Baltimore Judge Acquits Highest-Ranking Officer Charged In Death Of Freddie Gray…

[ATTACH]2782[/ATTACH]
Weasel Zippers | Scouring the bowels of the internet | Weasel Zippers

Baltimore police Lt. Brian Rice was found not guilty of involuntary manslaughter, reckless endangerment and misconduct in office in connection with Freddie Gray’s arrest and death, Judge Barry Williams ruled in a bench trial Monday. Rice is the highest-ranking officer to stand trial in Gray’s death.
Gray’s death ushered in a resurgence of Black Lives Matter protests across the country. The recent deaths of Alton Sterling and Philando Castile have popularized the movement once again.
Rice was one of the three officers on bike patrol the morning Gray was arrested, and he was the officer who put Gray into the transport wagon after he was shackled — failing to fasten his seat belt, according to the testimony of other officers.
Rice had faced several charges, including:
– Involuntary manslaughter;
– Second-degree reckless assault/reckless endangerment, and;
– Misconduct in office for failing to secure Gray with a seat belt inside a police vehicle.

Freddie Gray trial: Lt. Brian Rice found not guilty on all charges | myfox8.com

This is the fourth police man exonerated of the six from my understanding after charges made by a mayor for political reasons rather than the facts. Just another case of where the media and BLM is shown to be built on lies.

Back when I was growing up the prevailing thought was: You deserved what you got when you broke the law. That’s not a common thought these days. You couldn’t pay me enough to be a policeman, which is a good thing. I just don’t have the temperament for that job. Hit me or spit on me & the odds are that I’d shoot you. Have it done to me twice in one day & the odds would go way UP.

Actually, I think the prosecutor’s record on this set of cases is one hung jury and 3 acquittals. A rational response would be the drop the two untried cases and not retry the hung jury case. But reason and law never had anything to do with this set of cases. So I expect Mosby to proceed with whichever case is up next, unless forcibly stopped (by some one or entity to which she id accountable).

Excellent news. 0-4…

Bad guys don’t pay for their evil anymore. Notice that? These cops will have to change their names to protect themselves and their families, likely have to move…no…make that DEFINITELY have to move. The city attorney, she’ll skate. As well as that whore of a mayor and her staff and any working for her. NOTHING will happen to them. THEY will be promoted.

Meanwhile, islamists and blm are celebrating the deaths of the Baton Rouge cops. YEs…I said CELEBRATING. BLM is a terrorist organization and they’re allies of islamists…both these groups are allies of the left. Is that what we want for this country?

[quote=“Old_Tex, post:2, topic:49098”]
Back when I was growing up the prevailing thought was: You deserved what you got when you broke the law. That’s not a common thought these days.
[/quote]Except for the fact that Gray didn’t actually break any law.

he was a felon, he was a drug user, drug seller and he had an illegal knife in his possession. No cop killed this butthead. He pulled this stunt successfully in the past and he overplayed his hand this time. That is called the Darwin Award. His family will not keep that money long. They’ll likely die early because of it and frankly…good riddance.

He had a HUGE list of priors. Over a dozen, I believe. But wasn’t doing anything illegal at the time. Knives are not illegal.
It was fleeing from the police the moment he saw them, that tipped things off. They didn’t actually have anything on him at the time, though they assumed(probably correctly) he’d just been up to something since he was running with no warrants. That’s what the whole “Take him in for the knife” thing was about.

The MSM seems to have zero interest in getting any kind of statement from Marilyn Mosby.

Complaint Filed Against Mosby Calls Her ‘A Runaway Prosecutor’

June 30, 2016 6:55 PM By Meghan McCorkell

Filed Under: Baltimore, Baltimore Police, Freddie Gray, George Washington University, Marilyn Mosby

BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Baltimore City State’s Attorney Marilyn Mosby has been under fire. Now she could potentially face being disbarred, WJZ’s Meghan McCorkell reports.

A new complaint filed with the Maryland Bar Counsel calls Mosby “a runaway prosecutor” and alleges she violated ethics rules, claiming she never had probable cause to charge six officers in the death of Freddie Gray.

“I think Marilyn Mosby has harmed the city of Baltimore. And if she continues, that harm will get worse,” said law professor John Banzhaf, George Washington University.

Banzhaf, who filed the complaint, accuses Mosby of only filing charges to stop the unrest in Baltimore.

“I heard your call for ‘No justice, no peace.’ Your peace is sincerely needed as I work to deliver justice on behalf of this young man,” Mosby said in May of 2015.

Banzhaf’s complaint calls Mosby’s words a “misuse of her role” and a “perversion of her office.”

“It’s a crime, it’s unethical to indict somebody simply because it will quell the thirst of a rioting mob,” he said.

10-Page Complaint Filed Against Marilyn Mosby Over Gray Investigation « CBS Baltimore

[quote=“CWolf, post:8, topic:49098”]
He had a HUGE list of priors. Over a dozen, I believe. But wasn’t doing anything illegal at the time. Knives are not illegal.
It was fleeing from the police the moment he saw them, that tipped things off. They didn’t actually have anything on him at the time, though they assumed(probably correctly) he’d just been up to something since he was running with no warrants. That’s what the whole “Take him in for the knife” thing was about.
[/quote] Sorry, CWolf, but carrying a switchblade or any spring-assisted knife or one with a blade in excess of 5.5" is illegal in most jurisdictions…not that I think that makes any sense at all as it IS an “infringement” on the 2nd Amendment.

He should have been in jail, he should have been serving or he wouldn’t have been on the street. AS I SAID, he pulled this stunt before…this time he screwd up. His family is rich now…briefly. He’s dead. Probably the best thing. The cops ARE INNOCENT. They had nothing to do with killing him. As we are seeing with the verdicts. Many people get hauled in for less. Not just blacks. He was a money grubbing black criminal.

She is just another Affirmative Action hire, black racist who is sucking up to our US AG and Obama and she is a LOSER!

[quote=“Caroline, post:11, topic:49098”]
He should have been in jail, he should have been serving or he wouldn’t have been on the street. AS I SAID, he pulled this stunt before…this time he screwd up. His family is rich now…briefly. He’s dead. Probably the best thing. The cops ARE INNOCENT. They had nothing to do with killing him. As we are seeing with the verdicts. Many people get hauled in for less. Not just blacks. He was a money grubbing black criminal.
[/quote]Considering the police themselves say they don’t know how it happened, the coroner has a separate opinion, and there are eye witnesses who state yet a third set of events, it’s a very good skill(psychic?) that you possess in order to know exactly what happened with certainty.

As I lack your magical powers, I err on the side of thinking this is pretty weird and think there’s a decent chance the police were at fault, but not nearly certain enough to convict them(thus I’d have voted to acquit as well).