An Early Casualty From California's New Cap And Trade Law

Ahh I left the mary jane part in because I wanted to mention the ridiculousness, and you know it would be funny if this were a black comedy and not your actual life!! however i forgot

How can California legally prevent people from bringing in machinery from other states that doesn’t comply with their cap and trade law?

Maybe others have responded along the same lines, but:

• If it’s an on-road truck that requires license and registration, through that process. Additionally, if it’s used commercially, through business licenses as well;

• If it’s off-road and used commercially, like a grader or generator, through business licenses, work-site inspectors and busybodies’ reports;

• If it’s off-road and used on a farm, like a Caterpillar or a combine, through business licenses, sheriffs (while being moved from field to field by road) and busybodies’ reports.

So you can bring it in - whatever “it” is. The rub comes when you try to use it.

… but we still have the country’s highest unemployment rate …

I’d guess that the tourist-dependent industries are a big chunk of that … also the housing bubble hit the Vegas area pretty hard. But when things start turning around economically, CA’s lunatic Enviro-laws will still hobble CA businesses. And the fruitcakes are running CA’s legislature, statewide offices and Governor’s office, unchecked except where their greed and tyrannous ambitions collide.

Maybe others have responded along the same lines, but:

• If it’s an on-road truck that requires license and registration, through that process. Additionally, if it’s used commercially, through business licenses as well;

• If it’s off-road and used commercially, like a grader or generator, through business licenses, work-site inspectors and busybodies’ reports;

• If it’s off-road and used on a farm, like a Caterpillar or a combine, through business licenses, sheriffs (while being moved from field to field by road) and busybodies’ reports.

So you can bring it in - whatever “it” is. The rub comes when you try to use it.

It is funny how the interstate commerce clause only applies if the federal government wants to subjugate all of the citizens of the country into slavery but when it comes to the actual power of the law there is no enforcement as long as it is for a communist cause.

When it comes to Christian love, remember that also includes justice.

RET,

This is the exact same reasoning that leads me to believe that ALL CPS caseworkers and ALL organizations/people that support their mission including family court judges are outright evil. I realize that there may be some good people in the mix but, they have done little to make it right. On an individual basis, I must see evidence to the contrary of my belief before I believe otherwise.

Until one actually knows families that were NEEDLESSLY destroyed by these evil people via the secrecy of the family court system, it’s very easy for the observer to sit back and ASSume that they must have done something wrong.

I didn’t laugh at you. The laugh was in appreciation of what you said about how you wouldn’t be a Christian, you would be Christ.

I think you may have mistaken my tone, because I wasn’t being hateful (which is what 2cent said). I was musing about how I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone (Christian or non-Christian) do that whole “turn the other cheek” thing. Ever. But I didn’t post it, because I didn’t want to offend the Christians on this site, or jack the thread. =P

Thirdly, my father is a small business owner and I live in the state with the highest unemployment rate in the country, so don’t act like I don’t understand the severity of this. =P But my mother is a liberal. I let people walk all over me sometimes, but I would be despicable if I let someone say something like that about her without standing up for her at all.

No. I won’t apologize unless he apologizes. It wasn’t a hateful thing at all to post, 2cent, especially if you knew our history. This is the guy who told me that everyone can always control their feelings because feelings come from thoughts and decide what to think. He of all people has no excuse to say something like that.

I listen to him, and others on this site, say terrible things all the time about liberals and judges and people who just happen to be my family. But he went too far this time. I’d be a horrible daughter if I let that pass.

I wonder what Moonbeam will do when he runs out of taxpayers?..

I wonder what Moonbeam will do when he runs out of taxpayers?..

He’ll probably try to redistribute the property and then require certain citizens to farm etc. and redistribute all of the goods produced.

That is the ultimate goal of every communist.