Ahh Bonny Prince Philip

I love this guy! The Queen of England’s husband is a national treasure…he’s the most politically incorrect statesman/important person ever. That I know of.

BBC - Derby - Around Derby - Prince Philip Gaffes

My favourites:

Speaking to a driving instructor in Oban, Scotland: “How do you keep the natives off the booze long enough to get them through the test?”
To an Australian Aborigine during a visit in March 2002:** “Still throwing spears?”

Commenting on modern stress counselling for servicemen in 1995: "We didn’t have counsellors rushing around every time somebody let off a gun, asking ‘Are you all right? Are you sure you don’t have a** ghastly problem?**’ " :biggrin:

**Responding to calls for a firearm ban                    after the Dunblane shooting:** "If a cricketer,                    for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter                    a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could                    do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?" :yeahthat:

**Referring to an old-fashioned fusebox                    in a factory near Edinburgh in 1999:** "It looks                    as if it was put in by an Indian."

[COLOR=black]During a 1984 visit to Kenya, he’s presented with a small gift from a native woman: “You are a woman, aren’t you?”

[/COLOR]Speaking to an islander in the Cayman Islands in 1994: “Aren’t most of you descended from pirates?” :rofl:

**Speaking to a student who had been                    trekking in Papua New Guinea: ** "You managed                    not to get eaten then?"

**At a 1986 World Wildlife Fund meeting:**                    "If it has got four legs and it is not a chair, if it has                    got two wings and it flies but is not an aeroplane, and if it                    swims and is not a submarine, the Cantonese will eat it."

Sounds like our Joe Biden when nobody is following him around doing damage control.

At least the tendency to speak bluntly, in Biden’s case he tends to reveal his Statist ideas as opposed to common sense like Prince Philip seems to let loose with.

“It looks as if it was put in by an Indian” is NOT common sense :biggrin: but his cricket bat thing certainly was

I thought it was a reference to how old it was, like “back when Indians were everywhere”. Then I realized that the world views “Indians” as people from India, we are still running with Christopher Columbus’s mistake! :banghead:

Hahaha yes of course they do :smiley: i would never have thought of Native American ‘Indians’ lol

“If you stay here much longer you’ll all be slitty-eyed” was another of is classics, in a speech to British students studying in China. Oh Philip.

He also made a gaffe of a joke to a 16 year old who had been blinded in an IRA attack. The Queen asked “How much are you still able to see?” and Philip quipped “Not much if that tie is anything to go by” :rofl: the tie was red, yellow and blue stripes and I think it was part of a scout uniform or something similar. Something officious anyways

He sounds like he thinks he is being “amusing”, he probably has no idea how inappropriate the context makes his words.

I had a senile Grandmother who did the same thing. We would cringe whenever she started talking to someone who did not know her very well because there was no telling where she would take the discussion.

I LOVE this guy! I wouldn’t insult him by comparing him to Biden for a moment!
Prince Phillip’s just being blunt honest. It’s refreshing! Biden, otoh, is stoopit.

Haha but I bet you felt a little glee when you heard her stgart up :smiley: that sort of thing is hilarious, everyone having to look into their drinks and such.

You were right about Philip trying to be funny :

Speaking from his home in Sutton Coldfield, in the West Midlands, he said: 'I don’t think what he said was offensive, he just said it to be humorous because I was so obviously nervous…

‘We were not expecting anything like it. You just have to laugh at these things because it’s Prince Philip all over.’

Read more: Prince Philip causes controversy after joking about blind IRA hero’s tie choice | Mail Online

‘I know some people don’t like the things he says, but personally I find it quite amusing.’

Read more: Prince Philip causes controversy after joking about blind IRA hero’s tie choice | Mail Online