Army Orders Bible Verses Scraped Off Scopes

The U.S. Army is directing troops to remove a Bible inscription that a vendor etched into the serial numbers of weapon scopes, Fox News has learned.

Soldiers at Fort Wainwright in Alaska told Fox News they received a directive to turn in their scopes so the Bible references could be removed.

The scopes were made by Trijicon and referenced New Testament passages in John 8:12 and Second Corinthians 4:6. The verses appeared at the end of the scope serial numbers – “JN8:12” and “2COR4:6.”Army Orders Bible Verses Scraped Off Scopes - Todd Starnes - [page]

So here we have the military once again telling our troops they can not have religious feelings.

Isn’t that an old one?

Well, we don’t put bible verses on missiles, bombs, planes, ships, bullets, kevlar, humvees, or pretty much any other piece of military equipment. The only complaint I have is this being an utter waste of time. If the manufacturer puts it there, than why waste hours (and money) just to scratch it off?

I heard about this while I was still living in Vicksburg. This is kind of old news. The company has biblical numbers as part of their logo, so it’s being removed.

It’s stupid, but I’m not going to get worked up about this.

The manufacturer had to stop making the scopes with the references on them. This is the first that I’ve heard of the soldiers being required to scrape them off of scopes already in inventory.

I deleted the unused duplicate thread.

I don’t understand why our soldiers time and our tax $$'s are being spent on this exercise. The mfr. produced the scopes NOT according to spec. The scopes should have been returned for re-work at no charge. Failing that…the cost of the rework by our troops should be deducted from future purchases.

Because they don’t want to offend people with the weapons used to kill Muslims.
:howler:

It’s freakin stupid.

I thought the big Pentagon order for hollowpoint NATO rounds packed in pork grease took care of that concern!

Nah, that never happened.

What actually did happen is that pork fat is an ingredient in a gun lube used by some unit under SOCOM. It wasn’t an intentional thing though, they just tested a bunch of lubes and found one that suited operational needs better than CLP, which doesn’t hold up well under water.

I think pig’s blood should be used in the lead casting for all 5.56 Nato bullets, but they won’t go with my suggestion.

I’m gonna get Ezekiel 25:17 engraved on my guns.

How Pulp Fiction of you!

Wait wait wait, did someone really try to order hollow points for the military?

Mine was a joke BOP…dunno about the rest.