B’klyn bat man: Run, looters!

Hardened New Yorkers are ready to battle lowlife criminals to protect their homes and stores in storm-ravaged areas plagued by looting and break-ins.
In Coney Island, several residents were loading up their guns, sharpening their machetes and brandishing other deadly weapons.
Jacinto Gonzalez, 42, picked up a baseball bat and stood guard outside his two-story rowhouse on West 27th Street near Neptune Avenue with his family.
Another Coney Island resident, Roberto Aviles, brandishing a rusty 3-foot machete and warning he has a gun, who has lived in Coney Island since 1995 with his wife, says he’s ready to take on phony burglars posing as Con Ed workers.

“I’m prepared inside here,” the 76-year-old Aviles said, showing off his rusted, three-foot machete and warning he had a gun.

Hardened New Yorkers are ready to battle lowlife criminals to protect their homes and stores in storm-ravaged areas plagued by looting and break-ins.
In Coney Island, several residents were loading up their guns, sharpening their machetes and brandishing other deadly weapons.
Jacinto Gonzalez, 42, picked up a baseball bat and stood guard outside his two-story rowhouse on West 27th Street near Neptune Avenue with his family.
Another Coney Island resident, Roberto Aviles, brandishing a rusty 3-foot machete and warning he has a gun, who has lived in Coney Island since 1995 with his wife, says he’s ready to take on phony burglars posing as Con Ed workers.

“I’m prepared inside here,” the 76-year-old Aviles said, showing off his rusted, three-foot machete and warning he had a gun.

Residents arm selves with bats and machetes to protect homes from Sandy looters - NYPOST.com

Where are those troops I read were going in to help?

Guard lends support to 13 states hit by Sandy - Army News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq - Army Times

You know, I was in NYC in 63 to 66 and was caught up in the great blackout of 64 [ I believe] and there was amazing cooperation and friendliness, people helping people, and now it’s all gone. How sad.

Liberalism kills off the very souls of men, leaving only their Godless shells and nary of trace of human dignity.

But without government we’d all just die!

Liberalism replaces God with State.

[quote=“Jebby, post:4, topic:36924”]
But without government we’d all just die!
[/quote]This is the most direct and perfect analysis I have seen since joining this site.

Trouble brings out the best in the good, and the worst in the evil.