Anybody Sense a Pattern Here?

AP president calls on Obama to ‘rein in’ DOJ probe into wire service’s records

Report: DOJ Seized Records of Five Fox News Phone Numbers

Popular St. Louis anchor who complained about IRS harassment after interview with Obama taken off the air

Sharyl Attkisson’s computers compromised

I think the taxpayers should hire their own private investigator…or better yet, team of investigators…to investigate the US Government. We can all pay $1.00 and I think that would be adequate for all the man-hours that would be spent in getting to the bottom of everything. As for patterns…we can also hire a Criminal Profiler to tell us exactly whose fingerprints are on what scandal. Sounds fun. I’d gladly pay my dollar for that!

Me, too! But I bet there are many who wouldn’t, knowing that their “pets” would be exposed.

I see two things coming to light in this. First, and most obvious, is the Obamian war on Fox News. It started about as soon as Barack & Michelle woke up the morning after Inauguration Day (plus or minus a slice of bacon). Second, news organizations and individual reporters who are insufficiently sycophantic and dare report news unfavorable to BHO will pay for their temerity. Speaking of which, the local news anchor in St. Louis got fired. The “reason” given might have some credibility were it not for the near universal bias in the MSM on issues ranging from abortion to guns to illegal immigration to ObamaCare to religion to the TEA Party to welfare to … !

BOW DOWN!

I’d pay the dollar, AND splurge for the popcorn!

There’s always Larry Clayman. And although FOX’s owner may not be the most conservative guy on earth, he’s richer than O, and has a strong tendency to protect his own. Besides, you think Greta, who’s been named one of the most powerful women on earth by Forbes, is about to take this lying down?

To top it off, there’s that new conservative t.v. news show, (the name of which I forget, sorry), that’s making its debut on July 4th.

Don’t know as anything will come of all this, but it sure will be interesting getting there!

Looks like the rogue low-level employee excuse is off the table for the “investigation” of James Rosen:

Holder OK’d search warrant for Fox News reporter’s private emails, official says
By Michael Isikoff
National Investigative Correspondent, NBC News
2013/05/23

Attorney General Eric Holder signed off on a controversial search warrant that identified Fox News reporter James Rosen as a “possible co-conspirator” in violations of the Espionage Act and authorized seizure of his private emails, a law enforcement official told NBC News on Thursday.

The disclosure of the attorney general’s role came as President Barack Obama, in a major speech on his counterterrorism policy, said Holder had agreed to review Justice Department guidelines governing investigations that involve journalists.

With respect to the IRS debacle: Dept Head, Lerner, in front of Issa’s House committee declares herself innocent of any wrongdoing or knowledge of wrongdoing/illegal activity - then refuses to answer questions. Outgoing IRS commissioner Miller, in front of the same House committee, when asked specific questions regarding the IRS targeting of conservative groups declares he knows nothing, can’t remember and/or doesn’t recall/not sure. His predecessor, IRS Commissioner Shulman, says he doesn’t know, didn’t hear anything, didn’t see anything and as to his 118 trips to the White House during the period of targetting can only recall going there for the purpose of an Easter egg hunt. Honest to God, you can’t make this stuff up.

Couple of things: 1) If IRS managers don’t know what the hell is going on within their department then what good are they - what useful purpose do they serve? 2) We are going to hand over the monitoring and much of the implementation of Obamacare to a department - the IRS - that’s managers don’t know sh-t? A department made up of managerial Mr. Magoos? God help us!! 3) Issa and the Repubs are so anxious to directly tie this matter to Obama that they are making an investigatory mistake by starting their inquiry at the top levels of the IRS - they need to build the case from the bottom up, not the top down. Lower level employees know what went on and why - that’s where to start the investigation. IMHO

As for the Rosen caper: Hmmm, let’s see. Obama says he is initiating a Justice Department investigation into the Rosen/AP reporters matter. AG Holder, head of the Justice Department, admits yesterday to signing off his approval of the affidavit bringing Rosen under investigation for “subversive activity” - activity that amounted to doing what investigative reporters do, asking questions/seeking information from their sources. So, is Holder going to investigate Holder?? Is Barack, our resident constitutional genius, freakin’ serious??

One would have to be a drooling idiot to buy into this crap!!

Here’s an amazing statistic…as of 2009, the total number of IRS employees totaled…get this…93,337!!!

Imagine if we’re paying each one of these an average of 45K a year with full benefits and/or pensions!

Folks, the more we raise taxes, the more IRS employees will have to be hired to account for all the new tax dollars! What a racket…

Doc Mike, that’s the problem with doing a Sergeant-Schultz to stonewall and evade personal responsibility. That claim intrinsically means the stonewallers and responsibility-evaders were grossly incompetent! And should be fired as such! Involuntarily having to hand out resumes’ should be the price of avoiding modeling orange jumpsuits on the runways of the GreyBar Hotel!

Drazor, you can bet the farm, or what’s left of it, that the average janitor at the IRS makes far more than $45K/yr when one adds in employee benefits. I would imagine the average agent in the IRS makes north of $120/yr when employee benefits are included - $140K would come as no shock. Management probably makes north of $180K/yr with EBs. Commissioner Lerner, now on paid Admin Leave, was reported to make a salary of about $175/yr - not counting EBs. Considering that government benefits are VERY generous, I would guess she is costing the taxpayers about $215K/yr. Of course, she makes up for this salary and benefit package by demonstrating a complete lack of integrity.

MDMike:

1. Issa and the Repubs are so anxious to directly tie this matter to Obama that they are making an investigatory mistake by starting their inquiry at the top levels of the IRS - they need to build the case from the bottom up, not the top down. Lower level employees know what went on and why - that’s where to start the investigation. IMHO

No need to be humble out it 'cuz it’s exactly right.

Start from the bottom up, and it isn’t the underlings who get thrown under the bus. Start from the top down, and nobody who’s actually responsible is held accountable.

Not sure the Rs are this subtle, but a bait and switch - scare the higher ups into hyper-vehiculating some scapegoats and then go to the lower-downs after they see they will be scapegoated rather than protected - could be an effective strategy.

All of these bloated government agencies, along with the continuing downhill slide of the economy, remind me of the book by Larry Burkett - The Thor Conspiracy. If you have ever read that, about the only jobs available were government jobs; you either had a government job, or were a farmer (or worked on a farm); otherwise, you lived in abject poverty. Seems like we’re heading that direction. In the book, though, the ultimate crisis came in 2010. The president was a Green Party member, and in someways, reminds me of Obama. I could see Obama ending up the way President Rand did - curled up in a fetal position under the desk in the Oval Office . . .

So, here’s the latest…

As of 2013, there are over 150,000 IRS employees, who, by the way, fall under the NTEU (National Treasury Employees Union). So in just four short years under the Obama Administration, the IRS has grown from 93,337 individuals to over 150,000!!! That’s an increase of nearly 60,000 IRS agents in four years!!! If this isn’t alarming to the Republicans in the House and Senate, I don’t know what would be…

An update on the Attkisson story:

CBS News confirms Sharyl Attkisson’s computer hacked
CBS News/ June 14, 2013, 12:22 PM

CBS News announced Friday that correspondent Sharyl Attkisson’s computer was hacked by “an unauthorized, external, unknown party on multiple occasions,” confirming Attkisson’s previous revelation of the hacking.

“Evidence suggests this party performed all access remotely using Attkisson’s accounts. While no malicious code was found, forensic analysis revealed an intruder had executed commands that appeared to involve search and exfiltration of data. This party also used sophisticated methods to remove all possible indications of unauthorized activity, and alter system times to cause further confusion. CBS News is taking steps to identify the responsible party and their method of access.”

Other reports, from Attkisson herself, indicate that this happened around the time of her reporting on Benghazi. For some reason, I don’t think this was done by hackers in China or MIT, operating on their own initiative, at least.