As Country Club Republicans Link Up With The Democratic Ruling Class, Millions Of Vot

As Country Club Republicans Link Up With The Democratic Ruling Class, Millions Of Voters Are Orphaned
By Angelo Codevilla
Forbes.com
2/20/13

On January 1, 2013 one third of Republican congressmen, following their leaders, joined with nearly all Democrats to legislate higher taxes and more subsidies for Democratic constituencies. Two thirds voted no, following the people who had elected them. For generations, the Republican Party had presented itself as the political vehicle for Americans whose opposition to ever-bigger government financed by ever-higher taxes makes them a “country class.” Yet modern Republican leaders, with the exception of the Reagan Administration, have been partners in the expansion of government, indeed in the growth of a government-based “ruling class.” They have relished that role despite their voters. Thus these leaders gradually solidified their choice to no longer represent what had been their constituency, but to openly adopt the identity of junior partners in that ruling class. By repeatedly passing bills that contradict the identity of Republican voters and of the majority of Republican elected representatives, the Republican leadership has made political orphans of millions of Americans. In short, at the outset of 2013 a substantial portion of America finds itself un-represented, while Republican leaders increasingly represent only themselves.

Codevilla, arguably, paints with overly broad strokes. Obviously there are people who voted R because they actually agree with party leaders’ policies. BUT a large percentage of R voters did so simply because they perceived the D alternative to be significantly worse, and a vote for some third party to enable the election of that some one worse. BTDTGTTS! A drawerful, in fact! And there is an unknown-sized third group, people who have usually voted R, but voted for some one not R or D, or who stayed home. These two disaffected groups - reluctant R voters and former R voters - may in fact be more numerous than those who voted for “Moderate” R candidates in agreement with their policies.

For all the guilt-tripping - “Your refusal to vote for Romney (or McCain) is the reason Obama won!” … been hearing this crap casserole dished out for years - the R Party is, I think, fast approaching a crisis, led there in fact by its leaders. Those leaders are working hard to drive conservatives to the back of the bus, imagining they have no option but to vote for the lesser of two evils. Like real world buses, this metaphoric bus has emergency exits. A third party is one such. A Whig-style dissolution and start over is another. Personally I’m not quite “there” but: RINOs like Schwarzenegger and Specter are driving me there; surrenders like the tax increase cited by this article are driving me there; party leaders and their crap-casserole dishing fellow-travellers are driving me there. Voting for Snoopy is being made to look ever more attractive, and that by R Party “leadership”. So, go ahead Mo-o-o-o-oderates, keep dishing the crap casserole … see how many elections you win by driving out the conservatives you so disdain!

Pardon me for not reading the entire article, but that one paragraph right there expresses why I am so DISGUSTED with the likes Rove, et. al., who insist we need to pick people who can WIN over people with core values.

I’m flumuxed with that whole train of thought when it’s right there in front of everybody’s faces that every time you choose someone with core values, that person wins.

I began beating this drum back in the last Primary, the longer Conservatives wait to dump the GOP and get something else started the harder it will be have an effect in 2016.

This will be a difficult journey, the longer it takes to begin the longer it will take to complete.

What’s the point in winning if you have to reject all of your morals to do it.

and what are the point of morals if you can never practice them

None, unless your a liberal or RINO.

Where are all the RINO supporting Liberal Pubbies who parrot this nonsense all the time?
Cat got your tongues? You see, we are not going away, nor will we follow lock step. We want conservative values in our leaders, not the same old tired, “We’ll never win with SoCons”. We want a return to what made this country the best of all time, not compromise with the evil that put us where we are now. Sure, we are seen as “KOOKS” but it seems we have big enough numbers to be a factor. Care to remind us of how we are not needed or wanted? Hmmmm?

Everyone knows that the best way to win the election is to kick out the base.

There’s always the option of practicing morals. A bad government just means that there are earthly consequences for doing so.

A.K.A. foundation. And build a “big tent” upon the sand and move it over the largest demographic- until it moves around and you have to do it again. Instead of a solid structure on a sound foundation that will weather the storm, and inviting the people to move into the building instead…

Tiny:

Where are all the RINO supporting Liberal Pubbies who parrot this nonsense all the time?

Sadly, in Congress.