Anti-Feminist Rant by a MOM

This rant is classic. WARNING some language may be offensive to some here.
Here’s the end…but read the whole thing!

"
This is the gift that feminism has given to you – Independence. Scary, lonely, bitter, potentially impoverished Independence. For yourselves and for any children you may have. Most of you won’t blame feminism though; you’ll blame Male Privilege (which doesn’t exist.) You’ll blame The Patriarchy (which always gave women a far better deal than it gave men.) You will stamp your feet, flip your hair, and blame *anything *except the single cultural force that has devoted itself to suppressing and controlling masculinity. And you’ll go home alone every night to your cats, your Facebook Friends, and your vibrator. I sure hope that’s what you want.

Sincerely,
                                                                                               A Mom

Shining Pearls of Something: Anonymous Letter

You were raised in a culture that permits, even encourages, women and girls to always push for more. Not necessarily to do more or earn more, but to demand more and to expect more.

Everyone does this to an extend. Higher wages, lower taxes, etc. And historically with women making less than men in similar positions, it makes sense for women to push for more.

You were raised to be a slut, at least through your twenties. Go to College. Establish a Career. Don’t get married until your late twenties or early thirties, but DO NOT, under any circumstances, repress your sexuality.

I would say this is more of a problem with women in our culture in general. They are taught to be submissive to men, and men take the role of hunting women, and so women make themselves available. People eventually grow out of this, but in high school and college and so forth, young women are pressured a lot to make themselves available sexually, by the media and by society. Honestly, who do you think is encourage sluts at college parties? It’s the men, and the women are pressured to go along with it (and alcohol doesn’t help). Anyway, it’s sure not feminism, and being a slut and expressing yourself sexually are most definitely not the same thing.

And since you’re not looking for a husband, there’s no need to sleep with only “good” men, is there? ‘Cuz badboyz are hawt! And nice guys are boring.

What? Again, not restricted to feminism. But badboyz are hawt, nice boys are not is more aptly phrased as confident men are hot. And in their early 20s, most of the men who come off as confident are the ones who are rebellious or maybe a little dangerous. Most women grow out of it though, and this is again more of a problem of society that has been around for a long time. Who were to hot guys in the 60s, 70s, 80s? The same bad boys. See Grease or The Breakfast Club.

Blah, the whole thing is an analysis of the minority of teen and college girls in general, and not feminism, so a response is sort of pointless, and I’m tired of reading it. Bottom line, the person writing it doesn’t know what feminism is, and apparently has run into the “faux-feminists” who do spout off stupid “grrl power” stuff, but true feminism is about equality between genders, which historically, I think we can agree, has not been around. Most of these things are problems with society in general, and young men and women especially, not feminism. If we want girls to stop acting like this, we need to teach them to be independent, and not that they are toys for boys so that they don’t slut themselves up and become prey to be hunted down, which is what a lot of women are taught by society and the media. Feminism should be seen as a solution to this problem, not a cause.

Sounds like Mom is unhappily married and bitter. She also has a very strange attraction to her own son.

“he’s kind of hot and his potential is quite obvious, if I do say so myself. He’s only 20, handsome and well-built, and when he lets his hair grow long, it’s thick and wavy. He has his father’s beautiful eyes, and my dimples look much better on him than they ever did on me.”

Mom seems to have more hangups and issues than the girls she’s writing about. lol

Talk about grasping at straws.

Sounds like Cactus Jack is being her predictable, anti-parent, anti-family self.

Its hard to follow a thread when half the people are on ignore.

[quote=“Dacabeti, post:5, topic:36133”]
Its hard to follow a thread when half the people are on ignore.
[/quote]I have seen entire threads that I couldn’t see. I think it’s funny.

[quote=“JStang, post:6, topic:36133”]
I have seen entire threads that I couldn’t see. I think it’s funny.
[/quote]I have had that experience myself

You guys are better off with blogs, with comments turned off. That way you can create your own personalized dogma echo chamber where the only voice you hear is your own, which seems to be exactly what you all want.

As for Conservative Libertarian, he claims to have me on ignore but responds to many of my posts. I think he has an unhealthy obsession with me. lol

What a strange thing to say. The mom has been happily married to the dad for a quarter of a century. The mom is not terribly surprised to find that you are suspicious of an honest compliment to a male. These days, most compliments to males are backhanded at best, which might have something to do with a culture that sells little girls t-shirts which say: “Boys are dumb. Throw rocks at them.”

The mom thanks you for so nicely illustrating her point.

You were raised to be a slut, at least through your twenties. Go to College. Establish a Career. Don’t get married until your late twenties or early thirties, but DO NOT, under any circumstances, repress your sexuality.
I give her points for using honest language.

Islam in modern times is basically a case study on what actively repressing your sexuality leads to. I’ll pass, thanks.

Sub-titled: “Will The Morons Stop Calling Rape, Rape?”

:freaked:

We see 115 pound women easily beat up 230 pound men in the movies and on television, knock them unconscious, and throw them across the room like they were rag dolls.

Heh heh, so women could get up and get those remote controls out of the hands of their husbands any time they really wanted to? “Either give me that remote control, or I’ll send you flying across the room.”

I read somewhere that regularly seeing 115 pound women beat up 230 pound men in movies and on television, was making it much harder for DAs to get rape convictions in actual rape trials. The juries here in Real World are starting to actually believe that 115 pound women really can throw 230 pound men easily across the room and whip them real good. Wonder how long before it becomes next to impossible for a DA to get a rape conviction if the guy charged is about the same size as the female claiming she was raped?

Go Feminists go! Long live the Sisterhood. They do so much good in the world, especially as advisors to Hollywood on how to “empower women” in the minds of future jury members sitting in movie audiences.

You might poo bah the whole idea, you might be thinking, “Nah, juries here in Real World are not actually that dumb.”

I would ask, "Really?!! Not that dumb?!! What about the “Man On The Street Interviews” where college students cannot even name the branches of the American government (“the Supreme Court is where Washington’s most important politicans go to play tennis”) and what about the fact that the American electorate elected Barry knowing about Reverend Wright and a lot of other highly questionable stuff as well? (and may well elect him again) What about the gorilla-level of intelligence and wisdom that was demonstrated in the recent Occupy Wall Street Movement as many thousands gave indication that they could be sold the Brooklyn Bridge for “whatever you got in your wallet right now.”

I’d bet the farm that the dude in this vid could easily come to believe (if he doesn’t already) that 115 pound women can throw 230 pound men around like they were rag dolls. I’d bet there are dozens (future jury members) in that crowd of man-child hippies milling around behind him that would have no trouble believing that (if they don’t already) after all I’d guess that the Occupy Wall Street hippies-yuppies strongly desire to believe it and wish it were true, being the good little Equalitarians that they are. /Big Huge Grin

:howler: I love this video. It speaks volumes about many things dear to my heart. When these child-men hippie-yuppies disbanded they made my days less cheerful. :freaked:

Btw, a dude named Tom who lives about two miles down the road from my house is starting the Flat Tire Men Inside The Car Anti-Sexist Society. Tom’s big point is that when on the interstate with a flat tire the men stay in the car while the women get out and change the tire. “In freezing tempertures at night the men are allowed to hold the flashlights for the females as they grope with semi-frozen fingers for the tire iron, but there is where all male physical activities ends, and social justice begins”, says Tom.

All that up there is funny stuff to be sure. :howler:

PS
I see where Hollywood is having some of its action heros beat up women and knock them unconscious and even kill them! Hey, that ought to raise the level of male respect for womanhood up a notch or two.

There is nothing that will do as much to promote Non-Gender Discrimination and Equalitarianism in the minds of Americans like seeing women being beaten up and killed by male action heros.

:howler: :howler:

I don’t have a single person on ignore. o.O

Me neither. I have the patience of patience itself.

high five

Nothing makes me happier than when someone posts something that pisses me off and I get a chance to argue. And the more they fight and struggle, the deeper they dig their hole. muahahahahahah

I’m not completely comfortable with all of, “A Mom” 's assertions or her delivery, but her larger point is not only correct; it’s obvious. One need only look at our current demographics for confirmation. I lack the time, at the moment, to expound further on that.

I confess to amusement at the posts from the usual suspects, taking the ‘nothing to see here, move along’ response…it just can’t be anything to do with feminism.

Okay, the goal was to shift the culture, women shouldn’t be dependent upon a man, and we did. Women are raised to be independent as the author asserts, often by mothers themselves forced to be independent. The feminist credo, women don’t need men, has been realized. Okay, now what? Women turn thirty, look around, and all the men are gone. They’re not really gone, but there’s a great likelihood that they’re either married or not interested in being married, many of them stuck in a prolonged adolescence they see no reason to end. There’s no need for them. Absent any need, with sex readily available without commitment, let alone marriage, the needs of men become simplified; rent, beer, cable TV. Men don’t have anything to work for that requires real work and even sacrifice. At least nothing they want that badly.

It probably sounds puritanical, because the last thing anyone can question in the age of political correctness is premarital sex, but our culture has successfully removed the single greatest motivating factor in the lives of young men; the acquisition of sex. They used to have to marry a girl to reliably access it. Again, grandma was correct; why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free? We know what that’s done for men, and we won’t hear men objecting. Women, on the other hand, just took their AAA bond rating and downgraded it to junk status. Not individually, but collectively, because we raised them to one, not ever be dependent on a man and two, save sex for marriage, but if you don’t, don’t worry about it because everybody does it.

The irony, of course, is that most women don’t want to be independent; they want a relationship with a man, with children perhaps, but certainly a relationship that involves the satisfaction from being mutually dependent upon one another. Men? They’re long gone. All they ever had to offer was hard work, the ability to being home the bacon, and do the heavy lifting. Today’s woman beings home her own bacon, and hires out the rest. Today’s man is therefore perfecting his halfback screen plays on Madden '12 versus busting his ass for some woman.

Young women, even feminists, didn’t really set out to have these results, but they could have been predicted, couldn’t they? They got sold a bill of goods. Now they’re discovering that, not only can you not have it all, if you follow the preferred cultural path, you may have a lot, but you maybe having it alone.

Great insight Sway. True true true.

Piker…

Exactly! Magnificient analysis and observations. I’m gonna print that and tape it inside my copy of Phyllis Schlafly’s *Feminist Fantasies * and send it around to my email gang too (if you don’t mind), its about time they found out who Sway is :smiley:

[quote=“gutsandcasca, post:15, topic:36133”]
high five

Nothing makes me happier than when someone posts something that pisses me off and I get a chance to argue. And the more they fight and struggle, the deeper they dig their hole. muahahahahahah
[/quote]You are only giving some people exactly what they want. Trolls should never be fed.