Back To Work (The scare is over)

A fantastic story to start this thread off with:

States tell workers they’ll lose unemployment benefits if they refuse to return to jobs

“If you’re an employer and you offer to bring your employee back to work and they decide not to, that’s a voluntary quit,” Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds ® said Friday. “Therefore, they would not be eligible for the unemployment money.”

Reynolds also said employers who have workers that refuse to return should file a report with Iowa Workforce Development.

3 Likes

I would also add that any state that refuses to open back up, Trump should refuse any request for Federal funds.

Republicans are reopening. Why is Democratic Gov. Polis doing the same in Colorado?

Across the country, it’s largely Republican governors who are moving expeditiously to ease coronavirus stay-at-home orders and reopen swaths of their states’ economies. Critics warn they’re moving too fast.

But in Colorado, it’s a progressive Democratic governor who’s accelerating the reopening process.

Gov. Jared Polis announced a relaxation of his state’s stay-at-home edict two weeks ago, permitting curbside retail sales, real estate showings and voluntary or elective medical, dental or veterinary procedures. On Friday, a wider reopening was permitted, as retailers can allow in-person shopping. Barbershops, salons, personal trainers and tattoo parlors were allowed to restart, too — all must observe strict social distancing guidelines. And on Monday, offices will be allowed to reopen with up to 50 percent of their workforces.

“Jared isn’t following Republican governors — he’s leading Democratic ones,” said Ted Trimpa, a Colorado-based Democratic strategist who has known Polis for roughly 15 years.

“They’ve stayed home, they’ve stayed apart. That’s why we’ve seen the hospital admissions that are steady now, we’ve not had the surges that we were afraid we were going to have, so as we move forward we’re going to continue to rely on Ohioans and they will continue to make individual decisions. Basically, 90 percent of the economy is open in a week, and we’re going to move from there to have a time where restaurants are going to open up, our hair [salons are] going to open up and things are going to be back.”

Great tweets: LINK

The government resources have been stretched to thin to pay for this, and anyone who can go back to work should obligated to do so. We can’t afford to feed drones who think this will be a two year vacation.

If you want to live on the dole, move to California or New York. Those states admire lazy people who think the rest us owe them a living. Of course in the mean time those states show be cut off from any federal funds that would help them pay the drones’ benefits.

1 Like

Fortunately there are a few patriots here in California too. To wit:

California restaurant defies statewide order, opens for dine-in service

“We either run around in fear of getting a virus or we’re homeless,” said owner Cherie Baldridge. “I’m going to be homeless if I don’t open my business back up.”

From the packed parking lot to the bustling dining room, the restaurant saw its first lunch rush in more than a month. “I found myself just smiling the whole time. I was like, ‘Wow this feels awesome,’" customer Kathy Ralph said.
“It felt like getting back to normal,” Glenn Ralph added.

< Snip >

Waffle House Inc. President and CEO Walter Ehmer discusses
reopening restaurants in Oklahoma, Georgia, Texas and parts of
Tennessee with FOX Business’ Stuart Varney

Cuomo Says the Lockdown is Unsustainable

RUSH: Well, now, looky here. We’re gonna go to the audio sound bites. This is Andrew Cuomo. This is in Rochester, New York, today. He held a press conference to talk about the coronavirus pandemic. Tell me where you have heard this before.

CUOMO: People are all talking about reopening, which we should be talking about. This is not a sustainable situation, close down everything, close down the economy, lock yourself in the home. You can do it for a short period of time, but you can’t do it forever.

RUSH: He’s six weeks late to this. Who is it that’s been saying this is not sustainable since this all began? That would be me. And it’s been Governor Cuomo who has been suggesting that, “Oh, no, we’re nowhere near being able to ease. Oh, no, it’s still too bad out there.” Now all of a sudden the lockdown is not sustainable.

Map of when US states are ending lockdown

WHAT THE HELL are these people doing!!! THEY don’t have to ask permission to open up their businesses>>> WHERE ARE ATTORNEYs in Virginia and Elsewhere. WHY aren’t they doing something to put the kabosh on these fascist A’toles.

1 Like

You’re preaching to the choir baby. I am sure court cases will come out of this whole mess eventually, and they will stand for the next time this happens.

Texas DA arrests woman for opening her hair salon business while he is releasing dangerous criminals onto the streets to protect them from cov19.

DA Ken Creuzot
133 N. Riverfront Blvd
LB 19
Dallas TX 75207

Att Gen Ken Paxton
p.o. Bo 12548
Austin, Tx 78711-2548

ASK THEM.

They are having more protests this week. I went to the one last week.
Get dates here: https://wehaverights.com/

Did you see my pics? https://www.instagram.com/terrywobrien/

1 Like

Berlin (AFP) - Germany will take new steps towards normalisation in May, including reopening shops and schools after weeks of shutdown imposed to control the spread of the coronavirus, according to a draft agreement seen by AFP Wednesday.

Link:

LOL. Here is where I got my hair cut today, Primo’s Barbershop in Vacaville

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/coronavirus-newsom-california-businesses-some-can-reopen-friday-phase-two