Bill submitted to register buyers of Silver and Gold Coins

TNSONSOFLIBERTY.COM: Bill submitted to register buyers of Silver and Gold Coins

Bitcoins and gold, about the same to me.

Wow. They took Illinois’ guns. Now they’re going to take their gold and silver, too?
When IS that crazy state ever going to wake up?

Shades of FDR. Hang on to your family heirlooms folks!

a person who violates the Act is guilty of a petty offense and subject to a fine not exceeding $500.

mountain out of a molehill

??? The state of Illinois is making a mountain out of a molehill, or the people concerned with the Bill are?
Which do you mean?

the people concerned with the bill especially since most arent from Illinois

So, you don’t think legislators in NY, CA and other liberal states aren’t face-palming themselves for not having thought of this dodge, UNTR.

But that misses the point entirely. Why is it any of any government’s business (Federal, state or local) whether I own gold, silver, platinum, or (where would they stop?)?

Exactly. And who’d’ve ever thought that they’d want to know every time you make a lousy $10,000 transaction?

Who knows what business it is but if it passes its something that the people and state of Illinois want. I was just pointing out that even if you have $10 million in unregistered gold the biggest fine they can give you is $500, no jail time no trial just the equivalent of a speeding ticket.

An unjust fine for owning something legal. Its not different than the stupid “gun insurance” that Jazz wants.

What specifically about his law is anymore unjust than dry counties and blue laws

Hmmm maybe this is why?

Executive Order 6102 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Would the governments like to repeat history?

As I said, shades of FDR.

'Zactly. And I’ll throw my 2cents in, as well.

Rugby, selling and purchasing alcohol in dry counties is illegal.
Purchasing gold and silver in IL is legal.
See the difference?
What possible business is it of the government to know what legal products you have in your home?

But if I may answer your question with a question: What possible justifiable reason does the governement have for this law?

And yes, I find it just as unjustifiable as having to register another perfectly legal product; our firearms.

I was talking about the justification for making dry counties and blue laws not about breaking those laws.

What possible business is it of the government to know what legal products you have in your home?

But if I may answer your question with a question: What possible justifiable reason does the governement have for this law?

And yes, I find it just as unjustifiable as having to register another perfectly legal product; our firearms.

Its whatever business the people say it is, which is why its complete different than an executive order. We keep crying states rights until a state does something we dont understand or like and then we say they have no business doing it. If the law was in my state I would oppose it, but its not and with the fine being so minor for breaking it I find it laughable at how much outrage there is over it. I looked to see if there was any explanation of a justification for the law and all I could find were survivalist and paulbot forums going crazy.

Are you seriously trying to say that the good people of IL want this law?
No, we obviously don’t know either way for a fact, but c’mon, you’re yanking my chain.

If it passes, I doubt it will, then I would say they probably do but like I said I cant find anything about the law other than forums talking about how much they hate it.

You mean this?
Illinois General Assembly - Full Text of SB3341

I’ll admit I was surprised that it was introduced way back last February. However, I haven’t as yet looked up whether or not it passed.

Regardless, this is what you said that chapped my backside:

So, iow, unConstitutional laws are okay so long as the fine isn’t all that high?
Are you serious?