Abortion

Here we get to discuss our opinions on abortion. Speak your voice now.

I believe that the federal government has the duty to protect the unborn as one of the reasons for civil society. Abortions should be illegal in all 50 states. We can not hold states accountable for abortion issues since life is guaranteed in this constitution and if we have no unifying law of illegal abortion or in what circumstances to abort a child which it is suitable, we will have 50 different laws dictating the side-affects of abortion in this country as an entire. I know what it’s like to would have been a victim of an abortion because I have a physical limitation disorder and we can’t use eugenics to prove other’s worth. These means justify the ends, assuming correct use of the expression.

Agree completely, giving states the right to keep abortion legal is as ridiculous as giving them the right to keep slavery legal, human rights aren’t up to the states. Same applied for DC, Puerto Rico, and Guam. The right to live is the most important right of them all.

This’ll be a can of worms, but one always worth opening. I feel that the 5th Amendment specification that no one shall be “deprived of life, liberty or property without due process of law” should protect the unborn. Roe v Wade flew in the face of it.

That’s exactly what Ron Paul said in his book “Abortion and Liberty.”

And if I’m not mistaken, he’s also said that whether or not to ban abortion should be left up to the states; which is decidedly NOT a 5th Amendment argument.

No. He’s said the federal Constitution already protects the right to life and that enforcement should be done at the state level. The Constitution does not grant the federal government the authority to prosecute crimes except: treason, bribery, counterfeiting of US currency, piracy and felonies committed on the high seas. Virtually every instance of violent crime (murder, rape, robbery, etc) is codified and prosecuted at the state level, as should abortion.

If you are a guy with an opinion about abortion (other than your own wife’s/daughters) isn’t that sexist? I haven’t really cared a lot about this topic. It is really on the bottom of my list of issues because I am not a girl and I don’t have a wife or a daughter. Plus most of the republican candidates I backed seemed more reasonable than Barry’s Abortion stance. Voting Yes on Everything!

I tend to ignore anything the left media says so when they all started talking about how Paul Ryan wants to kill babies, I said, who cares? He’s not Mitt Romney. Even if the media lies were true, I wasn’t voting for Paul Ryan. I was just happy he was on the ticket.

No, it means you don’t like innocent unborn children being murdered.

That doesn’t mean it’s not sexist too lolz. But I do agree with that point as well.

I don’t like it when men or women murder innocents. I don’t distinguish if they’re murdering a male or a female, either. Not sexist, just against murder.

Virtually every instance of violent crime (murder, rape, robbery, etc) is codified and prosecuted at the state level, as should abortion.

In 2012, the U.S. prison population was 2.2 million. There are approximately 1.2 million abortions each year. If we assume that abortion is premeditated murder, that means incarcerating another million or so each year for forty years each.

Of course, all that prison construction may be just the stimulus needed to pull the U.S. economy of the recession.

[quote=“Jazzhead, post:11, topic:37719”]
In 2012, the U.S. prison population was 2.2 million. There are approximately 1.2 million abortions each year. If we assume that abortion is premeditated murder, that means incarcerating another million or so each year for forty years each.

Of course, all that prison construction may be just the stimulus needed to pull the U.S. economy of the recession.
[/quote]OMG, I cannot believe this.
First, if it were illegal, fewer would break the law, to do it.
Second. If it were illegal, both men and women would be more cautious.
Third. Not all would get caught.
Forth. Doctors with any ethics would not participate.
Fifth. Lenient judges everywhere.

Insult restrained .

I note that you don’t deny that women who obtain abortions should be incarcerated for premediated murder. That’s the political position that has so many women scared of the GOP and its assault on a woman’s most basic liberty.

We should use persuasion to reduce the number of abortions, not incarceration.

He did

I consider it a state-level responsibility to restrain violence against any human being. I disagree with the nationalization of the issue

A woman’s most basic liberty is to murder her own child? Casey Anthony should the woman of the year then.

A nonviable fetus has no independent legal rights vis a vis the mother. Is abortion morally wrong? In my view, yes, but that does not alter the woman’s legal right to privacy and self-determination. The way to address abortion is through moral persuasion and the provision of support to mothers who choose to give birth.

“self” determination doesnt involve 3 people

A nonviable fetus isn’t a person with separate legal rights vis a vis the mother.

I wasn’t aware that the right to murder is a “basic liberty.” The Republicans’ extreme anti-slavery stance in the 1850s and "60s scared a lot of Southern Whites who called it “property rights,” or “state’s rights,” which goes to show you that people who oppose human rights will come up with new “rights” to take away other people’s rights.

Just spitballing here, but maybe, just maybe, people shouldn’t have unprotected sex until they are ready to have a child. Just a thought.