Al Quaeda claims Ambassador Stevens was killed by a lethal injection

Wow…this is interesting. I wonder if there is any validity to it? Did they ever determine what killed him and the others?

Al Qaeda weapons expert: U.S. ambassador to Libya killed by lethal injection - Washington Times

He died of smoke inhalation I believe, I’d take anything Al-Qaeda says with a big grain of salt.

What does AQ have to gain by making this kind of statement? If it is true they are only digging their grave deeper. If it is false they are still digging their grave deeper.

Good point. But Seravee also has a good point. Was there a private autopsy done, perhaps, by his family? If he were my relative, I’d insist on one.

Well according to my incredibly reliable internet source (you know, Wikipedia) the hospital where they tried to resuscitate him thinks he died of smoke inhalation, but the official cause of death is labeled as ‘undetermined.’ If I try to Google ‘ambassador stevens autopsy’ all I get are conspiracy theories…so no idea on the autopsy, maybe the family didn’t want one? Maybe like you said they just wanted it to be private. Or maybe it’s a government conspiracy but the most simple explanation is usually the most accurate in my experience so I personally am going to stick with smoke inhalation.

Thanks, Robert! I do enjoy these discussions with you!

Only a big grain? A-Q will say what serves their purposes … which sometimes might actually be something true.

Or maybe it’s a government conspiracy but the most simple explanation is usually the most accurate in my experience so I personally am going to stick with smoke inhalation.

Well, if “undetermined” is still the official cause of death, that’s even simpler. Though one would have to wonder why, 9 months after the fact, the cause is not known or has not been announced.

What do they have to gain? I was gonna say… Oh, I dunno. A couple of stealth fighters, rocket launchers…; when lo and behold, right out of Bill Gertz’s article:

The veracity of the claim by Abdallah Dhu-al-Bajadin, who was identified by U.S. officials as a weapons expert for al Qaeda,

(No, not braggin’ on myself. It was just sitting around waiting to be said.)

And I’ll be darned. I don’t recall who said the smart thing for the gov’t to do would be to turn this into an investigation. That way, they don’t have to say anything. (May have been Rush; don’t recall.) I see they took him up on it.

An FBI spokeswoman indicated that the bureau is aware of the claim but declined to comment because of the ongoing investigation into the Benghazi attacks.

Wish they’d quit giving 'em ideas. This ‘investigation’ will probably turn into, “The Song that Never Ends.