Actually Fixing Our Problems

What do you all think of this? I won’t tell you who it comes from, because you probably wouldn’t read it. I’m sure you can find out easily though.

Doesn’t this sound like something we can all agree on?

"Here we find ourselves today in a similar situation, where six industries have a stranglehold over Washington. And the draining of our current and future wealth will only continue as both the media and the political class not only tolerates but spreads the phrase “free market” when the reality doesn’t match the rhetoric.

Our politicians continue to take money from massive corporations to subsidize them in a rigged marketplace that only cares about protecting the incumbent structure. At the same time, the American people are drowning in a red sea of debt caused by perpetuating banking, health care, energy and defense systems that are expensive, ineffective and protected from competition.

So I have a challenge for those so-called free market Republicans who rode a wave of voter discontent into Washington. I challenge you to end massive corporate subsidies. To end tax loopholes. And to end rigged trade with China and release the true power of free markets.

This can no longer be simply a talking point to win votes. Because this broken system is not only costing American jobs… it’s costing us the very prosperity and freedoms that this country was founded on"

OK, get a flat tax in. Stop farm subsidies. No more bailouts, and while your at it make tobacco illegal already or get off it.

It is filled with false premises.

Well lets break it down and see.

False.
Every politician is elected by the people, not industries.

If the people fail to establish a coherent philosophy and remain engaged enough to vote intelligently then they will fall prey to whatever campaign has the largest advertising budget.

This is not any lobbyist’s fault, stupid is supposed to hurt.

The only mention of “free markets” from politicians or the media are coming from those who want these markets restored. Nobody is claiming what we have now are “free markets”.

So what?

The most corrupting collective contributors are the Unions who are destroying Americas ability to compete and destroying the quality of all public services while bankrupting all levels of government.

Even so, I don’t blame the Unions contributions. I recognize that no amount of contributions to a campaign fund can stop me from developing a Constitutional philosophy and voting accordingly.

Attempting to demonize “Corporations” as if they are somehow causing more damage than all the collective stupidity of voters is just Populist propaganda.

We are “drowning in a red sea of debt” because we have voted for politicians who promise us the most “goodies” regardless of whether their promise is responsible or Constitutional and then selfishly demand that they make someone else pay for our “benefits”.

Debt is ALWAYS a spending problem, only selfish children blame their income for their own lack of personal discipline.

Leaving only the massive confiscatory taxation that is leveled against these corporations?

We are already losing businesses at an alarming rate and you think hitting them harder will cause them to stop leaving and come back?

The facts are that those in the top ten percent income brackets are paying almost all the taxes in America and the bottom 50 percent pay none.

Your attempt to fuel the class warfare machine is most certainly NOT a “solution” to anything. Unless the problem is too much prosperity.

There is no such thing as a “tax loophole”.

Income belongs to those who earn it, not YOU or your government thugs.

You have absolutely no right to the fruit of another mans labor. Your greed in not being satisfied with already raping the top ten percent for most of the benefits you enjoy and still wanting MORE MORE MORE of someone else’s property is predictable.

But it most certainly will not be supported by any Conservative.

You attempt to blame China trade policy instead of the real reason America cannot compete like;

1. Unions protected by law from competing with non union workers.

2. Confiscatory taxation

3. Redundant and pointless safety regulations.

4. Redundant and pointless environmental regulations.

5. Astronomical permit fees with overwhelmingly long approval time frames.

6. A Judicial system that allows endless nuisance law suits without requiring the instigator to pay all legal fees if their claim is found to be false.

7. Institutionalized Racism in the form of Affirmative Action that prevents those who earn privilege from obtaining it and destroys efficiency by promoting bad workers based on skin color instead of performance.

8. Demonizing the job creators who make Americans lives better by constantly attempting to perpetuate class warfare.

The only thing “costing American’s prosperity” is your brethren who want to attack, demonize and destroy all those who succeed and are productive and make America prosperous. All the while growing the influence of the one entity that makes it harder every year for individuals to excel, the Government.

Those “greedy oil companies” provide fuel to my business and home without fail. Fuel that I must have to live and prosper. They do it without fail and without excuse.

Your precious government takes my money as well, but they use it to destroy my ability to earn a living and always fail to deliver what they claim to be using my money to accomplish.

I CHOOSE to buy fuel and I receive the promised benefit from my purchase.

I am forced at gunpoint to pay your Nazi brethren and I have no recourse when they fail to do what they promise.

Government is the enemy to prosperity, not too low a tax rate and regulation rate on the productive job creators.

So in summary;
No, as a Conservative I most certainly DO NOT agree with whatever selfish Communist wrote your little manifesto.

C’mon man. HuffPo? Really?
RET, awesome post, as usual. I could not add a thing.

Once again, I can counter this with a simple question.

If Bush was the conservative hero that people make him out to be, why didn’t he fix these things? If the system isn’t broken then why did he leave the country in the shape he did? How is it that when your own party is in power, nothing changes? They have more money and power than any other group in the US!

I know you will blame it on the ineffectual liberals. They can’t get ANYTHING done. They are cowards! They crumble under ANY opposition.

The reason Obama won the election is because the American people felt that 8 years of unrestricted Republican rule landed the country in the crapper.

I agree with some of your points. But the question I ask again is, will the Republican party actually lift a finger to fix these problems once back in power?

I don’t think so.

Huffo:howler: A bastion of false information

Why didn’t one man who was president fix everything that Congress didn’t want fixed?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/SusannaHarriff/Smilies/sarcasm.gif

Do you mean Bush with his Republican congress? His congress approved everything he put forth! I still ask WHY he didn’t try to fix these things?

He couldn’t get support from his own party? Did he suggest a bill that would address ANY of the issues that RET suggested? How was our national debt when he left office (even before the crash)?

You mean this:
Dylan Ratigan: Free Market Fraud

So you left off the context that came before the start of what you quoted, where Ratigen references Theodore Roosevelt breaking up JP Morgan’s monopoly power.

What are the six industries Ratigen believes have this stranglehold over Washington? He does list “banking, health care, energy and defense systems”. Is he referring to the most heavily regulated industries in the country? Why is it they have a stranglehold over Washington and not that Washington has a stranglehold over them? Why does he not acknowledge that regulation is the cause of problems, and as such further regulation will create, not reduce, the problems? Can he not acknowledge that the industries he seems most concerned about make the case for free market because of the failure of regulation of those industries?

Do you mean Bush with his Republican congress? His congress approved everything he put forth! I still ask WHY he didn’t try to fix these things?

He couldn’t get support from his own party? Did he suggest a bill that would address ANY of the issues that RET suggested? How was our national debt when he left office (even before the crash)?

Bush had a Democratic House and Senate from 2006-2008. Before that, he had a Republican Senate that faced many failed cloture votes because of the fact that over 40 Democratic Senators in lock step could block whatever they wanted, most notably energy legislation. When Republicans lost the majority in 2006, they did not exercise such power, and then in 2008 Republicans even lost enough seats that they couldn’t block anything in the Senate if they wanted, and when they got enough seats to fillibuster through mid-term elections, the Democrats rigged the game to circumvent it anyway.

We live in a semi fascistic government system, where Business and Governments collides. If we stop regulation which forces those businesses to collide with Washington, we will stop the Democratic Facism, which is the USA since Teddy Roosevelt.

[QUOTE=Slipangle;421744]

Bush had a Democratic House and Senate from 2006-2008. Before that, he had a Republican Senate that faced many failed cloture votes because of the fact that over 40 Democratic Senators in lock step could block whatever they wanted, most notably energy legislation. When Republicans lost the majority in 2006, they did not exercise such power, and then in 2008 Republicans even lost enough seats that they couldn’t block anything in the Senate if they wanted, and when they got enough seats to fillibuster through mid-term elections, the Democrats rigged the game to circumvent it anyway.

Yeah, so why didn’t OffCentered’s buddies fix the problem while there???

Because the Liberals are the main proponents of Democratic Facism.

What I’m still seeing are excuses. I don’t recall any of the bills being put forth in his first 6 years being anything close to what RET suggested.

I remeber the president (bush) meeting with the Republicans, the Republicans tacking on some earmarks, then rubber stamping whatever the president wanted.

The industries that were deregulated (or regulation wasn’t enforced) did a bang up job! Thank you Financial industry.

[quote=“Tiny1, post:11, topic:28796”]

Because I have no “buddies”. The Dems are as ineffectual as the Repubs.

zoom whoose over democrat centered head

Seriously. Did you finish grade school? Is that ebonics or something?

I’m sorry, I stand corrected. I’m not up on my urban lingo.

**whoose **

1. A versatile term used primarily for scorn and the putting down of others.

2. A verbal expression displaying a person’s sovereign over a person of lesser knowledge.

3. “Dude, that joker just got whoosed!”

4. “Forrester is the biggest whooser ever!”

5. “Man, that punk wont stop whoosing around with his girlfriend.”

Urban Dictionary: whoose

Yanno, you make no progress with snide sarcastic insults, Einstein. If you came to discuss,fine. If you came to insult, get lost.
My point is, you keep disparaging Bush, and the Pubs, but seem to be giving the Liperals a pass.

This list:

You attempt to blame China trade policy instead of the real reason America cannot compete like;

1. Unions protected by law from competing with non union workers.

Bush opposed unionization of TSA, rolled back ergonomics laws unions favored from the Clinton administration and opposed west coast dock workers. I’m pretty sure he never had any union endorsements.

1. Confiscatory taxation

Perhaps you’ve heard of the Bush Tax Cuts?

1. Redundant and pointless safety regulations.

Already mentioned ergonomics

1. Redundant and pointless environmental regulations.

Bush increased CAFE, and it’s one of the things I disagree with Bush having done.

1. Astronomical permit fees with overwhelmingly long approval time frames.

I think this might be a reference to oil refineries and/or nuclear power plants, because my first thought was building, plumbing, mechanical and electrical permits… all of which I’ve pulled on my house, all of which are overpriced relative to other locallities I’ve lived in previous - but that’s a local issue.

If this is a reference to oil refineries and/or nuclear power plants, this was part of energy legislation that was introduced by Republicans repeatedly and which was repeatedly blocked from cloture by Democrats.

1. A Judicial system that allows endless nuisance law suits without requiring the instigator to pay all legal fees if their claim is found to be false.

Repeatedly this was in Bush State of the Union adresses, and bills did get introduced by Republicans, and again they were blocked from cloture by Democrats.

1. Institutionalized Racism in the form of Affirmative Action that prevents those who earn privilege from obtaining it and destroys efficiency by promoting bad workers based on skin color instead of performance.

Bush responded on this with judicial appointments, and I believe he expressed support for court decisions which overruled affirmative action policies - somehow I recall something about University of Michigan.

1. Demonizing the job creators who make Americans lives better by constantly attempting to perpetuate class warfare.

I’m pretty sure this is more rhetoric-based than legislation-based, and I’m pretty sure Bush didn’t do this.

You tell me to get lost for my “insults” while giving Sam a pass on his snide sarcastic insults. Why is that?

If you read my posting history, you will find that I don’t give liperals a pass.