Anybody going to watch the State of the Union speech?

Personally I stopped watching them years ago.
Frankly I have a second reason not to do so this year. I value my TV to much to destroy it looking as Obama reads off the Teleprompter more lies and he has no intention of doing.

I cannot watch that buffoon without getting a headache so I will read it afterwards.

I am looking forward to Michelle Bachmann’s speech in response for the Tea Party and Paul Ryan’s for the GOP. Mostly just to hear if anybody has figured out that the economic problem is Junk Science Enviro-Nazism.

I keep hoping I will start hearing this argument made, I keep being disappointed.

No. I don’t watch them. It’s really pointless when news is 24/7 and presidents now hold press conferences routinely.

I believe CNN is the only one covering her portion. Heard that on Rush or Church today. Don’t lose to many brain cells if you tune into that channel.

And no, I won’t watch. It will be a lot quicker to read then listen with all the jumping jacks that the Dem’s will be doing. I’m betting “Gabby” will be mentioned at least 10 times and I’m thinking the word investment will be uttered 20. All of which will require a standing “O”.

I’m sure i’ll probably have to endure at least part of it. I’m like others here. It sickens me to watch or listen to him and i dread what horrid plan he has next for us. what a bunch of idiots. I called boehner’s office this afternoon to tell him i don’t care to see pubs sitting next to dems. Their phone lines were packed. I was probably not the only caller on that particular matter.

Let me summarize the speech

Republicans are evil

I will improve the economy blah blah blah

I will cut spending while increasing it blah blah blah

We will see a new age of co-operation while I lock the republicans out blah blah blah

See I just saved you much time you can dedicate to other endeavors

add to that…I WILL CREATE JOBS.

This fool and the congressional fools don’t have the capacity to create jobs. ONLY BIGGER GOVERNMENT and MORE debt.
Everything they’ve been doing destroys jobs. What they need to do is take a 2 year vacation and leave the citizens the hell alone. WE"LL CREATE the jobs. AS USUAL!

caps for emphasis only.

Don’t forget “We pulled the economy back from the brink, now we will focus on growth” and “I inherited a huge mess”.

I hope either Ryan or Bachmann has a chalkboard behind them with the employment and debt numbers the day Obama took office and the numbers today.

In fact, a third column with the 2006 numbers (before the Demoncrat’s took Congress) would be cool as well.

I will watch it…just to see who sits with who.

yay “bi-partisanship”

I wonder if McCain and Lieberman will hold hands?

A short list of some of the Prom Dates if anyone cares.
Lawmakers to mix and mingle at State of Union speech - USATODAY.com

McCain’ll be making out with Lindseyrella Grahamnesty.

[quote=“RET423, post:8, topic:28963”]
Don’t forget “We pulled the economy back from the brink, now we will focus on growth” and “I inherited a huge mess”.

I hope either Ryan or Bachmann has a chalkboard behind them with the employment and debt numbers the day Obama took office and the numbers today.

In fact, a third column with the 2006 numbers (before the Demoncrat’s took Congress) would be cool as well.
[/quote]Works for me:banana:

I don’t know whether to laugh hysterically or sob at the State of Our Union these days. How sad is it that Nancy Pelosi turns you down for a date via Twitter?!

Pelosi Turns Down Cantor’s SOTU Invite…via Twitter | The Blaze

:yeahthat:

Anybody going to watch the State of the Union speech?

I’d rather pull my fingernails out one by one.

[quote=“Bucks, post:15, topic:28963”]
I’d rather pull my fingernails out one by one.

[/quote]Probably be more fun

I watched the whole thing. I hope he really goes through with the reorganization of all the departments.

He seemed to be trying really hard to be nice to the Republicans. He mentioned a lot of compromises he was willing to make - of course, he has to, now that there are so many of them - and when he talked about the education project, the Race to the Top thing, he said “Republican and Democratic governors” raised the standards. With “Republican” first. It might not actually mean anything, but I noticed that specifically. And he was wearing a purple tie.

One thing he mentioned that has me excited is all this talk of high-speed rails. I don’t technically support it, but I really, really, really like trains. @_@ I wish we could do it with private funding. :sad:

America don’t need no stinkeen trains.

Why not?

NOBODY RIDES THEM!!! I took trains when I worked in Philadelphia, but they had , out of necessity, to be locals. High speed is for long range, not all that practical. Also they are bird killers, energy wasters, needing massive power supplies, huge- right- of way issues, and who pays for it. Americans are fiercely independent, wanting to control their destinies ergo drive themselves to where they go.
This is strictly a union appeasement project, and the order of the day will be skyhigh cost overruns which is a union control tactic.
This whole “speech” is a con job of the highest order, and NOTHING was said about the ‘State of the Union’ until the end. Work together??? yeah right as long as the repubs agree with his agenda, and note the ‘deficit reduction’??? no reduction none nada!!! to stay at current levels is NOT cutting any deficit that I know of.
Sadly mr Ryan didn’t say a whole lot on his end. Waiting for the Bachman response, but I need to get to bed.