Atlas Shrugged

If you want to understand what’s going on today with the bailouts and the almost guaranteed failure of those businesses in the near future, read this book. It was published in 1957, but it took 20 years to write (if I’m not mistaken). I read it a few years ago, but it came to mind the moment these stupid bailouts were first proposed.

The book is fiction btw.

Satanist!

Yeah, it’s too bad Ayn Rand was an atheist. Everyone can still learn from her though.

I was actually entertaining the idea of getting something going where we (citizens) would send a copy of Atlas Shrugged to congress.

I was just quoting Anderson :smiley:

It would be a good idea if Congressmen would actually listen to it; but they are folks who just like the villains, believe in compulsory “good” behavior, compulsory volunteerism and compulsory participation in self-destruction.

I’ve had this forever. I heard they’re planning on destroying it by making a movie lol

Naw, a movie would be OK. They’d destroy it by having Keanu Reeves star in it.

You dare insult Ted?

:machinegu

Um, I don’t get your point here. Maybe I’m slow today…

Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventures. One of Reeve’s earlier movies about a bunch of time traveling losers lol

That was Keanu Reeves ??!! But his expression changed in that movie.

lol EV

And Angelina Jolie, John Edwards fan, is set to play Dagny Taggart…

And not surprisingly, the rumor was that Pitt was to be John Galt.

Good book. Only one I’ve read three times straight, over a period of about six months.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/SusannaHarriff/Smilies/troll.gif

It’s a dance party!? Alright!
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

I just love being censored!
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

I’m sure you’ll get your wish.

I’m sorry, I’m not trying to make fun of you guys specifically, just the idea that this forum promotes. I’m just saying, I’m as far left as they come, but even I don’t participate in forums that actively promote ignoring and censoring and propagandizing about the other side.

retard says what?

Wow. The idea that you think I would actually respond with the word you’re looking for simultaneously makes me laugh, and question your intelligence. But I was already doing that, because you are here and seriously agree with most of this bullshit.