America is #1!

Well when you look at the numbers, not really…

America is:

• 27th in gender equality in the world.
  • 24th in healthy life expectancy
  • Around 25th on education (depending on subject)
  • 13th on privacy
  • 23rd on quality of overall infrastructure
  • 14th in global well-being.
  • 9th on national IQ score

But we’re number one in other more important things!

• 1st in having most deaths of young people
  • 1st in most preventable deaths
  • 4th in likeliness of a terrorist attack
  • 1st in military expenditures (America spends more on their military than the next 26 countries combined. 25 of whom are allies.)
  • 1st in national debt
  • 1st in having the highest carbon dioxide emission
  • 1st in most prisoners per 100,000 people

And yet people are scrambling to come here, by hook or by crook, to make better lives for themselves. Why not offer to leave and give up your spot to someone who appreciates what this country stands for and has to offer?

I would have left for the Netherlands long ago if I could afford it. Besides that, I do appreciate our country, I’m just against mindlessly chanting “WE’RE #1

For first time since Depression, more Mexicans leave U.S. than enter - The Washington Post

We may be in trouble.

[quote=“Bremen, post:4, topic:35970”]
For first time since Depression, more Mexicans leave U.S. than enter - The Washington Post

We may be in trouble.
[/quote]Really? :coffee_spray:

So we have more jobs now? :rofl:

That myth about “they took our jooobs” is one of the most annoying, betraying a limited understanding of economics and a severe lack of commitment to free market solutions.

Yea I agree.

Southpark - They Took Our Job! - YouTube

You think?

Why do you think some of us waste so much time trying to impress numbnuts about the importance of OPPOSING Obama, not just indulging in narcissism and enabling his re-election?

I give Obama full credit for effectively solving the illegal immigration problem - by blowing the economy to hell.

He did solve it alright.

[quote=“Jazzhead, post:2, topic:35970”]
And yet people are scrambling to come here, by hook or by crook, to make better lives for themselves. Why not offer to leave and give up your spot to someone who appreciates what this country stands for and has to offer?
[/quote]This. America has some problems, but you won’t find a country in the world without them. Main reasons I love America:

1. Hottest women in the world.
  2. Funniest/coolest people in the world
  3. Even our poor people are rich by the standards of %90 of the planet
  4. Most innovative/creative country in the world
  5. It produced me, proving it’s awesome :cool:

1: I disagree.
2: Also disagree.
3: Correct here.
4: Again disagree.
5: Meh.

[quote=“Bremen, post:6, topic:35970”]
Yea I agree.

Southpark - They Took Our Job! - YouTube
[/quote]I knew you would know this one hehe

[quote=“TheNotRepublican, post:10, topic:35970”]
1: I disagree.
2: Also disagree.
3: Correct here.
4: Again disagree.
5: Meh.
[/quote]Zzzzzzzzzz

Grow a sense of humor :stuck_out_tongue:

You clearly have never been to Russia.

Yea Russia. Why are there so many? The Russian men look at Kate Upton and say, “Meh back in mother Russia she looks like dog”.

Most of it appears to be genetics. The rest is that they don’t stuff burgers, fried chicken and soda into their faces. Also, the level of car ownership here is relatively low, so they walk almost everywhere the metro doesn’t take them.

Eastern Europe is good generally but Russia and the Ukraine are the mother lode. The amount of hot women here is staggering. I’m living in St. Petersburg at the moment and I’ve never had so much fun just walking down the street. There is female eye candy simply everywhere.

What is it like in St. petersburg? Do you like it?

Yes, I like it a lot. Russia still has a real air of mystery about it, even though they are rapidly becoming more and more like the west, especially in places like St. Petersburg and Moscow. People are starting to get credit cards and becoming slaves to debt. Consumerism is on the rise, and Russians now have access to all the electronics and gadgets we do in the west such as iPhones, iPads and big screen TVs, even though their living standards are somewhat lower. Average monthly wage here is around US$1,000 to US$1,500.

I lived here for seven and a half months last year and I’ll be here until just before Christmas this time. St. Petersburg is a very beautiful city. The airport code is still LED for Leningrad and statues of Lenin are still dotted around the city and his face shows up here and there in various metro stations. Russians seem reluctant to rid themselves of all the artifacts of their 20th century history entirely, although Stalin is nowhere to be seen.

The city is unique in its architectural beauty and easily compares to Paris and Rome. Highlights are Palace Square, Hermitage Museum, Nevsky Prospekt, St. Issac’s cathedral, The Church of Our Savior on Spilled Blood, Kazan Cathedral. Actually, there is too much here to mention. Definitely worth visiting if you’re the sort of person who loves to travel. I rate the Hermitage over the Louvre, which makes it the finest museum/art gallery in the world IMO.

Sounds like a great place to visit.

Russia’s definitely high on my list of places I’d like to visit.

Just dont visit it as part of an all female punk band protesting theocracy

[quote=“UNTRugby, post:19, topic:35970”]
Just dont visit it as part of an all female punk band protesting theocracy
[/quote]Yeah, no kidding.

And careful holding Bible studies in Arizona.