An open letter to will ferrell

AN OPEN LETTER TO WILL FERRELL
Patti Davis
booksbypattidavis.com
4/28/16

I saw the news bulletin — as did everyone — that you intend to portray my father in the throes of Alzheimer’s for a comedy that you are also producing. Perhaps you have managed to retain some ignorance about Alzheimer’s and other versions of dementia. Perhaps if you knew more, you would not find the subject humorous.

Alzheimer’s doesn’t care if you are President of the United States or a dockworker. It steals what is most precious to a human being — memories, connections, the familiar landmarks of a lifetime that we all come to rely on to hold our place secure in this world and keep us linked to those we have come to know and love. …

Alzheimer’s is the ultimate pirate, pillaging a person’s life and leaving an empty landscape behind. It sweeps up entire families, forcing everyone to claw their way through overwhelming grief, confusion, helplessness, and anger. Perhaps for your comedy you would like to visit some dementia facilities. I have — I didn’t find anything comedic there, and my hope would be that if you’re a decent human being, you wouldn’t either.

I doubt Will Ferrell is “a decent human being”. So much so that I think this is an expression of hatred intended to inflict pain on Reagan’s children for daring to be born and still alive. So much so that I think Ferrell will read Patti Davis’ letter aloud at his next recreational chemicals party, for laughs.

This movie is a near certain bomb, so I hope lots of Hollyweird investors dump their $$ into it and some big studio picks it up and distributes it. They need to lose lots and lots of $$! And Ferrell needs to go the way of the Ditzy Tricks!

I never really thought of Will Farrell as being a funny person. Humorous perhaps, but not funny. He never grew up and out of his SNL days where he was a very good mimic. This is not mimicry, it is pure slander. But alas letters like Patti Davis is water off a duck’s back. Sadly this is just another example of Hollywood idea of taste. If you collectively measure the common sense IQ of Hollywood, it probably ranks right above coal. And for you folks here that love to watch movies? just think YOU encourage these Jellobrains. Happy Now?

This isn’t very PC. What’s next, making jokes about gay people, or women? Unacceptable.
How will we ever rid the world of things like racial oppression and rape culture when things like this pervade society?

An update: Will Ferrell Walks Away From Controversial Reagan Project

I’ll give him half a kudo, but no more. Realizing something is career poison is a far cry from realizing something is reprehensible and telling the person who proposed it where to go, how to get there, and drawing them a map.

wasn’t he the producer?