A march on Washington with loaded rifles

[A march on Washington with loaded rifles - Salon.com](http://www.salon.com/2013/05/03/a_march_on_washington_with_loaded_rifles/

G)o Kokesh!

I’m in total favor of peaceful protests in Washington. To be completely honest, I want thousands of people protesting every day that congress is in session, and everyday that Obama is at the WH. Lord knows there is enough issues to protest when it comes to the federal government for the whole year.

The American people need to wake up and be heard.

That “loaded” part could get ugly in more ways than one.

Not to mention he is tweeting about abolishing the federal govt and shooting federal agents

[quote=“UNTRugby, post:4, topic:39314”]
Not to mention he is tweeting about abolishing the federal govt and shooting federal agents
[/quote] Eeek. Is it safe to go to the link?And I was gonna say - the loaded part could get a lot of people arrested. I daresay that’s illegal in D.C.

Trouble is, most of the people with the beef(s) have jobs they have to go to every day, and can’t afford to go traipsing off to DC every time Obama messes up (which is most, if not all, the time).

The point is to see how tyrannical the response will be. Kokesh says that if he (and 1,000 others minimum) get confronted, they will march peacefully back into Virginia.

When the govt defends itself thats tyrannical? you have a thousand people marching with loaded arms on the capital of the US saying they want to abolish the federal govt

Have you ever heard of the 2nd amendment? You have the right to bear arms. This group is peaceful and attacking nobody.

And they are not saying they are trying to abolish the federal government.

The 2nd amendment is not unlimited and never has been, in fact gun rights are more expansive now than they have ever been. Dont let facts get in the way of your tin foil though

And they are not saying they are trying to abolish the federal government.

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/3151/fedf.jpg

I support gun rights, but I think this would do more harm for the cause than good. Also, it would only take one wacko to start a massacre.

1-Don’t pretend to be conservative and agree with D.C.'s prohibition of open and concealed carry of firearms. And the carry of guns is the most obvious implication of the 2nd amendment besides ownership of them. And the 2nd amendment is only limited in regards to “your rights end where my rights begin”.

2-That is what Kokesh believes in general, not the opinion of the gun marchers and certainly not the goal of the march.

The government almost always fires first.

The Boston massacre comes to mind. And today is the anniversary of the Kent State massacre, where the government fired first.

True, but like I said, it only takes one nut to set off something bad. With that many guns in the area, if people feel threatened, there will be a ton of casualties.

Dont pretend that concealed carry was ever thought of as being covered by the 2nd amendment until recently.

2-That is what Kokesh believes in general, not the opinion of the gun marchers and certainly not the goal of the march.

It was just a coincidence that he tweeted that the same day he started a group to mobilize 1,000 armed people to march on the capital

From the OP:

Kokesh is a former Marine who was discharged in 2007 after violating the military’s code against engaging in political activity while in uniform. Kokesh was highly active in the antiwar movement after serving in Iraq, participating in numerous protests and getting arrested on occasion.

He started an anti-government radio show as the Tea Party picked up steam and was eventually picked up by RT, the news channel funded by the Russian government that is often critical of U.S. policy, where he promoted both the Tea Party and Occupy Wall Street in a worldview that some sociologists describe as “fusion paranoia,” a visceral anti-governmentalism that isn’t limited to typical left-right divides.

He ran into trouble when he endorsed Ron Paul in the 2012 election, which led to an FEC complaint and his termination from RT, though employees have told me privately that there were other, darker issues.

Since then, he’s taken his show “Adam vs. The Man” to the Internet, and seems to have become increasingly radicalized. “It’s time to abolish the US federal government,” he tweeted yesterday. Today he tweeted this:

When the government comes to take your guns, you can shoot government agents, or submit to slavery.

— Adam Kokesh (@adamkokesh) May 3, 2013

Whether Kokesh actually goes through with his plan remains to be seen — he says he won’t do it unless 1,000 join him — but the protest may strike a chord with gun fanatics, who stage “open carry” protests across the country to fight gun control laws. There was one in Washington in 2010, but those rallying inside District lines did not actually carry weapons.

Kokesh did not immediately return an email seeking an interview (a message on his website says he’s in Barcelona), but we will update if he does.

Umm, thanks, but no, thanks.

And please don’t accuse me of not being pro 2nd Amendment. It just so happens that I’m pro-Smart, too.
And that ain’t smart.

If the GOAL is actually to protest the constitutionality of NON concealed carry laws…i.e. the RIGHT to BEAR arms… I suggest that 1000 people with loaded guns is a recipe for disaster. Instead ONE guy with a loaded .22 who is WILLING TO BE a spokesperson AND GO TO JAIL should walk across that bridge completely and **tightly surrounded **by 1000 protesters. They should march to the ATF offices…make their speeches, chant their chants and engage the news media. If an arrest is attempted they should engage in peaceful civil disobediance. If an arrest is MADE…they should march to the jail and protest and engage the media some more. More importantly…they should financially support the defense of the arrested person AS WE ALL SHOULD…and take the DC law all the way to the Supremes if necessary.

Protest is good…this law sucks…not a good reason to risk some yahoo blowing this thing into a PR disaster for 2nd amendment rights and/or getting people hurt or killed…when the same thing may be accomplished by less risky means.

Depends on who was thinking. And this is an open carry march.

It was just a coincidence that he tweeted that the same day he started a group to mobilize 1,000 armed people to march on the capital

Not really. He talks about it all the time.

Open carry has never thought of as being covered under the 2nd amendment. I and dont have to depend on who was thinking just look at history and open an concealed carry was never permitted as widely as it is today.

Not really. He talks about it all the time.

Even more of a reason not to buy into the “peacefulness” of this protest.

Open carry (or any other kind of carry) is covered by the second amendment. What part of “shall not be infringed” do you not understand? “Keep and bear arms” pretty well covers it, I would say.