Abd = Arabic for “N***er” in every sense of the word

“Sudan Legree,” militant Islam’s Simon Legree, uses racist word “abd” for his Negro slaves Israpundit » Blog Archive » Abd = Arabic for “N***er” in every sense of the word
by Bill Levinson

There is a controversy over whether the N word in Mark Twain’s Huckleberry Finn should be replaced by “slave.” We think the book should be left as it is, with the explanation that the N word did not have the pejorative implications it has today. Huckleberry Finn obviously did not think of his Black friend Jim in pejorative terms even though he called him the N word because he helped Jim escape the slave catchers. If educators could get past the politically correct gibberish from the would-be book banners, they could present Huckleberry Finn as a story about the dilemma that confronted people on both sides of the Mason-Dixon Line with regard to human rights versus property rights. Huck knew that Jim was legally his master’s “property” but he was also able to make the internal decision in favor of right versus wrong; no human being had the right to own another no matter what the law said.

Alternatively, Huckleberry Finn could be rewritten to change “N***er Jim” to “Abd Jim,” which would have exactly the same meaning. As shown in “Will Freedom Come for Sudan’s Slaves?”, “Blacks were cursed as abd (Black slave) and kuffar (infidel).” Islamic supremacist Sudanese whites treat their Black slaves every bit as badly as Simon Legree treated Uncle Tom, with whippings, mutilations, and even killings being standard operating procedure.

The war booty of a man named Adhaly Osman, Achol was threatened with death, gang-raped, genitally mutilated, forced to convert to Islam, renamed “Mariam,” and racially and religiously insulted. She lost the sight in one eye when her master thrashed her face with a camel whip for failing to perform Islamic rituals correctly. This mother of four saw two of her children beaten to death for minor misdemeanors. She also lost the use of one arm when her master took a machete to it in response to her failure to grind grain properly.
The article also shows that Rudyard Kipling was 100 percent about what he called the White Man’s burden, although “Western Civilization’s Burden” is more to the point today.

The British suppressed black slavery in Sudan in the first half of the 20th century. But the practice was rekindled in the 1980s as part of the surge in Islamism in the region.
In other words, the civilized British, who abolished slavery before the northern United States did, eradicated Black slavery from the Sudan. When the British left and the Islamic supremacist jungle apes took over, they quickly reverted to their barbaric ways and began to enslave Black people again. These Third World jungle countries–and you don’t need a tropical rain forest to have a jungle, only violent and primitive apes that belong in one–are not the equals of the United States and do not have a right to equality with the United States in the UN or any other organization.

The bottom line is that primitive and violent Third World savages operating under color of Islam still enslave Black people and call them the exact counterpart of the N word. When is the Left going to recognize the difference between advanced nations like Israel and the United States in which slavery would not be tolerated for an instant and militant “Islamic” nations to which this barbaric institution is a way of life?

:yeahthat:

It’s hard to add to that article! And as for …

But the practice was rekindled in the 1980s as part of the surge in Islamism in the region.

… that being true (as it is!) why wasn’t this fact on the front pages of so-called ***news***papers from the late 70s or early 80s into the mid 2000s?! Could it be because the Sudanese Arabs’ targets during that time were Christian and Animist blacks, while the Darfurian black targets who have gotten media attention in recent years - properly so, BTW - are … Muslims? MSM selective blindness is interesting.

Can we cahnge all the Rap songs while we’re at it. Seems fair to me. No matter what you call it the meaning is there. A wrong by any other name smells just as bad.

Maybe I’m weird, but I do think there’s a difference between use of the “N-word” in rap “music” and racism among Muslims that have caused the oppression, deaths, maiming, rape and enslavement of hundreds of thousands or millions of blacks in hell-holes like Sudan.

O_O I didn’t know there was still slavery anywhere!

There is still slavery, but it is mainly in Muslim countries.

There’s slavery- especially sexual slavery- right here in the U.S.; probably in every sizable (populationwise) state in the country.

Here’s the article linked in Levinson’s article, with more about the history of the mess that is Sudan:

Will Freedom Come for Sudan’s Slaves?
Posted by Charles Jacobs Jan 17th 2011 at 1:46 pm
By John Eibner and Charles Jacobs
Big Peace

Juba, Sudan–On Jan. 9, the people of South Sudan began their week-long referendum to decide whether to separate from the Arab-Muslim North and form an independent country. But Achol Yum Deng didn’t vote. Though she has more reasons to seek separation from the North than most of her countrymen, she couldn’t register: Since 1998, Achol was a slave serving her master in the North and was only liberated just before the voting began.

Achol is one of 397 slaves whose liberation was facilitated and documented by Christian Solidarity International and the American Anti-Slavery Group in the state of Northern Bahr el Ghazal as voting commenced.

The British suppressed black slavery in Sudan in the first half of the 20th century. But the practice was rekindled in the 1980s as part of the surge in Islamism in the region. In 1983, when Khartoum’s radical leaders declared strict enforcement of Shariah law throughout the country, the Christian and tribalist South resisted. Shariah-sanctioned slave raids were used as a weapon to break Southern resistance.

The history varies, but it’s a problem in a number of African nations. I suggest checking out the two organizations mentioned in this article.

FC brought a very different angle. There has been some media coverage of “human trafficking” (what a sanitary term!) in SE Asia, especially Thailand. Skipping the euphemisms, preteen and teen girls and boys are being sold by parents, enticed with offers of jobs or kidnapped outright and forced into sex slavery for pimps; the other side of this filthy coin is Western “sex tourists” who go to those countries for … . It’s all illegal, on paper, but it brings millions of $$ and Euros to a relatively poor country, so some of those $$ and Euros persuade officials to look the other way. There are groups who try to free those enslaved and to help develop local villages so parents don’t “need” to sell their children, and youth don’t need to seek employment alone in unfamiliar large cities.

And as FC pointed out, this plague has come to US cities as well. Young women are brought to the US under false pretenses and forced forced by those who brought them into slavery. There was just such a case brought to light in the East SF Bay Area just a few years ago.

Rooting through the “International Politics” forum, I came across these two relevant threads:

About the situation in Sudan

About human trafficking in India

Slavery is widespread in Asia, and Africa, and most of the third world.

This is off topic, but the thread keeps reminding me of a book I picked up recently, Carry the Wind. It’s about a ‘mountain man’s’ life in the mid-1800’s, in the U.S. He’s older, and set in his ways.
My point? It was published in 1982, and uses the word, “nigger” repeatedly. Thing is, written in the first-person, the guy isn’t referring to African Americans; he’s referring to “red n----rs”, “white n----rs”, “black n----rs”, and so on. Frankly, that’s how I always took the word in modern times - to define people of ill-repute, not skin color.
I was taken aback that a book published in '82 did so with no backlash, but perhaps it wasn’t popular enough to garner the attention. Odder…it was given to me by a white woman married to a black man with two black children because she liked it, and thought I would, too.
Go figure.

They need to keep the n word in! It’s important to show the context & istory of words, not try to blank them out of existence. The word is powerless unless being used as a weapon, by banning it we’re handing it more power

I agree. They are trying so hard to sanitize children’s books, that they are destroying some of them. My sister said she got a copy of Heidi for her granddaughter, and they pretty much destroyed the story by their “sanitizing.” I can’t remember everything she told me, but they were trying to prevent the little darlings from reading anything painful or “ugly.” Peter’s grandmother was not blind, nor bedridden - little children should not be exposed to such “suffering”; Fraulein Rottenmeier was not so stern, Klara was not crippled. I’m pretty sure there was more, but I can’t remember it.

My mother was very sad when they decided Little Black Sambo wasn’t acceptable anymore. D=

Yeah, that was a favorite - and Little Black Sambo wasn’t really “black,” he was Indian (Eastern). They used to have one of those single-frame cartoons that ran in a magazine - Saturday Evening Post, I think - about a little black boy, called “Little Brown Koko.” Now, I could seen nothing to take offense at in either of those, they were just entertaining, no racial slurs nor slums, and we have blacks complaining that they’re under-represented in so many areas, but they don’t like it when they are. Remember Sambo’s restaurant? That went out of business due to their name - and it was only a combo of the names of the two owners! I don’t remember what their names were. My daughter worked at one of their restaurants as a waitress for some time.

Yeah, my parents told me about that, too. And then there’s the Disney movie Song of the South - you wouldn’t believe how hard a time my mom had getting that. Disney has made it difficult, on account of Uncle Remus being a black slave, as well as the parts with Tar Baby. They actually cut Uncle Remus out of the ride that’s based on that movie, Splash Mountain. And they replaced Tar Baby with a scene of Brer Rabbit being hung over a cooking pot. Since the movie’s so hard to find, most folks don’t even know the difference, but I do. I’ve always really liked Uncle Remus - it upsets me that anyone can be offended by him. :sad:

My sister had a book of Uncle Remus once, had the tarbaby story, and a lot more stuff in it. We loved it. The objection to the “tar baby” is ridiculous, because, of course, the “tar baby” was actually sort of like a scare crow, except that it was a trap - because it was coated with tar.

Yeah, and that story came from black slave culture, too. But it’s true that “tar baby” became a derogatory term for a black person.

Uncle Remus was inspired by real people. He may have been a stereotype but stereotypes come from observation & experience. Censoring him out of stuff is an insult to the people that inspired his creation. It’s like saying they’re shameful in some way, to behave & speak like that.

Unless I’m missing the point, I don’t get what the problem was with him. Was he a slave? I saw Brer Rabbit when I was a kid but wouldn’t have seen him as a slave, just a cool black guy like from Sesame Street

I received Little Black Sambo as a gift from the ‘Tooth Fairy’. I loved that story!, and read it over, and over, and over again. (My mom was very good at getting us to read aloud. :wink:)
Folks, it looks like we better start grabbing up the classics and holding on to them before they ALL disappear from the shelves. What is being done to our children in the name of protecting them is tantamount to abuse.