Am I free to go?

I think the second agent shown should be the one going through the scrutiny if anything. I couldn’t hardly understand the guy. It’s sad there are so many people willing to allow our fascist dept. of homeland security to turn what’s left of our republic into Nazi Germany. I am so glad there are people like this citizen who know enough and care enough to stand up for their rights.

This check point was put in place obviously to keep people from smuggling illegals, I fail to see what’s so bad about it. The officers were doing nothing wrong whatsoever. I’m all for standing up for your rights, but the guy filming this did no one any favors, he just acted like he was being difficult for the sake of it.

And I don’t see how you couldn’t understand the second officer, he had an accent but no pronunciation problems.

Americans have to ask themselves if they want to live in a free society or one that is without illegal aliens, danger, and most importantly what follows a society without liberty. I like how the truck driver handled himself.

So what happened next?

[quote=“Right_Wing, post:2, topic:36727”]
It’s sad there are so many people willing to allow our fascist dept. of homeland security to turn what’s left of our republic into Nazi Germany.
[/quote]You could make a stronger case without the hyperbole.

A Gestapo officer wouldn’t ask you to do something and then let you on your way if you declined.

If I, as a citizen asked you if you were carrying people in the back of your truck, would that qualify as an infringement on your freedom?

pastor tased by border patrol - YouTube

Hyperbole huh? What a joke.

That’s not the video he posted. What he posted bears no resemblance to the Gestapo.
Maybe he should save the rhetoric for posting videos like yours. When you say the video RW posted is basically like the one you posted, you don’t strengthen the case for the first video, you weaken your position to argue against what happens in the second.

I’m with RW on this one (the OP). This was not a border crossing and they has no basis in law to stop him. What they count on is people willingly giving up their rights…or not knowing them. It ain’t Gestapo…but it is fed over-reach and attempted subversion of our rights and it needs to stop. It would stop if every single driver they approached handled it the way this guy did.

In watching this video, I ended up watching more, eventually leading to Second Amendment walk videos. What I really found awesome in those are the cops in Oregon, compared to other states, which seem to have more antagonistic encounters. Those videos hands-down show police officers who were both professional, knowledgeable and supportive of our right to bear arms. I don’t mean to distract, but I’ll be dipped if Oregon doesn’t actually have something going the right way.

And I agree with you, Cam.

[quote=“Cam, post:9, topic:36727”]
I’m with RW on this one (the OP). This was not a border crossing and they has no basis in law to stop him. What they count on is people willingly giving up their rights…or not knowing them. It ain’t Gestapo…but it is fed over-reach and attempted subversion of our rights and it needs to stop. It would stop if every single driver they approached handled it the way this guy did.
[/quote]I agree with this. I suppose in my mind, because I know what I’m thinking, that’s a given(though Bremen took it otherwise).
I was thinking “This is something that needs pointing out, but not exaggerated”. You did a better job clarifying your support while disagreeing with tone than I.