An Open Letter To President Obama on Immigration & Climate

TheOath of Office for President of the United States which you took (twice) on January 20, 2009 and again on January 20, 2013 from** US Constitution, Article II, Section 1:

[LIST]
[*]“I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States.”
[/LIST]

The oath is to the United States, and not to the world. I’m sorry, your responsibilities are to make the U.S. a better place. That does involve helping its allies. In recent months you have:

[LIST=1]
[*]Rejected the Keystone XL Pipeline for the benefit of the “world” on “climate change” even though it negatively impacts U.S. economic interests and those of a close ally, Canada President Rejects Keystone Pipeline Involving Climate, in furtherance of the interests of China, whose unchecked emissions make any deal a total waste of time, see China Burns Much More Coal Than Reported, Complicating Climate Talks.

[]Entered a unilateral treaty giving Iran $140,000,000,000 in exchange for very little or nothing;
[
]Agreed to accept large numbers of refugees from countries whose populations will not readily meld into the U.S.'s;
[]Sought to end deportation of illegal immigrants, in effect opening our doors and welfare benefits to all;
[
]Pressured close ally Israel to surrender land so that it’s nine miles wide at its point of thickest habitation; and
[*]Agreed with regard to climate to allow China to increase its emissions through 2030 whereas the U.S. has to cut emissions drastically by 2026.
[/LIST]

You may verily believe that the world is a troubled place and the affluent U.S. can help. But lets get one thing clear; you are the U.S.'s and not the world’s President. Your duties run to us.

If you believe we should do more, at least go to the elected Congress. Instead, on each of the above issues you sidestepped Congress by “executive orders.” Fortunately on Item #4, relating to deportations the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals has temporarily stopped you. The Courts are unlikely to intrude in the other areas, relating to foreign policy.

Mr. President, please do your job.

Respectfully,

JBG

And, in the on deck circle:

Illegally transfer Guantanamo detainees to the United States. After the illegal transfer I fear he will find some way to give Guantanamo to Castro.

Obama has 14 months of unconstrained rule by decree to look forward to. Occasional pushback from the Judiciary which has no enforcement power. No opposition from the GOP-democrat ruling coalition in the Congress. The United States is effectively a Banana Republic. These next 14 months are going to be a Reign of Terror and many of his actions will be effectively irreversible.

I hold Republican Congressional Leadership as responsible as Obama himself.

Damn straight, in spades. Hang 'em all.

Exa

[quote=“old_dog, post:2, topic:47647”]
And, in the on deck circle:

Illegally transfer Guantanamo detainees to the United States. After the illegal transfer I fear he will find some way to give Guantanamo to Castro.

Obama has 14 months of unconstrained rule by decree to look forward to. Occasional pushback from the Judiciary which has no enforcement power. No opposition from the GOP-democrat ruling coalition in the Congress. The United States is effectively a Banana Republic. These next 14 months are going to be a Reign of Terror and many of his actions will be effectively irreversible.

I hold Republican Congressional Leadership as responsible as Obama himself.
[/quote]Exactly the point Cruz has been making. One of the reasons why I’m supporting Cruz and why I formed the Facebook group Liberal Democrats for Cruz.

It is true while the democrats held sway the GOP really did not fight and with republican leadership in both the House and the Senate in control I still see the GOP letting obama rule. Ryan still has to prove to me he will work with all the republican members as well as work to get democrats on board.