An Introduction

1. What state do you vote in?
    California
  2. Are you, or were you ever a member of the armed forces?
    No
  3. Does your username have any meaning?
    I invite you to try to find meaning in it, but you will almost certainly fail.
  4. What are 3 or more of your favorite books (not necessarily in order)?
    L’etranger(The Stranger), The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, Catch 22
  5. What is the most important topic for you in the next election?
    The election of a candidate.
  6. How long have you been lurking around the forums before signing up?
    A few days.

And our younger members would like to know:
7) What is your favorite music?
John Cage 4’33’'
8) What galaxy are you from? (it’s not good enough we know the state of mind you’re in.)
Likely this one.
9) What are your favorite video games?
**Dig Dug

Field: Majoring in Computer Engineering
Policical Viewpoints: I do not identify as a Republican or a Democrat. The former I disagree with largely on matters of human behavior legislation and the latter I disagree with for their policies that contribute to disincentivizing the poor. I identify as a moderate. I am more than happy to give specifics on any of my beliefs (though I warn you, I have little tolerance for excessive usage of rhetorical fallacies).

Dig Dug is still popular?

Not in the slightest.

Welcome to RO. Just read your survey, looking forward to your participation.

Computer Engineering is a broad field. What do you aspire to do with that degree?

I entered into the program primarily interested in software, but I felt like also having a firm grasp of the hardware side of things would only serve to broaden my possible career choices.

Good choice. I recommend taking electives in business school as well so you can relate with business/marketing types. That formula has worked very well for me.

I am required to take some business-related electives in my program. If I can take any additional ones without delaying my graduation, I most likely will.

[quote=“that_was_a_puppy, post:7, topic:39189”]
I am required to take some business-related electives in my program. If I can take any additional ones without delaying my graduation, I most likely will.
[/quote]Yeah, I’m an old programmer, and my original courses were taken at a community college. While the 4 year schools (I already had a degree in a different field) were still keeping all computer training of any kind in the science department, the 2-year schools thought programming belonged in the business dept. As a result, most of the students, when they got into the business world, were better prepared than those who were trained as though computers were used only for scientific applications.

Scientific and control applications is all that I ever used to program. The languages that I used were gear toward that…Fortran, Pascal, PLM51, and Assembler.

Welcome, enjoy the site. Be sure to fill out the Survey, under your post count in your post headers.
Also, be sure to read the Survival Guide:
http://www.republicanoperative.com/forums/f11/guide-surviving-ro-8270/