A Stand Off..

SIGH So what? He has the right to do so. The very first amendment says so… at least up until the point that he says something legally actionable.

1 Like

So in your world a “put-down” makes truth false? I’m no fan of Ranma, but he did a pretty good job of refuting these conspiracy theories you seem so fond of passing along.

Nope. A Put-down throws a shadow over the character of the person guilty of doing it.

I’ve just returned to real internet during daylight hours…

What is the ENDEX date for Jade Helm? Anyone know that answer?

I can say that until that date comes, I’ll be doing my best to watch and see what happens.

According to this document, Jade Helm 15, will run from Jul 15 thru Sep 15.

Someone else here said it would run through Dec.

1 Like

Moving this silly thread to the Conspiracy Corner.

Colorado backs out of Jade Helm

Preppers scramble to get relevant information on Jade Helm 15. Conspiracy theorist have less than 6 months to create a conspiracy believable to the far right and those on the edge. Colorado is the first of six states to back out of the exercise. Colorado now claims the troops that were to participate are no longer available.

Several militias and patriots now monitoring the JH 15 exercise think this move by Colorado is even more proof the government is not being forthright with the people. One General with the Phoenix Militia states it’s troubling to imagine Northcom and NORAD which have been conducting Homeland security since 9/11 at NORAD have been excluded. The 58 year old military facility under Cheyenne Mountain in Colorado which has changed names several times, in 2002 became responsible for natural disasters, homeland extremist, and cyberattacks says Navy Adm. William E. Gortney, commander of U.S. Northern Command and North American Aerospace Defense Command.

The Phoenix Militia commander states if disasters, extremist and cyberattacks aren’t prevalent to ‘Marshal Law’ the basis for the Jade Helm exercise then what is the exercise primary goal? How can you have a 6 state exercise on martial law without the nation’s best and biggest logistics and a command center participating?

Now local media in Colorado are reporting Colorado is not going to participate in the exercise. NORAD and NORTHCOM also have a huge law enforcement role as well as federal military forces. The old ENT or NORAD had a primary goal to protect US and Canadian airspace and maritime defense but today the role of NORAD is much broader and also includes homeland security, countering transnational criminal networks and stopping smugglers and other activity.

It’s safe to say NORAD is the nerve center for monitoring super storms, cyberattacks and domestic & foreign terrorist attacks. To say Colorado is excluded from any of this activity training or otherwise is nonsense. Colorado is the nerve center for Martial Law if and when it’s ever ordered on a mass scale in the west, east or both NORAD will be there.

The name Jade Helm (blue helmet) itself has raised eyebrows in the Prepper and survivalist community. Blue Helmet can be attributed to UN forces which also has concerns of real martial law orders in the USA.

Chuck Norris on Jade Helm

Dylan Baddour | Houston Chronicle | 1 comment

What started as a subtle buzz in the backwoods of the Internet has blossomed into a surreal national controversy, with scathing accusations hurled between comments from big-name celebrities, national lawmakers, the governor of Texas and the White House.

The most recent: high-kicking “Texas Ranger” Chuck Norris and TV funnyman Jon Stewart.

“If you haven’t heard about Jade Helm 15, you need to,” wrote Norris in a concerned op-ed on conservative news site WND titled “Exclusive: Chuck Norris reminds Americans to never check brains at government’s door.”

Jade Helm is a Special Forces training operation planned for Texas and the American Southwest this summer, but word spread online that the exercise was a front a federal takeover, and a sizable bloc of Texans told the troops they’re not welcomed.

Last week the story broke the threshold from obscure online conspiracy to quirky national news when Texas governor Greg Abbott offered some legitimacy to the fearful, ordering members of the Texas State Guard to monitor the U.S. Military during its business in the Lone Star State, where it operates about two dozen bases.

Stewart, speaking on a nightly broadcast of the Daily Show, called Abbott’s move “adorable.”

“It’s like a little dog growling at a big dog, or an eight-year-old picking a fight with the Predator,” he said.

But for Norris, Abbott’s announced deployment of the Texas troops was a reminder of the continuing fight for freedom. He said he “laughed at some progressives in the mainstream media [that] tried to mock Gov. Abbott” for his decision to activate the State Guard.

Norris wrote, “It’s neither over-reactionary nor conspiratorial to call into question or ask for transparency about Jade Helm 15 or any other government activity. To those who merely think we should check our brains at the door of the White House and trust what the government does, I would reiterate to you the words of one of our government’s primary founders, Benjamin Franklin, who said, 'Distrust and caution are the parents of security.”

Citizens’ concerns with the exercise have spanned the gambit from concerns that troops would violate their private property, to worries that the military was psychologically prepping Americans for days when troops fill the streets, to full-fledged terror that a network of shuttered Walmarts, linked by a network of secret tunnels, would be used to move federal armies across the nation, confiscating citizens guns as they corral them into FEMA-operated concentration camps. Such diverse anxieties have generally been summarized as fears of a federal takeover of the Lone Star State.

Read more: Chuck Norris weighs in on Jade Helm 15 - MRT.com: News Chuck Norris weighs in on Jade Helm 15 - MRT.com: News
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution

Sorry, Cruella. I ought to know better than to post when I’m feeling impatient. I allowed my impatience to show at your expense, and I apologize for that.

If I may explain? We, (‘we’, as in bb posters), went through all this ad nauseam throughout the 90’s.
“Clinton’s gonna put us all in internment camps!” “Here’s the proof!”
“Clinton’s gonna impose martial law!” "NEVER to retire!"
Etc., etc., etc.

All this re: Obama is a near verbatum re-run.

Yes, these operations have been practiced in the past.
Yes, I do trust the military. I don’t know about implicitly, but more than some here give them credit for; especially those in Special Ops. You don’t get there by willingly running a fool’s errands. I question a person’s ability to get there without a deep-seeded love of his country.

Same with Generals. Yes, a President does choose those he thinks is more in line with his thinking, but no General, while imperfect, is crazy enough to want to impale his own country to smithereens.
At least not enough of them. lol

So morality, that’s what. It’s wrong to do this. It’s wrong to soil someone’s reputation on a whim.

He has the right to do so.

Westboro Baptist Church has the legal right to do what they do. They’re still wrong.

Completely wrong, in 2002 Cheyenne mountain had most of its operations moved out to Peterson AFB. It operates with a skeleton crew. Admiral Gortney, if he even said this, is listing the missions performed there, NOT saying it’s the HQ for anything.

Because it’s not, Peterson is.

The Phoenix Militia commander states if disasters, extremist and cyberattacks aren’t prevalent to ‘Marshal Law’ the basis for the Jade Helm exercise then what is the exercise primary goal? How can you have a 6 state exercise on martial law without the nation’s best and biggest logistics and a command center participating?

1. That’s not Cheyenne Mountain, it’s a tiny facility. It’s not even a command center, it’s just an Air Force Station now.

2. This exercise is NOT based on martial law (yet another unsubstantiated accusation). It’s a Counter-Insurgency exercise.

[quote=“Alaska_Slim, post:131, topic:46639”]
Completely wrong, in 2002 Cheyenne mountain had most of its operations moved out to Peterson AFB. It operates with a skeleton crew. Admiral Gortney, if he even said this, is listing the missions performed there, NOT saying it’s the HQ for anything.

Because it’s not, Peterson is.

1. That’s not Cheyenne Mountain, it’s a tiny facility. It’s not even a command center, it’s just an Air Force Station now.

2. This exercise is NOT based on martial law (yet another unsubstantiated accusation). It’s a Counter-Insurgency exercise.
    [/quote] Very true AS, and I’m wondering if Carpenter knows what NORAD means… I’m thinking he might not, because its obvious why (even if it was still active at its former strength) NORAD wouldn’t be participating in an exercise that involves simulating GROUND based combat…

NORAD is where the SGC is located. It’s a very important place! :wink:

2 Likes

FTFY. NORAD is located primarily at Peterson AFB. The first thing they addressed when I visited the place.

[quote=“Rightwing_Nutjob, post:133, topic:46639”]
NORAD is where the SGC is located. It’s a very important place! :wink:
[/quote] And we occasionally get unexplained (very brief) power outages here in Colorado Springs… I think they are dialing Atlantis whenever that happens… :-p

1 Like

Again, so what? You said that Carpenter has “no right” to (presumably) unfairly disparage, denigrate, malign or whatever the military. He absolutely has that right, explicitly guaranteed in the first amendment, short of actionable libel, incitement to riot or sedition, or imminent harm (all the exceptions I can think of). The world ain’t fair, or particularly moral, either, for that matter. Suck it up, buttercup. You don’t get to take away his rights because you don’t like the way he uses them.

Yeah, the jade-helm conspiracy hysteria is, as I said, nonsense on stilts. So what? As long as people can safely post that kind of nonsense, we can be relatively sure it’s still nonsense. Someday it might not be, and the canaries in the coal mine will start to fall silent. We should be celebrating the fact that the canaries can still sing.

1 Like

Thank you. It is already a sad day that the liberals would have we conservatives just shut up…because they don’t like the Truth that we have to say. Point: I am not insinuating that what I have posted on this issue is the Truth. What I am saying is that, as an American citizen, at present, I have the right to say what I please, as long as it doesn’t come under the conditions that you have named.

It isn’t a matter of not trusting our military. It’s the goofus-in-chief in our White House that I don’t trust.

Again, context. That phrase isn’t associated with talk about legal rights. It’s associated with talking about moral ones.

I never once mentioned the constitution in my dress-down of him, notice though what piece of writing I did mention. The Bible.

Equally, I did this after he tried to deflect by saying “this isn’t what good Christians would do”. So I corrected him, and demonstrated how he was in the wrong, within that framework.

This argument begins and ends with your confusion over my use of the word, that’s all.

And you don’t care if you indict, unsubstantiated, good people in the process. You put your dislike of the President before respecting others who have not done anything to earn the ire you’re giving them.

To say you can accuse the President in a vacuum is stupid. The military would have to know. You’re either being ignorant, or dishonest.

And you are being the north end of a south bound mule.