• Bear wrestling matches are prohibited.
• You cannot chain your alligator to a fire hydrant.
• Fairbanks: It is considered an offense to feed alcoholic beverages to a moose.
• It is considered an offense to push a live moose out of a moving airplane.
• Kangaroos are not allowed in barber shops at any time.
• Moose may not be viewed from an airplane.
• Donkeys cannot sleep in bathtubs.
• Alligators may not be kept in bathtubs.
• In California you may not set a mouse trap without a hunting license.
• Molesting butterflies can result in a $500 fine.
• In Connecticut any dogs with tattoos must be reported to the police.
• You may not educate dogs.
• Having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal.
• If an elephant is left tied to a parking meter, the parking fee has to be paid just as it would for a vehicle.
• Key West: Chickens are considered a ‘protected species’.
• Atlanta: Against the law to tie a giraffe to a telephone pole or street lamp.
• Columbus: Can’t cut off a chicken’s head on Sunday; It is illegal to carry a chicken by it’s feet down Broadway on Sunday.
• Donkeys may not be kept in bathtubs.
• In Quitman, It is illegal for a chicken to cross the road.
• Boise: Residents may not fish from a giraffe’s back.
• You may not fish on a camel’s back.
• Chicago: It is illegal to give a dog whiskey
• In Illinois, it is illegal for anyone to give lighted cigars to dogs, cats, and other domesticated animal kept as pets.
• It is against the law for a monster to enter the corporate limits of Urbana, Illinois.
• Kenilworth: A rooster must step back three hundred feet from any residence if he wishes to crow; Hens that wish to cackle must step two hundred feet back from any residence.
• Kirkland: Bees are not allowed to fly over the village or through any of Kirkland’s streets.
• Normal: It is against the law to make faces at dogs.
• A person who dyes, stains, or otherwise alters the natural coloring of a bird or rabbit commits a Class B misdemeanor. (Ind. Code 15-2.1-21-13(b)
• In South Bend, Indiana, it is illegal to make a monkey smoke a cigarette…
• It is illegal to catch bullfrogs in a tomato patch.
• It is illegal to hunt whales.
• Rabbits may not be shot from motorboats.
• The state game rule prohibits the use of mules to hunt ducks.
• It is illegal to shoot game out of the window of a moving vehicle, with the exception of a whale
• New Orleans: You may not tie an alligator to a fire hydrant.
• In Baltimore it is illegal to mistreat oysters.
• In Baltimore, Maryland, it is illegal to take a lion to the movies.
• It is illegal for any citizen to own more than three dogs.
• It is illegal to frighten a pigeon.
• It’s illegal to keep a mule on the second floor of a building not in a city unless there are 2 exits.
• It’s illegal to sell fewer than 24 ducklings at a time before May 1, or to sell rabbits, chicks, or ducklings that have been painted a different color.
• It’s illegal to take a lion to the movies.
• No gorilla is allowed in the back seat of any car.
• There is a Massachusetts law requiring all dogs to have their hind legs tied during the month of April.
• In Clawson, Mich., there is a law that makes it LEGAL for a farmer to sleep with his pigs, cows, horses, goats, and chickens.
• Detroit: You cannot chain your alligator to a fire hydrant.
• A person may not cross state lines with a duck atop his head.
• Citizens may not enter Wisconsin with a chicken on their head.
• Harper Woods: It is illegal to paint sparrows to sell them as parakeets.
• Hibbing: It shall be the duty of any policeman or any other officer to enforce the provisions of this Section, and if any cat is found running at large, or which is found in any street, alley or public place, it shall be the duty of any policeman or other officer of the city to kill such cat.
• In Duluth, Minnesota it is illegal to allow animals to sleep in a bakery.
• In Minnesota, it’s illegal to tease skunks. (As if being sprayed weren’t enough of a deterrent.)
• There is a 10 cent bounty for each rat’s head brought into a town office.
• Virginia: You’re not allowed to park your elephant on Main Street.
• Wayland: Anyone can keep their cow on Main Street downtown at a cost of 3 cents per day.
• Horses are not to be housed within 50 feet of any road.
• In Temperance, MS, you can’t walk a dog without dressing it in diapers.
• Natchez: It shall be unlawful to provide beer or other intoxicants to elephants.
• It is illegal to have a sheep in the cab of your truck without a chaperone.
• It is Illegal to go whale fishing.
• It is illegal to drive a camel on the highway.
• Any cattle that crosses state roads must be fitted with a device to gather its feces.
• Cresskill: All cats must wear three bells to warn birds of their whereabouts.
• In New Jersey it is illegal to delay or detain a homing pigeon.
• Manville: It is illegal to offer whiskey or cigarettes to animals a the local zoo.
• There is no horse racing allowed on the New Jersey Turnpike.
• Donkeys are not allowed to sleep in bathtubs in Brooklyn, N.Y.
• In New York, you can teach your pet parrot to speak, but not to squawk.
• In New York State it is still illegal to shoot a rabbit from a moving trolley car
• Barber: Fights between cats and dogs are prohibited.
• Elephants may not be used to plow cotton fields.
• Rocky Mount: It is required that you must pay a property tax on your dog.
• Tryon, N.C., It’s against the law for anyone to keep “fowl that shall cackle.”
• In North Dakota it is illegal to keep an elk in a sandbox in your backyard.
• In Waverly you better not let your horse near the tub, since horses are prohibited from sleeping in them, as well as in the house.
• According to Ohio law, it’s against the law to kill a housefly within 160 feet of a church without a license.
• A policeman may bite a dog to quiet him. However, the reverse is not true, even if it’s a police dog.
• Cars are not allowed to scare horses in Centerville, Ohio.
• Cleveland: It’s illegal to catch mice without a hunting license!
• In Marysville, Ohio it is illegal for a dog to urinate on a parking meter.
• It is legal to throw a snake at someone but it is illegal to shake a snake at someone
• Lowell: It is unlawful to run a horse over five miles per hour.
• McDonald: Your goose may not paraded down Main Street.
• Owners of tigers must notify authorities within one hour if the tiger escapes.
• Dogs must have a permit signed by the mayor in order to congregate in groups of three or more on private property.
• Fish may not be contained in fishbowls while on a public bus.
• In Broken Arrow, Oklahoma pigs less than 32 inches in length may be kept as pets provided there are no more than two in a house.
• It is illegal to have the hind legs of farm animals in your boots.
• One may not promote a “horse tripping event”.
• People who make “ugly faces” at dogs may be fined and/or jailed.
• Whale hunting is strictly prohibitted throughout the entire state of Oklahoma.
• Wynona: Mules may not drink out of bird baths.
• Myrtle Creek: One may not box with a kangaroo.
• Stanfield: It is against the law for animals to have sex in the city limits.
• Any motorist who sights a team of horses coming toward him must pull well off the road, cover his car with a blanket or canvas that blends with the countryside, and let the horses pass. If the horses appear skittish, the motorist must take his car apart, piece by piece, and hide it under the nearest bushes.
• Pittsburgh: It is still illegal to bring a donkey or a mule onto a trolley car.
• In Scituate, Rhode Island it is illegal to keep a flock of chickens in your motorhome if you live in a trailer park.
• Riding a horse over any public highway for the purpose of racing, or testing the speed of the horse is illegal. Penalty: Maximum $20 fine and imprisonment for 10 days.
• Fountain Inn: Horses are to wear pants at all times.
• Horses may not be kept in bathtubs.
• Any person crippling, killing or in any way destroying a proud bitch that is running at large shall not be held liable for the damages due to such killing or destruction.
• In Tennessee it is illegal to use a lasso to catch fish.
• It’s illegal for frogs to croak after 11 PM.
• You can’t shoot any game other than whales from a moving automobile.
• In Corpus Christie it is illegal to raise alligators in your home.
• In Kingsville, there is a law against two pigs having sex on the city’s airport property.
• In Texas it’s legal for a chicken to have sex with you, but it’s illegal to reciprocate.
• It is illegal to milk another person’s cow.
• It is illegal for one to shoot a buffalo from the second story of a hotel.
• Temple: You can ride your horse in the saloon. Cattle thieves may be hanged on the spot.
• Birds have the right of way on all highways.
• It is considered an offense to hunt whales.
• It is illegal to tie a giraffe to a telephone pole.
• Culpeper: No one may wash a mule on the sidewalk.
• Norfolk: Spitting on a sea gull is not tolerated.
• In the state of Washington it’s illegal to catch a fish by throwing a rock at it.
• It’s illegal in Wilbur, Washington, to ride an ugly horse.
• Alderson: One may not walk a lion, tiger or leopard, even on a leash.
• It is against the law for men to have sex with any animal over 40 pounds in weight.
• It is unlawful for chickens to lay eggs before 8AM and after 4PM.
• In Wyoming it is illegal to tattoo a horse with the intent of making it unrecognizable to its owner.
• You may not take a picture of a rabbit during the month of June.