Benghazi: A idea what really happened...

Whatever information I pulled from here.

Anything else I stated came from the U.S. Senate Select committee on Intelligence Report, it’s not in full agreement, but it does references both the unclassified and classified versions of the ARB several times, the Majority Interim report from the HASC, and transcripts of testimony of Admiral Losey, General Ham, and Lt Col Gibson.

I confused FAST and FEST as, besides the acronym similarity, I was lead to believe FEST were the ones stationed in Spain, as stated here.

The GOP also notes that there remain questions about “who took the deployment of the Foreign Emergency Support Team (FEST) ‘off the table’ and why this decision was made.” In this regard they note that the Senate Investigating Committee was told that “this decision was made during a meeting that included Mr. Kennedy, the Secretary of State, and the Secretary of Defense.” I would like to add to this the question as to when was this decision made to not send the FEST made. Was it made days prior to 9/11/12? And, how does this comport to the Senate report claiming that Def. Sec. Panetta claims to have deployed FEST forces from Spain? Where those forces called back? If so why? Was Panetta defying orders?

Funny enough, he did talk about FAST elsewhere, to include their real name, yet he still confused them with FEST.

Apparently the House just decided to declassify their report on Benghazi:

New report won’t ‘stand down’ Benghazi conspiracy theories - The Washington Post

%hat’s what I have gleaned from what facts have been uncovered.

If you ask me, I think that this whole Benghazi thing went down like this. This ambassador was a BIG opponent of the “O” and Hillary, so they actually made a back door deal with a terror cell to get rid of him. one assassination, plausible deniability.

Perfect Government cover-up.

So, I am hoping that the investigation will revel just that, and Obama WILL be impeached, Indicted, Convicted and Executed for treason, and Hillary’s bid for the oval office will sink like a lead brick in a lake.

Just my thoughts there.

Benghazi happened because of incompetence in both the State Dept and the WH, and they blamed the video. That’s where the cover up is. We still don’t know why, after repeated requests, Stevens was denied security. We still don’t know the truth about the stand down order testified to by those in Tripoli. We also don’t have a clear picture of AFRICOM’s Gen. Carter Ham’s early retirement. It’s rumored all over the net that he had a team ready to go into Benghazi, and then months later said that he didn’t see what they could have done. I’m very suspect as to why so many in the upper echelons of the military have been replaced numerous times under this President.

Ambassador Stevens was appointed by Obama. He could recall him for any reason or no reason at all. Assassination is really not plausible. Increasing security would not fit in with the pre-election political narrative of the success of the Arab Spring and Obama’s victory in eliminating Qadaffi.

okey doky. then why was there NO response to the threat? I mean, we are talking tin hat theories here, and to me, it makes the most sense. if Obama appointed him, why not protect him? smells governmenty to me…

on top of that, how can he, or anybody for that matter, decide that we have to sacrifice an American for a political agenda? that’s the real tragedy here.

…as has been said…incompetence. Don’t forget who we’re dealing with here. An empty suit sitting in the Oval Office taking his orders from his handlers and an evil witch who, while perfectly capable of ordering someone’s assassination, as her history in the White House and Arkansas Governor’s mansion indicates, probably didn’t have the connections to do so in Stevens’ case. She just didn’t CARE. On the very day she turned down Steven’s last request for additional security, on her authority, a contingent of Marines were dispatched to BARBADOS to secure the consulate there. One can only ask “Secure it from WHAT? Sunburn?”

Yes we do, they weren’t told to stand down, they were told to stay and help defend the American presence in Tripoli, the rally point for all those leaving Benghazi. Equally, the squad medic was enlisted to treat the wounded coming from there.

We also don’t have a clear picture of AFRICOM’s Gen. Carter Ham’s early retirement.

We know enough. His retirement had been planned since July, so said the CJC. It had nothing to do with Benghazi.

It’s rumored all over the net that he had a team ready to go into Benghazi,

Whom he told to stay in Tripoli. It was the right call, there was nothing that team could have done. By the time they could have even boarded the C-130, the seals and the ambassador were already dead.

Let’s be clear here, the only ones ordered to stand down, were the FEST teams. FEST are DoS assets, not military, they aren’t part of DoDs chain of command either. They are deployed at the discretion of the State Department, who it seems, didn’t even understand what FEST was for.

Mum’s the word on where FEST was located, but the implication seems to be the U.S.

and then months later said that he didn’t see what they could have done. I’m very suspect as to why so many in the upper echelons of the military have been replaced numerous times under this President.

This is too vague to properly respond to. If its the cases I’m thinking of, it was largely due to the officers own misconduct, and has every implication of being the military simply cleaning house, not a political witch hunt.

Okay, if you want to explain the meaning of what “is” is.

They were suited and ready to go and told not to. What’s the difference? I saw the interview where they said they were told to stand down.

If you want to take the word of the government over the guys on the ground who were there, be my guest.

The security contractors — Kris (“Tanto”) Paronto, Mark (“Oz”) Geist, and John (“Tig”) Tiegen — spoke exclusively, and at length, to Fox News about what they saw and did that night. Baier, Fox News’ Chief Political Anchor, asked them about one of the most controversial questions arising from the events in Benghazi: Was help delayed?

Word of the attack on the diplomatic compound reached the CIA annex just after 9:30 p.m. Within five minutes, the security team at the annex was geared up for battle, and ready to move to the compound, a mile away.

“Five minutes, we’re ready,” said Paronto, a former Army Ranger. “It was thumbs up, thumbs up, we’re ready to go.”

But the team was held back. According to the security operators, they were delayed from responding to the attack by the top CIA officer in Benghazi, whom they refer to only as “Bob.”

“It had probably been 15 minutes I think, and … I just said, ‘Hey, you know, we gotta– we need to get over there, we’re losing the initiative,’” said Tiegen. “And Bob just looks straight at me and said, ‘Stand down, you need to wait.’”

“We’re starting to get calls from the State Department guys saying, ‘Hey, we’re taking fire, we need you guys here, we need help,’” said Paronto.

After a delay of nearly 30 minutes, the security team headed to the besieged consulate without orders. They asked their CIA superiors to call for armed air support, which never came

You’re confusing people now. The team in Tripoli, the one you originally referred, was not told this:

Lt Col Gibson was the man who lead the squad in Tripoli. They weren’t coming, because they were needed in Tripoli.

His team, is the one AFRICOM had at their disposal. They had no say over CIA assets, who themselves went to the scene anyway.

Correcting a past mistake, that was the wrong link, here was the right one.