Appliance touchup

I have a cast iron kitchen sink that I have used that touchup paint on that is supposed to fix those small bare spots. I have used the paint several times but it does not work since the spots come back.

I do not want to replace the sink because I am not sure if trying to remove it will damage the counter top. I do not want to have to replace that because then it would not be a match with another countertop that is in the kitchen.

Any suggestions?

Maybe this?

How to Refinish a Cast Iron Sink | eHow.com

The “This Old House” site said send to out. Since you don’t want to remove it that could be a problem.

[quote=“tperkins2009, post:2, topic:26768”]
Maybe this?

How to Refinish a Cast Iron Sink | eHow.com

The “This Old House” site said send to out. Since you don’t want to remove it that could be a problem.
[/quote]I always can pull it out but I am afraid that the process of removing it from the counter top will chip up the edges next to the sink. It is not like I have not removed sinks before but then that was a matter of undoing the clips holding the sink in and this sink has been glued in.

I don’t know all the specifics of your case, but for whatever it’s worth, you have to have the rust thoroughly removed before you paint. I’m guessing that the rust can expand and contract with heat and cold and crack the paint. When that happens, moisture gets in (and doesn’t easily get out), and the rust grows and lifts the paint completely off.