At least 28 killed in terror attacks at Brussels airport, Metro station

At least 28 killed in terror attacks at Brussels airport, Metro station | Fox News

A couple of cowards blew themselves up taking a bunch of innocent people with them.

Religion of peace!

Appears they may have focused on locations near American airlines, this is just early information I am hearing on CNN.

Last week, there have been murders of an American in Israel, there were stabbing of two soldiers in Toronto (which the Toronto police suggested was due to mental illness), bombings in Turkey, and now this.

My guess is that the Paris attacker who was arrested had better start giving up information in a rapid and efficient fashion, or he might find himself in the hands of the Americans.

[quote=“shockedcanadian, post:3, topic:48493”]
My guess is that the Paris attacker who was arrested had better start giving up information in a rapid and efficient fashion, or he might find himself in the hands of the Americans.
[/quote]I sure hope we don’t do anything terrible to this poor man, like waterboard him(or WORSE), as Trump has shamefully suggested. We had better treat him with kindness and dignity! Anything less, is simply uncivilized.

I am not a supporter of torture as it has been proven to be ineffective in most cases. As it were, the Paris attacker actually gave very good intel, including suggesting that he was planning another attack. It is possible; I am only postulating, that his warnings about other attacks may have pushed these attacks in Brussels as these guys may have realized they would soon be arrested or prevented from carrying out this attack.

[quote=“shockedcanadian, post:5, topic:48493”]
I am not a supporter of torture as it has been proven to be ineffective in most cases. As it were, the Paris attacker actually gave very good intel, including suggesting that he was planning another attack. It is possible; I am only postulating, that his warnings about other attacks may have pushed these attacks in Brussels as these guys may have realized they would soon be arrested or prevented from carrying out this attack.
[/quote] For your information, waterboarding IS NOT “TORTURE” regardless of how many fools make that claim. I’ve BEEN “waterboarded” while in the Army as a demonstration of what to expect. It’s scary as hell and makes you feel like you’re drowning, but it causes NO PERMANENT damage–physical OR psychological–which is WHY it’s so effective. It’s a VERY effective technique to get to the TRUTH, too. In my case, it took three tries for me to give up the fact that my favorite cookies are chocolate-chip after being “warned” that that “revelation would result in the deaths of many of my friends.”

The CIA has long suggested torture isn’t effective as a reliable method to extract reliable information. I don’t want to get into the debate of the fact people have died being waterboarded, including some in training. If you die during such an “interrogation”, it can’t be labelled anything but torture. Furthermore; positive reinforcement has been proven as a better tactic than negative reinforcement.

In cases of imminent terror attacks, the rules become different. For intelligence purposes, especially when they are completed over a long period of time, waterboarding and other tactics are not effective. If it is for the purposes of specific details about an attack it is a debate for people smarter than myself. I expect some might accept limited torture under such circumstances, otherwise, we can’t lose our civility lest we become the animals we despise.

I’ve never heard of anyone dying under waterboarding; if they have, they probably had a weak heart, or some other serious physical defect to start with. Although, a drawback of torture is that you might have people who don’t know anything make stuff up to get out from under it. But it is probably more likely to be used on people who are known to have information.

Those being interrogated have died from waterboarding. As I stated, I am not going to disparage certain agencies as these operatives were only following orders and it was a dangerous time. The concept as to how someone drowns isn’t difficult to imagine, yes heart condition or otherwise is possible, but also, consider if someone doesn’t give you any information, you prolong the sensation of drowning further and further until it eventually succeeds. By accident, but successful nonetheless.

The Japanese engaged in this during WWII, many American GI’s died. As I recall, at least one Japanese torturer was put on trial and executed for these tactics, but I am only going on memory.

You are making statements without anything to back them up.

It MAY have happened years ago, but NO waterboarding is undertaken in this day and age without a physician present to PREVENT someone from dying. It was that way when I went through it back in the 1960’s, too. If your son or daughter was in immediate danger and you had a guy in custody who knew when and where an attack was going to occur, you’d BE justified in “torture” if doing so would save your son’s or daughter’s life. In fact, you’d DEMAND it! It’s really no different if the potential victims are perfect strangers.