Anonymous Suggestion

In order to avoid vicious attacks on particular users, I propose a “Post Anonymously” feature so that only admins know who you are if you choose.

If you can’t stand for what you believe in then you have no right to voice your opinion … anonymously or otherwise!

We have some very liberal posters here whom I respect because they don’t hide!:fuming:

We also have great mods who do NOT allow “vicious attacks”.:banghead:

7 Likes

Why?? Do you want to attack users anonymously?

6 Likes

While I understand the issue of posting something anonymously, I’d like to claim my posts and do it fair and square.

I believe we all need to take responsibility for whatever we do. However, if there’s an issue, you could just PM the moderators and PMs are always private, no matter what. They can handle whatever is wrong.

Purrs,
Tigger

5 Likes

BTW: Unless your real world name is Americarnage, I’d say that you have as much anonymity as you could possibly need?:noclue:

3 Likes

I like having a reason to drop the ban hammer upon bad posters’ heads.

Therefore, I do not support this idea.

6 Likes

HEY!! Something just fell on my head. Ok, [MENTION=8612]Devilneck[/MENTION]! It’s on now, buddy!

:beerchug:

:coffee_spray::coffee_spray::coffee_spray::coffee_spray:

1 Like

I see no reason to post an opinion that I am so ashamed of that I don’t want anyone to know I posted it, in fact I am proud of my opinions and I want credit/blame for each and every one of the them.

4 Likes

Thank you, sir. I feel the same.

I hope you and yours are well and happy tonight.

Purrs,
Tigger

1 Like

All of this is already anonymous, mostly.

It is because we use screen names. I’ll be more than happy to tell you who I am in a PM. You’d be disappointed, because except for the screen name, I’m just me.

Purrs,
Tigger

1 Like

One of the aims of the rules on this site is to prevent vicious attacks on someone else. The last thing we need is any more anonymity than is provided by screen names.

1 Like

If no one knows you posted it they can’t attack you, now can they?

Why do you want to do that anyway? Are you afraid to voice your opinion for fear someone will attack you?

2 Likes

The suggestion of anonymity smacks of an ulterior motive. Believe me, there are few here who are afraid to voice their opposition to another member’s opinions. And, there is a greater reason here for opposing this suggestion and that is the virtue of honesty which we are poorly in need of in our country, especially in the realm of politics. As some of the members stated, the internet is based on anonymity.

1 Like

No one knows you posted this. No one here knows you as far as I know. What are you saying? Are you scared folks are going to attack you while knowing only your screen name?

I was taught and believe if you cannot look a man in the eye when you tell him anything then you are either gutless or you need to reevaluate what you intended to say.

Guess its the cowboy in me that says you shoot it out on the street, looking a man in the eye rather than hiding somewhere and shooting him in the back.

I always believed the military Efficiency Report system was flawed as you did not have to sit them down across from you at your desk and go thru it line by line, I did for all the ER’s I wrote, but lots of officers just waited on DCSPER to send you your copy…

3 Likes

I was a latecomer to this. I think we have gotten a long way from looking someone in the eye to speak to them, and we don’t realize that when we don’t, it’s usually because we’re ashamed of what we’re saying.

That, of course, doesn’t work for some people; many politicians, lawyers, and others can look you straight in the eye and lie through their teeth because they either don’t have a sense of shame or they’ve buried it down deep.

4 Likes