Antonin Scalia Has Died

Senior U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia found dead at West Texas ranch - San Antonio Express-News

Associate Justice Antonin Scalia was found dead of apparent natural causes Saturday on a luxury resort in West Texas, federal officials said.Scalia, 79, was a guest at the Cibolo Creek Ranch, a resort in the Big Bend region south of Marfa.
According to a report, Scalia arrived at the ranch on Friday and attended a private party with about 40 people. When he did not appear for breakfast, a person associated with the ranch went to his room and found a body.

U.S. District Judge Fred Biery said he was among those notified about Scalia’s death…

Rest in Peace.

Oh Lord. I pray for him, but at the same time, I pray for the nation. My Lord, the great conservative judge will be replaced by some pig appointed by the pig Obama.

Are you Cruz-heads still going to sit on your hands if Trump is nominated? See here what can happen? Damn! I am torn for my grief for the man and the anger that this pig Obama can now tip the court too far.

We cannot allow Hillary to win. We just can’t. I don’t care if the friggin GOP nominates Bugs f’ing Bunny, If they do then you better vote for Bugs and vote often!!

Oh man, this is really really bad. I didn’t even know he had any problems.

Someone on my feed just tweeted “I guess God thought it was time for him to trade in the black robe, for a white one. He will be missed!”

I just got the new from my step dad. This is the one thing I feared since Obama became President.

obama will select someone and we will have I believe six lefties on the Supreme Court

I tremble at the thought that the future of our Republic is held in the hands of the likes of Lindsey Graham, Lamar Alexander, Susan Collins and the other usual suspects.

It will be up to the Republicans in Congress to remain strong against another progressive appointee, but my thought is, they will cave.
Justice Scalia, may you Rest in Peace and my condolences to your family.

Agreed. Can you IMAGINE Mitch McConnell holding the GOP together to defeat yet ANOTHER leftist loon appointment by this criminal in the White House??? I can’t. Secondly, I wouldn’t trust Trump NOT to appoint one himself…some leftie he owes something to. Maybe even HILLARY!

I’m sure whoever is selected by Obama and fast-tracked by the Senate (can’t have vacancies on the supreme court, you know!) will cheerfully help rule the entire bill of rights unconstitutional while the GOP wrings their hands about how it couldn’t be helped, they just didn’t have the means to resist…

Bork was voted down, so there’s already precedence. Obama will have to choose carefully, or the senate will vote them down. He’s not going to get another Sotomayor or Keagan through.

CWolf; wanna bet?

McConnell will find a way to Boehner any effort.

To a Judge that was worthy of the term “Honorable” I would say well done Justice Scalia and rest in peace.

As to our likely destiny, not so good.

Conservatives have bought the spin that we must vote Republican no matter how far Left the Republican Party goes, we now have so few with character that the odds of protecting the Constitution by protecting the integrity of the Supreme Court are non existent.

Mitch McConnell is the politician with the power and the responsibility to protect the integrity of the Supreme Court, Mitch McConnell.

That is what happens when enough Conservative voters buy the “vote GOP no matter what” lie for a long enough period of time, you wake up one day and realize that you have nothing to count on but self serving, liars who rejoice at the opportunity to diminish the Constitution.

Thomas and Alito are now alone, only 2 of the 8 remaining Justices care at all what the Constitution says and the most likely person to nominate a replacement for Scalia is Obama, Clinton, Sanders or Trump; such is the destiny of any Nation that drinks the Kool-Aid of the extreme left.

With the current gop “leadership” I expect him to get the very first person he picks confirmed the same day.

Hussein will make his suggestion to the Senate as soon as he can; he will make this his #1 priority. I have no doubt that McConnel, McCain, Murkowski and the rest of the RINO’s in the Senate will grant him his liberal justice.

We are totally and royally screwed! There are two executive orders waiting to be ruled on by SCOTUS; Hussein’s e.o. on the 2nd amendment and amnesty.

Folks, you will NEVER convince me that there hasn’t been foul play. Once the newly liberal SCOTUS rules on amnesty; the DEM vote and nomination is signed and sealed. You know that they will rule in favor of Hussein on the 2nd amendment as well.

PRAY please, that the nomination of a new SCOTUS will be delayed until we are able to seat a conservative President. Pray, pray and pray.

Well, what they do will certainly tell us if they are listening to the voters or not. If the Senate Republicans don’t hold firm on this one, that will be the final straw for the rank and file GOP voters. We shall see.

I tell you what, if McConnell caves and Cruz and/or Rubio stands up with another filibuster, that would do either or both of them a world of good in this primary.

No doubt the passing the Justice Scalia was a crushing blow to us all. (I thought my heart was going to break for our country right then and there.)

At least one thing ALL agreed on in last night’s debate was that a nomination for Justice must wait until after a POTUS is elected.
As it’s been 50 years since a Justice has been nominated during a lame duck presidency, I’m going to hold out hope on history.

May one of the greatest, most revered Supreme Court Justices who ever graced our nation rest in peace.

I first heard of Justice Scalia’s passing as I sat down to watch last night’s debate. After my initial reaction, my very next thought was, “Well, that changes my vote!”

So, take heart Ret. I can’t be the only one.

The conservative/constitutional constructionist lion on the Supreme Court is dead. To say that yesterday was a bad day is a vast understatement.

The voters of Kentucky had a chance to elect a conservative in 2014 - Matt Bevin - and instead elected to return Mitch McConnell to assume his powerful leadership position in the Senate.

The voters of the United States had an opportunity to kick the radical Obama to the curb in 2012. Instead the voters elected to return the radical Leftist to the White House in order that he might continue to utilize the vestiges of power the office conveys along with those powers he has been and is willing to assume by stepping around and on the Constitution.

IF - and I do mean IF Obama chooses not to make a recess appointment (a recess appointment is a possibility) then there will no doubt be a showdown in the Mitch McConnell led Senate. What will the Senate do under McConnell? Will it for once stand up and fight? The political ramifications/possibilities that will no doubt play out and possibly influence the election of our next president this year are no doubt many and cannot be fully known or understood by any of us at this time.

While there is much here that we cannot predict, there is one thing that is certain - Obama will either recess-appoint a liberal Justice or nominate a liberal jurist and send the nomination on to the Senate.

And, yes, there is one more thing we can say with certainty - ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES.

On the (slightly) brighter side, if the Senate holds firm and does not confirm any Obama nominee then a 4/4 split on executive amnesty will leave the lower court ruling (against Obama) in place. Also, a new addition to the court would require that the Amnesty case and others would have to go back to square one and effectively delay the process, probably to the next years term.