Big Rat Jumps Sinking Green Energy Ship (sort of)

Big Rat Jumps Sinking Green Energy Ship (sort of)
Larrey Anderson
American Thinker
1/2/11

The January edition of Scientific American contains an eye-popping interview with Vinod Khosla. Khosla was a co-founder of Sun Microsystems. He is a leading venture capitalist in “green” energies and an advisor to Scientific American. Khosla is starting to change his tune about the economic viability of “green” energy.

Khosla on government subsidies for green energy:

[quote]Anything that does not achieve unsubsidized market-competition within seven years of starting to scale is not worth subsidizing.

I believe most environmentalists most of the time are getting in the way of answers that make economic sense. Economic gravity always wins. That’s why I have the mantra about unsubsidized market competitiveness.
[/quote]
Former VP Gore is with Kleiner-Perkins-Caulfield, not Khosla Ventures, but this still may have him reaching for Tums, and other venture capital people re-thinking how they approach “green energy”.

It is amazing how happy it makes me when someone like Khosla simply states what should be obvious to everyone with a high school education.

Truly a sign of how sorry a state we are really in.

In the local paper there was an article about a new program that was aimed at children that would explain global warming and it would expand on the movie that Al Gore made “the inconvenient truth”======indoctrination gone wild

Never mind that the movie has been found to be not only misleading but false in its “facts” which have since been refuted.