Are We Trying to Keep People from Dying or Just Getting Sick?

Are We Trying to Keep People from Dying or Just Getting Sick?

The illness is not death. There’s a 98% recovery rate. So what are we preventing with the lockdown. We are destroying an economy in order to keep people feeling good.

1 Like

This is a real rock and a hard place situation. The virus is highly contagious, far more so than the normal flu. It can also be more deadly for certain groups, especially the elderly. It is also more lethal in more ways than we thought. It seems to induce blood clots which cause strokes in younger adults.

I agree that some politicians, mostly Democrats, are on a power trip with this and are enacting far more draconian measures than necessary. Some Democrats see this as a great political opportunity. Still the danger is there.

At some point, probably in most places, May 1, the hard lock down has got to end. We can’t survive if we keep this up.

It is also a huge national issue. Intentional or not, this has been the biggest victory the Red Chinese have won over us. I hope that we learn from this. I am not saying that end all trade, but we need to become far less dependent upon them. They are our enemies just as much as the old Soviet Union was. We have got to take back our ability to manufacture more drugs and other goods that are connected with our national security.

1 Like

So far the 98% number has not been refuted. If its correct then its time to re-open everything all the way.

As worried as the population should be and doctors say you should be doing everything you can to protect yourself, data shows that 98% of those who have contracted the disease have survived - in fact, 80% of people who have gotten sick have had such mild cases and never saw a doctor for it.

Source: Doctors: 98% of coronavirus patients survive, but many others could have contracted it and not known

Carson, a former pediatric neurosurgeon and a member of the White House coronavirus task force, told Fox News Thursday that ‘98 percent’ of coronavirus cases recover despite health experts warning that it is impossible to currently fix an accurate recovery rate on the virus.

Source: Ben Carson says ‘98 percent’ of coronavirus cases recover and U.S. can’t ‘operate out of hysteria’ | Daily Mail Online

1 Like