Abominable slow down!

I don’t know if anybody else is seeing this, but the load times for the past week or so have been abominable, though it seems to be random. Sometimes pages will load up as they used to . . . fast. And then the next time it will slow down.

I haven’t gotten a time out yet, but it’s noticeably slow.

And I’m not talking about dial up or IE.

I’m on broadband and use Linux and Firefox.

At first, I thought maybe it was my Firefox. But other websites load up just fine. So that pretty much rules that out . . . I think. It’s just this site that’s slow to load pages.

Anybody else, or do I need to do more troubleshooting ON MY OWN SYSTEM?

I haven’t been getting any slowdown. I’m on Firefox on dial-up.

I got a couple of data base errors last night. Might be related.

I had the same problem.

One server is in NY. Another in California. I do know the NY server’s network was being upgraded this week, but I personally havent seen any slowdown. Requests are load balanced between the 2 servers so it’s possible I was only ever hitting the server in CA.

Thanks for the report, I’ll review the issue.

I’ve had a very hard time with slowness, but I just thought it was my computer or my connection.

Now I’m getting a “Database error” refusal on the “McConnell Gives Away 2014” thread.

And just now (10:30PM Pacific Time), I got in to that darn “McConnell Gives Away 2014” thread. It’s like when you tell the auto repair guy, “It pulls to the right”, and he says, “Drove OK for me . . . I didn’t notice it pulling to the right.” Maddening.

I was just getting a “Database Error” for the entire site…obviously it got better but still slightly annoying.

Thanks, i’ll take a look under the hood in about 6 hours.

[quote=“BobJam, post:8, topic:41423”]
And just now (10:30PM Pacific Time), I got in to that darn “McConnell Gives Away 2014” thread. It’s like when you tell the auto repair guy, “It pulls to the right”, and he says, “Drove OK for me . . . I didn’t notice it pulling to the right.” Maddening.
[/quote]Been there done that. I had a wheel that would make noise and I took it to the dealer and told the mechanic this. He drove it into the garage and told me there was noting wrong. The noise was especially loud if I went under an overpass.

I’m removing 1 server from RO’s resources due to it’s occasional faulty connection. Will create a new one and add it back when I get some free time. This may or may not have any positive effect on the site’s responsiveness.

I have been tracking the recent errors though, so I’m getting a better picture of when the issues arise and why.

3 Likes