An Oldee but goodee

During a 2010 hearing on a plan to transfer thousands of Marines to the small island of Guam, Rep. Hank Johnson (D-Ga.) had some concerns. Said he, “My fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize.” Now, that’s what I appreciate, a public servant who can think outside the box.

FC was talking tongue-in-cheek about several things today, and he said something to the effect that Guam is listing . . .

LOL… there are a lot of those out there.

Pelosi has had some of the best.

“Every week we don’t pass a Stimulus package, 500 million Americans lose their jobs.”
”Unemployment benefits are creating jobs faster than practically any other program.”
”We have to pass the (health care) bill so you can find out what is in it.”
”I believe in natural gas as a clean, cheap alternative to fossil fuels.”
”What we’re trying to do is save the world from the Republican budget. We’re trying to save life on this planet as we know it today.”

At one time unemployment was not taxable so in essence the government takes a bite once again from income.

He probably said that as a joke, no?

If he was being serious…I mean…I don’t know what to say really. I have one politician that beats any, that of Rob Ford. Check out his top 50 quotes from this site. These were in one year (2013)!:

Ah yes, Rob Ford - the Canadian Donald Trump.

Hah, honestly Jazzhead he was worse in terms of what he said. Ironically, he could probably govern better than Donald…

I don’t think so; there are plenty of stupid people in Congress.

No, he was quite serious at the time. I believe it was an Admiral who he asked during an armed services committee.

Sheila Jackson Lee is another one - “Today, we have two Vietnams, side by side, North and South, exchanging and working. We may not agree with all that North Vietnam is doing, but they are living in peace”

She was at the Johnson Space Center in Houston (her district) when the Mars landrover landed. She asked; "Is it gonna go to where the astronauts planted the flag?”

^she’s on the science committee.