Baby's Head Found Inside Patient of Michigan Abortionist

Baby’s Head Found Inside Patient of Michigan Abortionist
by Dr. Susan Berry

2013/05/02

In an email read by Michigan state Sen. Tonya Schuitmaker (R-Lawton), a Muskegon OB/GYN has urged the state to revoke the medical license of abortionist Dr. Robert Alexander. The physician observed that he has treated several of Alexander’s patients in the emergency room, including one woman in her second trimester whose uterus Alexander allegedly perforated during an abortion.

“Dr. Alexander perforated the woman’s uterus so badly that it was hanging on by two blood vessels,” the physician wrote. “The decapitated head of a fetus was in the woman’s abdomen and the large intestine had been grasped and pulled away from its blood supply and into the vagina. The woman required a hysterectomy, colonoscopy, and several units of blood to save her life.”

LifeNews reports that though Alexander’s clinic was shut down in December of 2012 due to unsafe and unsanitary conditions, Michigan’s state medical board never terminated his license to practice medicine.

According to Target 8 Woodtv.com in Muskegon, an apparent conflict of interest allowed Alexander to continue to practice after complaints against him were not investigated.

A Target 8 investigation in February found that over 10 months after a Muskegon physician alleged, in 2009, that Alexander had botched abortions, Dr. George Shade, the chairman of the Michigan Board of Medicine responded to the complaint with the statement, “No investigation needed.”

Photos obtained by Target 8 in January were taken by police when they entered the facility on December 26, 2012 to investigate a break-in. The photos revealed some of the unsanitary conditions that led the Muskegon Fire Marshal to shut down Alexander’s clinic.

If it hasn’t been obvious, I have long been skeptical of the Safe in the Keep Abortion Safe and Legal bumpersticker slogan. Profitable would be more apt and accurate. The exposure of Gosnell’s Hell-Hole and subsequent Hell-Hole exposures in other states, individually and collectively, have far exceeded the depth of my skepticism! Here again a Hell-Hole was exposed by an accident, an investigation that had nothing to do with its infernal conditions or incompetent and unsafe practices and personnel. Here again the state agencies who should have inspected and shut down this Hell-Hole abortuary were AWOL. And a Board of Medicine that knew of Alexander’s deadly incompetence gave him a buddy-buddy wink-and-finger-wag!

BTW, the significance of that woman needing “several units of blood” is that, due to this abortionist’s butchery, she had lost most of the blood in her body and her hemorrhaging was so severe that while the butchery was being repaired that she bled out some of the blood she had received! Calling what this abortionist did to her “butchery” is an insult to butchers!

And the abortionist didn’t count the pieces of the baby as he removed them? How could he not notice he hadn’t removed the baby’s head?! Did the abortionist flunk Physiology 101?! Or was his butchery so horrible and life-threatening that the woman had to be rushed to the ER before he could remove the baby’s head?

And we have had exposures of abortuary Hell-Holes from at least six states, Hell-Holes whose continued existence was due to state agencies refusing to do their jobs and cronyism! The MSM normally jump on stories of governmental incompetence and cronyism. So where are the national level MSM?

All of your posts that exhibit the horrific and lack of safety in the present baby killing industry has been receiving an overshelming response from the pro-baby killers on this site. Their silence is loud and telling.

OMG! Further down the article:

The photos revealed some of the unsanitary conditions that led the Muskegon Fire Marshal to shut down Alexander’s clinic.

Authorities said that the violations placed the health and safety of patients at risk. The conditions observed by the investigator included stained medical equipment, trash located near lab equipment, a leaky ceiling, and “blood dripping from a sink p-trap in a room used by patients.”

Police found evidence of a broken rear window that was connected to the break-in. However, what they observed inside the abortion clinic was a long list of violations that were termed a danger to “human life and public welfare,” and that ultimately led the fire marshal to close the facility down.

The fire marshal noted improper disposal of syringes and needles, unsterilized medical equipment, and dumping of chemicals and other liquids down the drain.

According to Target 8 investigators who spoke with Alexander over the phone, he blamed the conditions on the break-in.

“The last time I was there, when I left, it was pristine,” Alexander said.

One of the most important reasons for permitting abortion as a legal choice is to keep the practice safe for women. I doubt whether you have any genuine empathy for Gosnell’s victims, since in other contexts you slam abortion as unalterably evil and favor absolute criminalization. If abortion were to be driven underground, Gosnell-like hell-holes would be everywhere. And since you view these women as common murderers, it stretches credulity that their safety is of any concern to you.

The obvious position is the sensible one - keep abortion legal so the practice can be regulated and kept safe (as well as limited to and available in the early stages of pregnancy only). The real scandal with the Gosnell horror is the lack of willingness of regulators to crack down on the abortion hell-holes, in large part because the issue of abortion is so politicized. Pro-lifers can’t support sensible solutions because that would require them to abandon their extremist stance that all abortion is murder. Pro-choicers can’t support sensible solutions because that would be the first step on the slippery slope to banning the procedure.

Extremists on both sides live in mortal fear of the slippery slope. In the meantime, we suffer through the reality that abortion, while legal, is largely unavailable in much of the country, and that forces too many women into desparate situations in the second trimester and later where they fall prey to the Gosnells of the world.

One of the most important reasons for permitting abortion as a legal choice is to keep the practice safe for women.

Well, given the sheer number of Gosnell Hell-Holes being exposed, your “reason for permitting abortion as a legal choice” is a rather clear failure. The callousness and cupidity of abortionists such as the ones being exposed demonstrates that Hell-Holes and abortion-butchery have their genesis in the human heart, not the mythic “back alleys” and “coat hangers”.

I doubt whether you have any genuine empathy for Gosnell’s victims, since in other contexts you slam abortion as unalterably evil and favor absolute criminalization.

Just to be clear, I have never said such things and would not.

If abortion were to be driven underground, Gosnell-like hell-holes would be everywhere.

And how, exactly would that differ from present reality?! Roe vs. Wade has had the perverse effect - one I’m not sure even Pro Life people predicted back in the early 70s - of spreading such Hell-Holes and making them all the more common!

And since you view these women as common murderers, it stretches credulity that their safety is of any concern to you.

Here also is something I would not say! And my family and I have contributed $$ to and worked at a residence home for pregnant women who went there rather than abort their babies. My family and I have contributed clothing to Crisis Pregnancy Centers’ clothing closets for women who choose not to abort and for their babies. Mrs. S and I have offered to open our home to a single woman who chose not to abort her baby, or to adopt her baby if she so chose. And we did such things even when it would have been very difficult for us financially. This standard-issue Pro-Abortionists’ narrative of uncaring Pro-Life people is as false as it is irrelevant (we neither created nor is our support sufficient to sustain CPCs, which are nationwide, nor that home I mentioned; obviously there are many, many more caring Pro-Life people!) family has put our $$, home and selves into our “concern” for such women and for their babies. I’ll leave to ConLib to tell, or not, of his family’s actions.

Edited with apologies to Jazz for mistaking to whom he was responding.

Pete, I was responding to CL, not you. Please see that I was responding directly to CL’s statement that the “pro-baby killers on the site” were conspicuous in their silence. I do not accuse you of any lack of empathy; it is not you who has called me “evil” and a “pro-baby killer”.

Edit: And it should go without saying, but I will anyway because of the folks here who label me evil, that I am as horrified by the Gosnell hell-hole as you or anyone else on this site. All I’ve EVER advocated here is a sensible course that has as its goal the reduction in the number of abortions. I’m reminded of something that columnist Kimberley Strassel wrote in this morning’s WSJ:

The GOP is split between those who insist on making a point and those who want to make some progress

I am a pragmatist,  not an ideologue.    I want to make progress, and reduce the number of abortions.   Calling persons of good will "evil" and "baby killers", while self-satisfying by "making a point",  is destructive to reconciliation and progress.

I would be more shocked to learn that baby killers who run abortion mills were diligent about being sterile and professional, it makes perfect sense that people bloodthirsty and immoral enough to support abortion would also not give a damn about how crude, barbaric and unsanitary their methods are.

What murderer sterilizes the bullet hole of their victim?

Expecting an abortion mill to be “safe” for anyone is pretty naive, any enterprise that exists solely for the purpose of destroying innocent human life will never be concerned with the health of any person unfortunate enough to find themselves at their mercy.

I’m going to have to dig up a copy of Judgment At Nuremberg - the book, not the movie. Maybe it’s in Nook or Kindle format.

I think this is the beginnings of something bigger. All these cases coming to light. This is a lot like the Emeret Till murder in 1955. If the American people actually heard this in the news, there would be an outrage.

(I heard about Gosnell exactly once on the MSM, it was at least 10:30 PM and they quickly moved on.)

The story certainly hasn’t been buried here in Philly. It’s been in the papers for many months.

If it wasn’t for a few minutes of coverage I heard at night a few weeks ago, the only source I would have heard about Gosnell is the internet.

(Oh, I would like to congratulate Yahoo News for actually covering it, as far as liberal media goes, they are the most balanced).

You keep spewing this nonsense ignoring that history has proven otherwise

Oh, so let’s keep abortion safe huh? What the hell is safe about murder?
You pro-abortionists are disgusting? And DESPICABLE!!

“Keep Abortion Safe, Rare, and Legal” should be “Keep Abortion Legal and Profitable”

Bret Baier of FOX did a complete and unbiased and unedited, report last night and it was horrifying to say the least, and this Philadelphia Abortionist evidently has to morality and no soul. This is the most disgusting thing I have seen in some time. BUT you can almost bet Eric Holder will, at some point jump in and offer federal protection or something like that. As these stories come out I do think Congress will —saunter- into action and agree something needs to be done------someday-- but not in this election cycle, dems need the votes.

Seems like the State licensing is working as intended. Where would we all be without the State ensuring that our doctors are competent to practice medicine? I mean if the State did not perform this invaluable service who would?

Same goes for the FDA, EPA, USDA, public schools…everything government touches gets destroyed.