Biden's remark on japan constitution raises eyebrows

A recent remark by U.S. Vice President Joe Biden that America wrote Japan’s Constitution is raising some eyebrows in Japan.
A popular front-page column in the national Asahi newspaper said this week that the comment “was unprecedented in its insensitivity” and "could even be considered arrogant."
Biden, appearing Monday with Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, attacked Republican candidate Donald Trump for saying that Japan might need to consider obtaining nuclear weapons in the future.
Many Japanese have come to embrace the postwar constitution for guiding Japan through seven decades of peace and relative prosperity. Some conservatives, though, have long resented a document they say was forced on Japan by the winners of the war.

News from The Associated Press

Biden as usual with his foot in the mouth disease shows again his stupidity just as the other day when he pointed out the man who had the codes to the nuclear football. Reality is something he abhors and only can be depended on to grab women and little else.

Considering this article is from the AP I really do not understand the reference to conservatives not desiring peace.

I think the writer was referring to JAPANESE conservatives resenting the fact that MacArthur “forced” them to accept a constitution after the surrender.

Well at least he wasn’t wrong this time. BP

I really don’t see the problem with this statement.