A Great Opportunity (Software)

I don’t normally post ‘stuff’ like this but I thought that anyone who likes to install software to try out as much and as often as I do might find this to be a useful tool for your collection.
(Also Mac Friendly)

I have a great need for a good uninstaller because some software just doesn’t deliver on the developers promises!

Windows uninstaller (Windows PC’s) has a bad habit of leaving ‘traces’ of uninstalled software behind so it isn’t all that effective.

I have used just about every uninstaller I could find including the free and pro versions.

The best, up until today was Revo Pro.

Well, I have found a better one!

This uninstaller does a Lot:

Features:

• Search for traces (residues) of the program being uninstalled
  • Universal Windows Apps Removal
  • Built-in program rating
  • Automatic backups
  • Remove multiple programs at once
  • Export the list of installed programs to HTML
  • Sorting and grouping of the list
  • Program quick search function
  • Built-in automatic update mechanism
  • Check for new versions

Pro-version features: (Which is today’s giveaway)

• PRO Search for leftovers of the already uninstalled programs
  • PRO Tracked installation of programs
  • PRO “Silent” program installation
  • PRO New versions installation

I have run it and compared it to Revo Pro and … It’s better!

This is being offered on Giveawayoftheday’s website but you must install it by 4am (est)

Unlike a lot of the Giveaway software, you don’t have to go through the ‘contortions’ such as registering with an email or posting their (software’s) ad/site to facebook first!

Just download and you’re done!

I Know, I sound like I work for the software company, I don’t.

I just like software that does what it says it will do and this does!

Forget paying for Revo Uninstaller Pro.

Get this one for free Today!

https://www.giveawayoftheday.com/soft-organizer-pro/

Went to your link and didn’t see an offering for android.

Revo has an android version and I have it (for my Samsung Galaxy tablet).

While I’m satisfied with Revo for android, I’d like to try this one.

Will look for it in the Google Play Store, but do you know if and where there’s an android version of this?

I’m sorry Bob but to be honest, I don’t know anything about pc’s other than how to turn them on and off! 8(
(Never had anything but windows)

I don’t even know if there is a difference between a Mac and an Android?

I only use Windows in a virtual machine running on my Linux host machine. But I’m impressed with the Chocolatey package manager.

All distros of Linux have a package manager which lists, installs, upgrades and uninstalls software on your machine. Windows is much different since it doesn’t have a central repository with mirrors. But Chocolatey pulls each package (installable program) from its own distribution site. And it boasts 5842 packages.

I haven’t paid enough attention to know how good the uninstaller is, but it organizes installation differently than the package would by itself, so I suspect it does a more controlled and better job uninstalling them.

I’m a little confused.

I also run Linux (Ubuntu) on my LAPTOP, with Windows in a virtual machine (kool config BTW).

It’s not clear to me if your talking about this uninstaller as made for Linux (wasn’t aware Linux needed one beyond Synaptic or command line argument) or Windows.

What’s confusing me is that you’re talking about “packages”, which typically is terminology that applies to Linux (e.g. debs or binaries expanded with tars). Windows installation programs are typically .exe’s and NOT called “packages”.

If you’re talking about some kind of uninstaller for Linux (again, wasn’t aware Linux needed one), then why mention your virtual machine?

Chocolatey is strictly for Windows. But it brings Linux-like capability to Windows. The “packages” are really just little scripts that fetch the installation .exe or .msi file from the specific developer’s distribution site and installs it.

Instead of searching for the firefox site, browsing to it, downloading the installation file and finally installing, you can just type:

choco install firefox

If you change your mind:

choco uninstall firefox

See, it’s that last part that I’m not sure about. Since it’s under chocolatey’s control, I suspect uninstallation would be a little better than otherwise. But I’ve not done any comparison testing.