Birthright Citizenship Ended by Executive Order

They “aimed” for gradual emancipation AND DEPORTATION. In other words, we want black people to “not be slaves” but NOT HERE!

We gave people a choice. We certainly didn’t deport the Black patriots I mentioned before; and Lincoln wanted to offer citizenship to Blacks who served in the Union Army.

So what? Lincoln himself admitted that he didn’t consider “the black man the equal of any white man.” Of course, that COULD have been campaign rhetoric since it was said as he was running for re-election.

This wasn’t a campaign promise:

General Order No. 252 on July 30, 1863 as an Order of Retaliation that clearly reflected his stance towards the status of African American soldiers:

It is the duty of every Government to give protection to its citizens, of whatever class, color or condition, and especially to those who are duly organized as soldiers in the public service. The law of nations, and the usages and customs of war, as carried on by civilized powers, permit no distinction as to color in the treatment of prisoners of war as public enemies. To sell or enslave any captured person on account of his color, and for no offense against the laws of war, is a relapse into barbarism, and a crime against the civilization of the age.

…except you conveniently forget that in 1863, blacks held in slavery were NOT considered to be “citizens” of the United States, either legally nor conceptually, AS. Epic fail.

So you missed this part:

…towards the status of African American soldiers

And me saying:

Lincoln wanted to offer citizenship to Blacks who served in the Union Army.

But he did NOT want to offer the same thing to blacks who served in the Confederate Army. What does THAT say to you?

No Dave, back up.

You were trying to say that we were only looking into deporting blacks. Yet you have Lincoln here welcoming a portion of them into our society.

Lincoln did this, let the fact stand.

Lincoln was offering deportation to what became Liberia for FORMER SLAVES. His offer made no “citizenship” provision for former slaves who served in the Confederate Army, which many did, as he did for blacks, former slaves and “freedmen” alike, who served in the UNION Army.

As a choice, like I said. There was also an option to stay.

I think so.