Another census!

Anyone else get another census? This really frosts me! It appears that the morons in DC gave them a bit of power with this one.

American Community Survey: Tell all or be fined[LEFT]Al Maurer
COLORADO SPRINGS, **Co., December 2, 2012 ― In America today, tell the government anything it wants to know or be fined. I know because I was one of those targeted this year.

It all began when I received an ACS form in the mail. It was titled “Census 2010.” I’d already answered the 2010 census, so I threw it away. First mistake.

A month or so later I got a phone call. Someone from The Census Bureau: “You didn’t return your census form. We know you got it. It’s mandatory.” When he asked whether I intended to return the form, I said no. Second mistake.

I was transferred to someone else who politely asked why I didn’t want to return the form. When I said the Constitution only requires a decentennial census and that I’d answered that one, she proceeded to quote me Title 13, U.S. Code, Sections 141 and 193 … blah, blah, blah. I could see we weren’t getting anywhere, so I hung up. Third mistake.

It appears that Congress, in its finite wisdom, passed laws that require citizens to divulge any information the Census Bureau asks for and attaches a fine of $5000 if one fails to comply … sort of. It turns out that the $5000 fine only applies on conviction of a criminal offense related to this census—the “normal” fine for non-compliance is only $500.
[COLOR=#000000]
Read more: American Community Survey: Tell all or be fined | Washington Times Communities[/COLOR][/LEFT]
[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
Follow us: @wtcommunities on Twitter
[/COLOR][/LEFT]

I’ve had two of them so far. I just put the bare minimum down.

I have not heard of this one and I would question it’s need. What happened to American privacy? Has anyone actually looked up the sections cited?

Trash it

Found this. I think I will take this route.

To Whom it May Concern,

Pursuant to Article I, Section 2, Clause 3 of the Constitution, the only information you are empowered to request is the total number of occupants at this address.   My “name, sex, age, date of birth, race, ethnicity, telephone number, relationship and housing tenure” have absolutely nothing to do with apportioning direct taxes or determining the number of representatives in the House of Representatives.  Therefore, neither Congress nor the Census Bureau have the constitutional authority to make that information request a component of the enumeration outlined in Article I, Section 2, Clause 3.  In addition, I cannot be subject to a fine for basing my conduct on the Constitution because that document trumps laws passed by Congress.

Interstate Commerce Commission v. Brimson, 154 U.S. 447, 479 (May 26, 1894)

“Neither branch of the legislative department [House of Representatives or Senate], still less any merely administrative body [such as the Census Bureau], established by congress, possesses, or can be invested with, a general power of making inquiry into the private affairs of the citizen. Kilbourn v. Thompson, 103 U.S. 168, 190.  We said in Boyd v. U.S., 116 U. S. 616, 630, 6 Sup. Ct. 524,―and it cannot be too often repeated,―that the principles that embody the essence of constitutional liberty and security forbid all invasions on the part of government and it’s employees of the sanctity of a man’s home and the privacies of his life.  As said by Mr. Justice Field in Re Pacific Ry. Commission, 32 Fed. 241, 250, ‘of all the rights of the citizen, few are of greater importance or more essential to his peace and happiness than the right of personal security, and that involves, not merely protection of his person from assault, but exemption of his private affairs, books, and papers from inspection and scrutiny of others.  Without the enjoyment of this right, all others would lose half their value.’”

Note: This United States Supreme Court case has never been overturned.

Respectfully,

A Citizen of the United States of America

http://www.truthistreason.net/how-to-legally-refuse-to-participate-in-the-census-survey

I didn’t comment; I just reported the number of individuals.

I smell a scam, a company pretending to distribute a census in order to gather information, health insurance information it sounds like. The 2010 census was nothing like what is described here.

It’s not a scam. It’s much more personal than the census where I got away with saying only two people lived here and our race was human.

American Community Survey Main - U.S. Census Bureau

“I never received your census; there has been a rash of mailbox robberies by teenagers in recent months”