistreated is a bit fairytailish. M family was treated very well. Now they weren’t slaves but they wern’t looked down upon either by the family that they served. Heck in the end we ended up adopting a variant of their surname. They were the Woodwards and we are the Woodards.

If you would kindly read my post correctly, I said “pre-European introduction” and “before the slave trade commodity”

African on African slavery was usually captured prisoners of war who were not owned by their captors and were released after a certain amount of time of service.

Much like indentured servants or jail time.

Yeah, no problem. It’s been in a few books I’ve read but I’ll find some online. Give me a bit.

This is a really well known historian of Africa. He’s basically arguing that the so called ‘slavery’ in Africa was actually more feudalism-esque. Anyways, here’s the link… (Also, it was published a while back)

And…

Most black slaves took the last name of their last owner when they were freed. I remember reading a bit about George Washington Carver years ago - his last owners were people named Carver, and he was generally referred to as “Carver’s George.” When he was freed, the lady of the house said, “You’re not Carver’s George any more; you’re George Carver.” He added the Washington later himself. I believe he was quite young when he was freed.

We had a lastname at the time(its spelling eludes me). We took their last name after nearly 60 years of willing service and believe it or not at their request.

If it were me then I would have kept my old last name

[quote=“BullsOnParade, post:7, topic:37919”]
African black on black slavery in ancient times was pretty different then the commercial commodity slave trading that happened.
[/quote]And the fact that there’s a “kinder and gentler” form of slavery makes certain kinds of slavery less onerous than others? IOW, there’s a “good” slavery and then a “not so good” slavery?

I know that’s not what you’re saying, or at least I don’t think that’s what you’re saying, but that kind of statement leads to that kind of flawed reasoning and justification of slavery.

[quote=“BullsOnParade, post:13, topic:37919”]
African on African slavery was usually captured prisoners of war who were not owned by their captors and were released after a certain amount of time of service.
[/quote]Nevertheless, for the time they were held, they were held INVOLUNTARILY, “much like” US slavery. And some were so abused by the community that they died, even worse than US slavery.

In any case, as someone in this thread said, slavery is slavery, PERIOD! Attempts to portray certain kinds of slavery as better than others, is flawed.

[quote=“BullsOnParade, post:13, topic:37919”]
Much like indentured servants or jail time.
[/quote]I believe indentured servitude was either voluntary or debt bondage labor in colonial times. (The debt being incurred was transport across the ocean, to include quarters on the ship, food provided, and general transportation costs. It was a way for people that couldn’t afford passage to make it across the ocean anyway.) The circumstances of indentured servitude could hardly be called slavery, let alone “African on African” type slavery.

As far as jail time, rights of freedom are removed for breaking the law, hardly the definition of slavery . . . ANY kind.