94,333,000 Not In Labor Force; Labor Force Participation 62.8%

94,333,000 Americans were not in the labor force in July, a slightly better showing than June’s 94,517,000; and the labor force participation rate improved slightly, increasing a tenth of a point to 62.8 percent from June’s 62.7 percent, the Labor Department’s Bureau of Labor Statistics reorted on Friday.
In September 2015, the labor force participation rate dropped to 62.4 percent, its lowest point since 1977. The best it’s been since Barack Obama took office is 65.8 percent in February 2009, the month after Obama was sworn in amid a recession.

94,333,000 Not In Labor Force; Labor Force Participation 62.8%

Yet we are supposed to believe that unemployment is a little over 4%

**Yet we are supposed to believe that unemployment is a little over 4% **
Those aren’t just statistics but government statistics. Statistics by their very nature are generally not accurate. Government statistics if properly published should be in books with nursery rhymes & children’s stories.

[quote=“Old_Tex, post:2, topic:49250”]
**Yet we are supposed to believe that unemployment is a little over 4% **
Those aren’t just statistics but government statistics. Statistics by their very nature are generally not accurate. Government statistics if properly published should be in books with nursery rhymes & children’s stories.
[/quote] We have 94 and 1/3rd million people out of work and we have a population of 320 million. Sorry, but that’s nearly 1/3rd of the population not in the workforce. Even accounting for children too young to work, that number is MUCH higher than “4%”.

Its the U6 rate that is important and IIRC its a 9.7%, almost double.

IF the UE rate was <5% I assure you companies would be kidnapping people as they walked down the street. In my field of IT I still have friends that are working. One just got a job as a Project Mgr after being out of work for almost a year and they are making less money today than they did 10 years ago as a PM, in fact I was making more in the late 80’s than they are today,